Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2011, 05:19 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,321,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I don't know how many people I am gonna offend by saying this (and I am sorry, but it's kind of one of those painful truths of life), but what makes me suspicious about him is that not many young, rich, built guys go for a 40+ year old mother of 4...ya know? It doesn't make any sense. I mean, I am sure there are exceptions for everything, but it just seems out of character for a man to do that.
I mean, half the reason a lot of guys get rich and built is to get the hot babes. Which she is not.

I mean, really...no offense. If some hot rich guy came after me, I'd be suspicious. I'm only 35, but I'm overworked, tired, not in the best shape of my life, and don't have enough time or gumption to buy matching clothes. It would just seem...suspicious.
WORD!
Even good looking moms with sweet kids who are financially independent should be suspicious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 07:19 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,088,914 times
Tamra needs drugs or eye glasses because her reality is warped She displays all this anger and vitriol towards Simon yet keeps her wedding dress, engraved toasting flutes and candle BTW, I am assuming that it was her wedding from Simon - who really knows which husband it was She was an self centered beeatche when she responded to Fernanda's feelings about her not showing up at her citizenship party. Even if you could not attend, you could have called or sent a gift to express your regret for not attending her special event. Calling her Charo was mean too I think everyone is correct about Eddie. My gaydar is going off Maybe he's buy-sexual like me If you buy me something, I am sexual But I don't think Tamra has any money She spent it all on mace to bring to the Botox Party.

Who stays at work until after midnight on a regular basis if you are not working second shift I loved that her family called her on her never being home. I love it when the whole family is home for dinner. But mom you are never home. What a horrible comment that you say that you would never be at work Put down the A-1 steak sauce and walk away

I never, never, never thought I would say this - but Teresa's children from RHWONJ are Super Models compared to Peggy's children Milwaukee, Memphis, Mississippi (whatever Teresa's child's name is) can strike pose big time compared to Peggy's child Paris, Frankfurt, Stratford on Avon. Oh never mind, I can't remember the name of her children Cairo, Poughkeepsie, Dallas, oh never mind - I can't remember the name of that child BTW, I change my oil every 5K miles, that's a lot of new boobage for OC ladies if they change them out according to Peggy. Hmmm....maybe I can offer a business of express oil change and boobage

Gretchen is a bad undercover agent. Couldn't you be waiting nearby your mom's house if you are going to go on a secret mission that way you can avoid missing your small window of opportunity

Jesus must love Botox <Body Shot!>

Old 04-04-2011, 07:33 AM

2,385 posts, read 4,334,456 times
I'm not judging Peggy on buying boobs alone, but I AM going to judge her for being a total idiot. She's against taking prescription meds but not against stuffing unnecessary foreign objects into her body. Did she ever stop to think that all the fake crap she puts in her body may be chemically contributing to her depression?

Old 04-04-2011, 08:30 AM

1,189 posts, read 1,757,864 times
I like how Vicki (ICKY) said that she works so late because her kids aren't there and she has no other reason to be home. Um HELLO??? What about Don, your husband? I cherish every minute with my husband because we work seperate shifts. She is a very selfish, self-centered woman and I am glad Don can be rid of her. She obviously thinks nothing of him and would rather be off on a weekend with Tamra than spending time with Don. So sad. She needs to get her priorities together and stop thinking that work is the most important thing in her life, and start realizing how much she has actually lost because of working so much. I am glad her family called her out on working too much too, but it will not make any difference to her since she thinks everything she does is perfect and that she is always right. She doesn't realize that her family has no respect for her whatsoever. She needs to take her blinders off. I truly cannot stand that woman.

Peggy...I do like her, but why everyone is blaming her post partum depression on her reaction to her daughter's injury is beyond me. She was truly concerned about her. Did she overreact? Yes, but that has nothing to do with her PPD. I had PPD for 2 years after my first son, and seriously I would never have reacted that way to him being hurt. I was very passive about everything concerning him. I took good care of him and went through the motions like I was supposed to, but I certainly didn't have it in me to be that concerned about a cut or injury. I think she is a good mom and I like that they do not have nannies and they are involved with their kids lives. I thought it was great that they went away together as a family, just the four of them. Micah seems like a good guy so far. As far as her plastic surgery, that could also be a symptom of PPD. She could have very low self-esteem and she could have chosen the surgery to make her feel better about herself. I know she got the breast augmentation in 1990 she said, but the rest? Hmmm... I don't think she was the holistic person she is now when she got the first one either. That seemed to to come into play with her MIL. But no matter, I still think she seems the mst down to earth and normal. I like her.

Last edited by Flamingomo; 04-04-2011 at 08:39 AM..

Old 04-04-2011, 08:35 AM

The sad thing about Vicki is that she's so frightened she's going to end up alone that she tries to control the actions of those she cares about, but she's so controlling that she ends up pushing them away.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:58 AM

2,340 posts, read 4,631,920 times
George, the engraved glasses very clearly said Tamara and Simon. Prehaps you need glasses, yourself?

Second, I don't seee anything wrong with feeling sentimental about your wedding momentos. She married him, she obviously loved him. People do it all the time. It is called grieving the death of the hopes and dreams associated with that relationship.

Geesh

And despite what people are posting, Tamara is an attractive woman. I can admit it. I would hate to see what most of us would look like on TV. Probably a lot more Gina's online than Tamaras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Tamra needs drugs or eye glasses because her reality is warped She displays all this anger and vitriol towards Simon yet keeps her wedding dress, engraved toasting flutes and candle BTW, I am assuming that it was her wedding from Simon - who really knows which husband it was She was an self centered beeatche when she responded to Fernanda's feelings about her not showing up at her citizenship party. Even if you could not attend, you could have called or sent a gift to express your regret for not attending her special event. Calling her Charo was mean too I think everyone is correct about Eddie. My gaydar is going off Maybe he's buy-sexual like me If you buy me something, I am sexual But I don't think Tamra has any money She spent it all on mace to bring to the Botox Party.

Who stays at work until after midnight on a regular basis if you are not working second shift I loved that her family called her on her never being home. I love it when the whole family is home for dinner. But mom you are never home. What a horrible comment that you say that you would never be at work Put down the A-1 steak sauce and walk away

I never, never, never thought I would say this - but Teresa's children from RHWONJ are Super Models compared to Peggy's children Milwaukee, Memphis, Mississippi (whatever Teresa's child's name is) can strike pose big time compared to Peggy's child Paris, Frankfurt, Stratford on Avon. Oh never mind, I can't remember the name of her children Cairo, Poughkeepsie, Dallas, oh never mind - I can't remember the name of that child BTW, I change my oil every 5K miles, that's a lot of new boobage for OC ladies if they change them out according to Peggy. Hmmm....maybe I can offer a business of express oil change and boobage

Gretchen is a bad undercover agent. Couldn't you be waiting nearby your mom's house if you are going to go on a secret mission that way you can avoid missing your small window of opportunity

Old 04-04-2011, 09:08 AM

lol I've never seen anyone defend Tamra.

I have a general rule. Any lady 40 or over that's a Size 6 or under is a bona fide NUTJOB. To keep the weight off to that extent at that age, you HAVE to be really insecure and obsessed with your looks, usually to the exclusion of any real personal and emotional growth.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:54 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Quote:
Maybe he's buy-sexual like me If you buy me something, I am sexual
A couple of the best lines in City-Data history.

Quote:
Hmmm....maybe I can offer a business of express oil change and boobage
I own an auto repair business. We certainly could use a boost in business. Any plastic surgeons in the house?

Quote:
God, your post was far more entertaining than this last episode which has to go down in Housewives' history as one of the most boring, even if we include the DC and Miami episodes. Well, maybe not Miami.

<Body shot!>

Old 04-04-2011, 11:01 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,513,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I don't know how many people I am gonna offend by saying this (and I am sorry, but it's kind of one of those painful truths of life), but what makes me suspicious about him is that not many young, rich, built guys go for a 40+ year old mother of 4...ya know? It doesn't make any sense. I mean, I am sure there are exceptions for everything, but it just seems out of character for a man to do that.
I mean, half the reason a lot of guys get rich and built is to get the hot babes. Which she is not.

I mean, really...no offense. If some hot rich guy came after me, I'd be suspicious. I'm only 35, but I'm overworked, tired, not in the best shape of my life, and don't have enough time or gumption to buy matching clothes. It would just seem...suspicious.
It's called 15 minutes of fame & some will do anything to get it.

Look at Slade.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:04 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,513,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
this last episode which has to go down in Housewives' history as one of the most boring, even if we include the DC and Miami episodes. Well, maybe not Miami.
I keep tuning in to see if there can be any storyline, even ones painfully designed by Bravo.
B.o.r.i.n.g.
All of them.

As silly as it seems, we watch for entertainment value. These ladies literally put me to sleep.

I feel for Tamra's kids minus Ryan. What a mess she is creating for them & how unfair it is b/c they are very defenseless in this situation as their mom goes on tv & makes a complete a$$ of herself week after week.

And what the heck was up w/ Gretchen giving her mom diamonds from some guy she divorced? "Look Mom! Remember that marriage I was in a few years ago? Well, I took the diamonds & made you a ring! Aren't you excited that every time you look at that ring, it can remind you of my divorce!!" Weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV