Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2013, 10:15 PM

872 posts, read 2,030,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
But kill an unarmed kid minding his own business.
An unarmed kid minding his own business that started (and certainly tried to finish) a fight he could have 100% avoided.

Yes. And your point?

One thing we can rule out: Trayvon Martin had no damage to his face or head, meaning that there is no possible way Zimmerman had control of the situation. There is no way that Martin could be injury free (outside of the gun shot) and Zimmerman be bruised up without the story that is true: Martin was on top and in control.

Last edited by RunTheDistance476; 06-24-2013 at 10:51 PM..

Old 06-24-2013, 11:39 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlw2009 View Post
For all of those who think Zimmerman is still guilty, watch this video.
Hey, catch up! Over a year later you are posting a video that has been discussed numerous times. The so-called "witness" recanted his story. He said he really isn't sure what he saw or who was on top of whom.

Why not wait until these people actually testify under oath? Eyewitnesses have been proven unreliable for decades. Many studies have been done regarding this issue. I've seen documentaries in which several different people witnessing a crime told the police 5 different versions of what happened in front of them. I'm not talking about a police drama either, although that was a frequent theme on the show "Law and Order."
Quote:
One thing we can rule out: Trayvon Martin had no damage to his face or head, meaning that there is no possible way Zimmerman had control of the situation. There is no way that Martin could be injury free (outside of the gun shot) and Zimmerman be bruised up without the story that is true: Martin was on top and in control.
and there's also no way Martin could have held his hands over Zimmerman's bloody face and not had one drop of Zimmerman's blood on his hands either. AFAIK no DNA belonging to Zimmerman was found on Martin.

Control? The person with the loaded gun is ALWAYS the one in control.

Last edited by justNancy; 06-25-2013 at 12:13 AM.. Reason: fix spelling (theme, not them! lol)

Old 06-25-2013, 12:27 AM

137 posts, read 151,461 times
Arrow Murder trial off to an explosive start as prosecution opens with George Zimmerman's

Murder trial off to an explosive start as prosecution opens with George Zimmerman's expletive-laden words and defense attorney argues Trayvon Martin beat him viciously

Prosecution says that Zimmerman shot Trayvon because he 'wanted to' not because he 'had to'
Highlighted discrepancies between Zimmerman's account and that of eye witnesses
Trayvon's DNA not on gun
No blood belonging to Zimmerman was found on Trayvon's hands
Defense told jury: George Zimmerman is not guilty of murder. He shot Trayvon Martin after he was viciously attacked

Pic's and several videos

Old 06-25-2013, 02:23 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times
Did anyone but me think Zimmerman was about to doze off during opening statements. Is he on medication?

I didn't find any humor in the knock knock joke either ... I don't think anybody did in the courtroom. I do like the speed ... moving right along on day 1.

Old 06-25-2013, 02:56 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemisa View Post

Prosecution says that Zimmerman shot Trayvon because he 'wanted to' not because he 'had to'
Keep in mind that a prosecutor's opening statement isn't necessarily factual. It is to stir up emotions and is one of the most important parts of a trial, which is why I don't understand the purpose of the knock-knock joke told by the defense. I realize the point West was trying to make, but a 17 year old was shot to death, and I can't find any humor in that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Did anyone but me think Zimmerman was about to doze off during opening statements. Is he on medication?

I didn't find any humor in the knock knock joke either ... I don't think anybody did in the courtroom. I do like the speed ... moving right along on day 1.
Last year it was reported that Zimmerman had been taking 2 prescriptions the night of the incident. One was for anxiety, if I recall. If he was on medication before the shooting, I can only imagine he's taking even more now, but that shouldn't be held against him. A murder trial is extremely emotional and his entire future is at stake here. Maybe he isn't getting any sleep.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Hey, catch up! Over a year later you are posting a video that has been discussed numerous times. The so-called "witness" recanted his story. He said he really isn't sure what he saw or who was on top of whom.

Why not wait until these people actually testify under oath? Eyewitnesses have been proven unreliable for decades. Many studies have been done regarding this issue. I've seen documentaries in which several different people witnessing a crime told the police 5 different versions of what happened in front of them. I'm not talking about a police drama either, although that was a frequent theme on the show "Law and Order." and there's also no way Martin could have held his hands over Zimmerman's bloody face and not had one drop of Zimmerman's blood on his hands either. AFAIK no DNA belonging to Zimmerman was found on Martin.

Control? The person with the loaded gun is ALWAYS the one in control.
FYI, recanted his testimony? That is why the defense is planning on using him (under oath) as a key witness, according to the opening statements yesterday?

Hmm.........................

If anything he probably got scared from all of the publicity, remember, he told police the night of the actual incident, so there was no "oh he made things up over a course of the year". Besides, where is the proof he recanted, I tried to find it, I couldn't.

It was never said Trayvon Martin held his hands on or over Zimmerman, he was sitting on top of him, straddling him (again, according to Zimmerman and the witness). Clearly Zimmerman was hit MULTIPLE times to look the way he did and Martin's autopsy report included no abrasions to his face that would go along with the idea that Zimmerman ever hit Martin in the face as well.

Clearly when you take all of these actual FACTS into consideration, it is easy to see that Zimmerman was attacked and had no choice but to shoot the little thug.

Again (man it is annoying to continually repeat myself) the only person who recanted WAS TRAYVON'S "GIRLFRIEND" that said she heard the confrontation begin with Zimmerman cussing Martin out and shoving him. So why did she lie? Somebody tell me why she needed to lie.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:43 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Hey, catch up! Over a year later you are posting a video that has been discussed numerous times. The so-called "witness" recanted his story. He said he really isn't sure what he saw or who was on top of whom. [snip]
Witness 6 changed his story about who was yelling for help. He's no longer sure it was gz yelling. He did Not change who was on top --- tm was on top.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:49 AM

Quote:
FYI, recanted his testimony? That is why the defense is planning on using him (under oath) as a key witness, according to the opening statements yesterday?

Hmm.........................

If anything he probably got scared from all of the publicity, remember, he told police the night of the actual incident, so there was no "oh he made things up over a course of the year". Besides, where is the proof he recanted, I tried to find it, I couldn't.

It was never said Trayvon Martin held his hands on or over Zimmerman, he was sitting on top of him, straddling him (again, according to Zimmerman and the witness). Clearly Zimmerman was hit MULTIPLE times to look the way he did and Martin's autopsy report included no abrasions to his face that would go along with the idea that Zimmerman ever hit Martin in the face as well.

Clearly when you take all of these actual FACTS into consideration, it is easy to see that Zimmerman was attacked and had no choice but to shoot the little thug.

Again (man it is annoying to continually repeat myself) the only person who recanted WAS TRAYVON'S "GIRLFRIEND" that said she heard the confrontation begin with Zimmerman cussing Martin out and shoving him. So why did she lie? Somebody tell me why she needed to lie.
Zimmerman himself said tm covered his mouth and nose, suffocating him when they were on the ground.

Zimmerman also said he was punched in the face 25 times. One time, ok, believable. 25 times ? No way.

With the trial underway, there's no reason to be as uninformed as you are.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Zimmerman himself said tm covered his mouth and nose, suffocating him when they were on the ground.

Zimmerman also said he was punched in the face 25 times. One time, ok, believable. 25 times ? No way.

With the trial underway, there's no reason to be as uninformed as you are.
Yes clearly I'm very "uninformed".

Old 06-25-2013, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Yes clearly I'm very "uninformed".
I'm glad we agree
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime