Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2013, 06:29 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,267,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
When Zimmerman appeared in an interview with Sean Hannity, he said he knew nothing about Florida's Stand Your Ground Law. But we've just learned that he "aced" a course on it during testimony today.

Isn't anyone troubled just a bit by all of George's lies? There are "inconsistencies" in every story and then there are lies.

Yes, he seemed relieved, but he also had to know there weren't any surveillance cameras in his community. I don't see how anyone can claim he was the Neighborhood Watch Captain patrolling the area for months, but also act as if he had no clue there were video cameras throughout the community. (because there weren't) That makes no sense to me. I hope someone on the jury is paying attention to all of his lies. It was also too dark that night. All the witnesses said they could hardly see what was going on outside their windows. George had to know he wasn't videotaped. I would imagine that security would be one of the first things discussed during the neighborhood watch presentation.

Edit: I want to add that Zimmerman took courses on police interrogation methods. His father was also a Magistrate Judge in Virginia. It's been a while, but last year I looked up the duties of a Magistrate and he interrogates suspects.
No. The name "Stand Your Ground" isn't even the name of a law; it's a nickname. He said that they didn't necessarily use that name in talking about the law. And "Stand Your Ground" is a Florida term and the criminal justice class most likely was not focused on Florida law alone.

I thought GZ said there WERE video cameras but he didn't know if they were working.

What exactly is everyone's problem with GZ being interested in criminal justice and going to school to work toward a career in that field? Why is he, a responsible guy who is married, working, and going to school, being railroaded? Meanwhile TM was a 17 year old thug who had been in trouble and had been suspended from school and his mother was going to make him move out and move in with his dad because he was trouble. He was posting facebook pictures holding up his middle fingers, talking about drugs, and making racial remarks.

And yet GZ is the bad guy. Riiiiight.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:37 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
When Zimmerman appeared in an interview with Sean Hannity, he said he knew nothing about Florida's Stand Your Ground Law. But we've just learned that he "aced" a course on it during testimony today.

Isn't anyone troubled just a bit by all of George's lies? There are "inconsistencies" in every story and then there are lies.

Yes, he seemed relieved, but he also had to know there weren't any surveillance cameras in his community. I don't see how anyone can claim he was the Neighborhood Watch Captain patrolling the area for months, but also act as if he had no clue there were video cameras throughout the community. (because there weren't) That makes no sense to me. I hope someone on the jury is paying attention to all of his lies. It was also too dark that night. All the witnesses said they could hardly see what was going on outside their windows. George had to know he wasn't videotaped. I would imagine that security would be one of the first things discussed during the neighborhood watch presentation.

Edit: I want to add that Zimmerman took courses on police interrogation methods. His father was also a Magistrate Judge in Virginia. It's been a while, but last year I looked up the duties of a Magistrate and he interrogates suspects.
Well said.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:41 PM

72 posts, read 107,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
What exactly is everyone's problem with GZ being interested in criminal justice and going to school to work toward a career in that field? Why is he, a responsible guy who is married, working, and going to school, being railroaded? Meanwhile TM was a 17 year old thug who had been in trouble and had been suspended from school and his mother was going to make him move out and move in with his dad because he was trouble. He was posting facebook pictures holding up his middle fingers, talking about drugs, and making racial remarks.

And yet GZ is the bad guy. Riiiiight.
White guilt.... is the answer that you're looking for.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:29 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,318,816 times
Quote:
If the blacks would stop using what happened many many years ago as a crutch and just admit it is easier for them to blame the whites for their disadvantages than to actually do something about thier lives. Black people are undoubtedly the most predigest people on earth. I am so sick of black people saying the whites did this the whites did that. Oh my god like no black person has never talked about and set out to hurt white people. But its okay when they do because they were wronged years and years ago. You may be profilled because of the the little respect you have for yourselves and display to the world. Get over yourselves quit pointing fingers and take responsibility for your own failures. Also stop teaching your children and grandchildren to hate.
I submit that if you are a white male that you have no basis for claiming black people are not disadvantaged due to racism. You simply are clueless what that experience might involve.

I am white myself, but nothing gives me a bigger laugh than listening to white conservative men sit around and solemnly proclaim that "there isn't any discrimination in America". Wrong group to ask. Wrong group to shed any light on the problem.

Reading this thread about George Zimmerman has really been revealing to me. I started this thread not thinking to much about it. The more I've read the more convinced I've gotten that a huge chunk of this country views every action and reaction through a "racial prism" In the end, their stereotypes and notions are vastly more important to them in determining what happened than the evidence presented at a trial.

It makes me sick.

One last word: Being called a "cracker" is not nearly as pejorative as being called the N word. It has nowhere near the amount of negative connotation.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:05 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,829,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
I submit that if you are a white male that you have no basis for claiming black people are not disadvantaged due to racism. You simply are clueless what that experience might involve.

I am white myself, but nothing gives me a bigger laugh than listening to white conservative men sit around and solemnly proclaim that "there isn't any discrimination in America". Wrong group to ask. Wrong group to shed any light on the problem.

Reading this thread about George Zimmerman has really been revealing to me. I started this thread not thinking to much about it. The more I've read the more convinced I've gotten that a huge chunk of this country views every action and reaction through a "racial prism" In the end, their stereotypes and notions are vastly more important to them in determining what happened than the evidence presented at a trial.

It makes me sick.

One last word: Being called a "cracker" is not nearly as pejorative as being called the N word. It has nowhere near the amount of negative connotation.
What makes me sick are people who come up with BS excuse after excuse for things like "cracker", in which they know darn well that is a derogatory word for white people.

The only racism in this case came out of Martin's mouth.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:09 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,411,614 times
Lightbulb because...

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
If Trayvon grabbed for the gun, why wasn't his fingerprints on the gun? That was mentioned last night. I am sure all you Zimmerbots w/ESP have a plausible explanation
he didn't touch the gun...he grabbed ahold of the holster...
K

Old 07-03-2013, 08:12 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,248,397 times
Smile Just to respond

Nick Cannon was the host of a show regarding the "N" word on CNN this week. Very interesting.

From one who grew up in a family where we were told to withhold our tongue and not say anything if it was not nice to say, I am so saddened by the hatred and the fighting words that exist. Not the way I was raised at all. It just makes me sad.

I can remember as a younger white female working into the wee hours and leaving my employment and having to drive 30 minutes to my home at 3 AM - you'd better believe I had my hand on my pepper spray - if I heard footsteps behind me, I didn't know who they were but I was afraid quite a few times. I didn't know if they were taller, smaller, male, female, white, black - all I knew is there was someone in that parking lot. This was 30 years ago but just around the time "crime" started making the nightly news as a media event.

In a trial like this, we all lose. I feel sorry for all involved.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:41 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
he didn't touch the gun...he grabbed ahold of the holster...
K
Which also had no DNA on it either. He also had no blood (from Zimmerman) on the sleeves of his sweatshirt, but he supposedly had been pressing his hands on his mouth, holding his nose so he couldn't breathe, telling him "You're gonna die tonight" and then magically the man who was a second away from losing consciousness was able to draw his gun and shoot him directly in the heart, killing him with one shot.

Sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post

In a trial like this, we all lose. I feel sorry for all involved.
I agree. It's sad that our country is still so divided.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:54 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,578,485 times
How about Trayvon's phone records just days before his death? It's unclear who he is speaking with but the person says "you a hoodlum", Trayvon corrects them and states "no, I a gangsta".

Old 07-03-2013, 09:40 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,377,352 times
Quote:
Reading this thread about George Zimmerman has really been revealing to me. I
started this thread not thinking to much about it. The more I've read the more
convinced I've gotten that a huge chunk of this country views every action and
reaction through a "racial prism" In the end, their stereotypes and notions are
vastly more important to them in determining what happened than the evidence
presented at a trial.
This is very accurate, on both sides of the fence...either Zimmerman is a racist, or Martin was a gansta thug. No middle ground here.

As always, there are two sides to every story, and the truth lies somewhere in the middle. The only difference here, is that Martin is not alive, to give his version of the story, we can only interpret the events from the evidence. And, from what I have seen so far in this trial, the evidence is pretty slim. A case cannot be made, to convict a person, of murder based on innuendo, and projection.

Last edited by jasper12; 07-04-2013 at 12:17 AM.. Reason: Edit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime