Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2013, 07:14 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,728,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
The little girl who plays Snow as a child is an amazing. I am not usually impressed by child actors but she is really good. And every time I see her I am impressed by the resemblance to the adult Snow.

Sorry to see Johanna killed off.
That's Bailee Madison and she is PHO-nomenal! The first time I saw her was 3-4 years ago watching Merry Christmas Drake & Josh with my daughter. She played a young foster child and even there she was amazing at only 8 or 9.

Bailee Madison - IMDb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 02:21 AM

4,062 posts, read 5,646,222 times
A little disorienting...episodes with quick time shifts, back and forth. I think they should find a way to transition better from curent time to way back.and back the other way. Lana, as usual excelling in the whole display of evil/loneliness and also showing some vulnerability for a short time. Regina with Owen and his father got pretty creepy and sick. No wonder he came back...looking for his father...and a reason for it all. Maybe the father's locked away where Bellle used to be! And Snow White...why so guilty feeling. Cora was a monsterer, a mass murderer, Snow should get a medal. Offerering herself as a sacrifice to Regina ignores the good that her act did! And why was her heart turning black? When Cora's didn't look black at all even though she was even grossly evil incarnate! No, Snow White did what she HAD to do! Something wrong here!

Last edited by Lee W.; 03-18-2013 at 02:29 AM..

Old 03-18-2013, 06:53 AM

7,368 posts, read 5,483,693 times
And don't forget that Cora killed Snow's Mother with poison. It will be interesting to see what happens if the world finds out about Storybrooke because of Owen's tape and eye witness accounts. Unless Regina puts up that magic force field wall again.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:49 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,038,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
A little disorienting...episodes with quick time shifts, back and forth. I think they should find a way to transition better from curent time to way back.and back the other way. Lana, as usual excelling in the whole display of evil/loneliness and also showing some vulnerability for a short time. Regina with Owen and his father got pretty creepy and sick. No wonder he came back...looking for his father...and a reason for it all. Maybe the father's locked away where Bellle used to be! And Snow White...why so guilty feeling. Cora was a monsterer, a mass murderer, Snow should get a medal. Offerering herself as a sacrifice to Regina ignores the good that her act did! And why was her heart turning black? When Cora's didn't look black at all even though she was even grossly evil incarnate! No, Snow White did what she HAD to do! Something wrong here!
I know what you mean about the quick time shifts. For about 10 minutes I thought they were doing some kind of Ground Hog type episode. It was confusing! For me, the episode was one of the better I've seen in a while despite the confusion in the beginning. I always thought Lost was pretty good with their transitions.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:48 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times
I really enjoyed the episode. I sometimes have problems following the time transitions but I didn't for this one. It was interesting to see how it all began in 1983. I noticed that you had to pay really close attention like when at one point they jumped back in time and I almost missed the really quick flash on the bench that had and advertisement that had 1983 written on it. Otherwise I wouldn't have known where they were for awhile.

So know we know why the stranger is so interested in Storybrooke and it isn't just curiosity. I wonder what happened to Owen's dad? Is he a prisoner somewhere in the town? I hope we get to see him again. I got to see the actor, John Pyper-Ferguson in a one man show in LA some years ago and I am a fan.

I wonder if Snow will get the black spot erased from her heart. I guess when your heart is supposed to be pure, an evil deed will show up like that. But can she redeem herself? Maybe if Cora really isn't dead it won't count.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:44 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,646,222 times
Snow just needs to get back to her old self, FTL Snow. She wasn't as afraid to fight her enemies even if some had to die then. I like the old Snow better. That's why I'm not calling her Mary Margaret. I also hope that Cora is dead as a doornail. I want the story of how baby Henry came to be adopted by Regina soon. Something about it just doesn't make sense to me and I need to know how it happened. I also want to know what Owen is going to do to find out about his father. If he doesn't find him, is he going to use the videos he took as leverage against Regina? Poor guy...in effect, he was orphaned by Regina, mother was already dead and then she took his father from him. Wonder who raised the poor kid?

Old 03-20-2013, 05:39 AM

1,842 posts, read 1,766,917 times
Regina pretty much said it all. once there's darkness in your heart it will continue to grow. Unless Rumple knows something Regina doesn't Snow could possibly turn evil. Whether she will or not I don't know. Just a guess on my part. Now that she knows there's darkness in her heart will she tell anybody? Something tells me she's going to keep it a secret

Old 03-20-2013, 07:26 AM

1,075 posts, read 1,772,771 times
It's pretty annoying for the show to suggest that because Snow helped bring down Cora, who has the blood of untold numbers on her hands, that this somehow puts Snow on the fast train to the dark side.

They had been doing a pretty good job of showing that the princesses don't have to just sit around and wait for their prince charming (generic term) to save the day. I doubt if Charming had somehow managed to chop Cora's head off with his sword he would be lying in bed moping about how bad he was.

Yeah, she used deceit to trick Regina. And she used "dark magic". But Cora had it coming, and Snow used the tools that were available to her. Would it have been better for Cora to become the Dark One?

Old 03-20-2013, 09:40 AM

2,095 posts, read 3,103,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8n View Post
It's pretty annoying for the show to suggest that because Snow helped bring down Cora, who has the blood of untold numbers on her hands, that this somehow puts Snow on the fast train to the dark side.

They had been doing a pretty good job of showing that the princesses don't have to just sit around and wait for their prince charming (generic term) to save the day. I doubt if Charming had somehow managed to chop Cora's head off with his sword he would be lying in bed moping about how bad he was.

Yeah, she used deceit to trick Regina. And she used "dark magic". But Cora had it coming, and Snow used the tools that were available to her. Would it have been better for Cora to become the Dark One?
I'm hoping that the whole "dark spot" is just another mind game from Regina to drive Snow mad. Perhaps Regina believes that if Snow thinks her heart is blackening already, she won't stop herself as easily the next time a tough choice comes up. Remember, Regina has magic too--she could have easily made that black spot appear so that she could show it to Snow and prey on Snow's guilt.

As for the moping thing, I think that the thing is, Snow is supposed to be above all that whereas Charming is not. She's supposed to be good incarnate. She feels guilty, and now Regina is going to take advantage of that.

On another note, something that I find weird about the whole concept of Storybrooke is the fact that, as far as I understand, no one went in or out for three decades until Emma showed up. Meanwhile, they had cell phones and all sorts of technology. How does that work? How do they get clothes? Did they have a textile mill in town that makes fashionable clothes? Do they have a Mercedes plant in town so that Regina can get her new cars? (I think she was driving a Mercedes, or another high end car at least). The writers seem to ignore the fact that their little corner of the world was not untouched by the rest of the world; otherwise, they wouldn't have these amenities. Even in the 1980s, globalization was starting to take hold and very few towns were able to remain self-contained. I can accept that many things could have been made in town: vegetables and grains could be grown there, meat could be raised there, etc. But Storybrooke seems like a fairly modernized town. Yet another example of television writers not thinking things through, I guess.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:51 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post
I'm hoping that the whole "dark spot" is just another mind game from Regina to drive Snow mad. Perhaps Regina believes that if Snow thinks her heart is blackening already, she won't stop herself as easily the next time a tough choice comes up. Remember, Regina has magic too--she could have easily made that black spot appear so that she could show it to Snow and prey on Snow's guilt.

As for the moping thing, I think that the thing is, Snow is supposed to be above all that whereas Charming is not. She's supposed to be good incarnate. She feels guilty, and now Regina is going to take advantage of that.

On another note, something that I find weird about the whole concept of Storybrooke is the fact that, as far as I understand, no one went in or out for three decades until Emma showed up. Meanwhile, they had cell phones and all sorts of technology. How does that work? How do they get clothes? Did they have a textile mill in town that makes fashionable clothes? Do they have a Mercedes plant in town so that Regina can get her new cars? (I think she was driving a Mercedes, or another high end car at least). The writers seem to ignore the fact that their little corner of the world was not untouched by the rest of the world; otherwise, they wouldn't have these amenities. Even in the 1980s, globalization was starting to take hold and very few towns were able to remain self-contained. I can accept that many things could have been made in town: vegetables and grains could be grown there, meat could be raised there, etc. But Storybrooke seems like a fairly modernized town. Yet another example of television writers not thinking things through, I guess.
Storybrooke is magic. When they appeared in our dimension, it was by magic. And the magic gave them the false reality of our dimension. That false reality was maintained by magic. Which is why they don't age, and they don't find that unusual. They weren't transformed into regular people, a spell was cast that made them oblivious to magic. So Regina could perform magic, and they wouldn't question it. They are oblivious. They don't have cell phones and all sorts of technology. They have the false reality of cell phones and all sorts of technology. They have the reality of the dimension they are in, but it's maintained by magic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV