Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2012, 11:48 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,162,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
This comment bring up a major pet peeve of mine. Why does a singer have to do anything other than sing to be a great artist???? In the past they never had to at all. Personally I dislike performers who look like they have eaten 5 pounds of jumping beans before they go prancing around the stage. I really dislike all this, whatever it is, Dancing??????? that seems to be the only way some people can be entertained these days. If I want to see that kind of thing I can go to the ballet and believe me, they are way better at it than these faux performers waving their arms and butts around, jumping up and down and greatly reminding me of a bad high school troup from the drama dept. It's bring and it gets old really fast.

I can remember sitting in a cafe and listening to Neil Young sing for about two hours. He sat on a stool the whole freakin time and no one complained, he was BLAH.
Have you ever seen Eric Clapton running around, jumping all over and whatnot?
It must be the veido game mentality. If there is not extrame action and flashing lights then it can not hold the "Listeners" attention.

It makes me tired just watching most of the jumping beans and I don't find it entertaining in the least unless they are the best of the best of the best at it and there may be just a couple of them in the entire world.
Well it isn't a singing contest , it's an "entertainer who'll make money" contest.

Yes, maybe Neil Young didn't need to jump around because he's so good and has a personality that shows in a simple performance.

And Jessica doesn't have to jump around but she does have to entertain and her total and complete lack of personality makes her performances boring. And she is NOT very physically attractive so she doesn't even have that to fall back on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2012, 12:41 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,259,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Well it isn't a singing contest , it's an "entertainer who'll make money" contest.

Yes, maybe Neil Young didn't need to jump around because he's so good and has a personality that shows in a simple performance.

And Jessica doesn't have to jump around but she does have to entertain and her total and complete lack of personality makes her performances boring. And she is NOT very physically attractive so she doesn't even have that to fall back on.
I beg to differ. She's only 16, WAAAYYY too young for me, but I think she's a very pretty girl and will become even prettier as she gets older and matures. With that said, I find it funny how some people are so focused on her physical looks, most of which I've seen about how she's so slim. She has a hell of a voice, and she can change her personality on stage with training and maturity, but I don't get the comments people have made about her "not having a body". First off, who cares, and secondly, since when is skinniness unattractive?

Old 04-28-2012, 03:50 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,545,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Thanks, Sunny. I was never a fan of Johnny's but I recognize his talent. I'd sure like to know what it was about him that the judges didnt like.
The judges loved him, they had noting but praise, many on here thought he was booted over the hot tub and Im sure AI set it up like to create there weekly drama.

Johnny pianist, Tim Aikers is good friends with Randy and he just texted this

Old 04-28-2012, 05:39 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,548,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

Beauty is culturally defined. I think Jessica is beautiful. And I don't think she needs to jump around to entertain me. And I love her personality. How can you tell she has a total and complete lack of personality based on a few short moments on tv?

Old 04-28-2012, 05:52 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,451,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Beauty is culturally defined. I think Jessica is beautiful. And I don't think she needs to jump around to entertain me. And I love her personality. How can you tell she has a total and complete lack of personality based on a few short moments on tv?

I agree that Jessica is very pretty, even beautiful.

Personality, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. Just because someone is shy and studious (which I think Jessica may be) doesnt mean that person cant be charming and entertaining. Given some time, I think Jessica could mature into a thrilling performer.

Heejun Han adored Jessica and, like him or not, you have to agree that he has a very entertaining personality. I doubt he'd have been so captivated by her if she didnt make him laugh.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:25 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,575,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I agree with you redbird! For a 16 y/o, Jessica carries herself with such a poise that I find appealing, (aside from having powerful vocals) sorely lacking in most young girls nowadays. Wish I exuded that kind of humble dignity when I was her age.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:31 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,388,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Passionate, talented, and driven and now becoming successful former Florida native Johnny Keyser shares a video day in life and gratitude as he prepares for his upcoming album.

He thanks Ken, Nigel, Randy, Jlo, and Steven. Two things the judges mention when audition for AI was he was going to be a star and keep singing. He says he doesnt know about being a star but he will keep singing.

Johnny Keyser | Thank You Message | EP Training Day in the Life | April 26, 2012 - YouTube!
thanks for that Sunny. He definitely has it together. Is that our Melinda Doolittle in his video from an earlier American Idol? It sure looks like her! He seems to have some interesting friends.

I'm from Hawaii - I think Jessica is beautiful. She is a very humble, shy, and talented teenager. I've enjoyed the whole lineup. I think everyone on right now has a future in music if they choose to. And I don't envy any of them the wild ride that will be no matter who wins. It's a tough world to live in, especially the Hollyweird expectations and lifestyle.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:27 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,586,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
I agree with you redbird! For a 16 y/o, Jessica carries herself with such a poise that I find appealing, (aside from having powerful vocals) sorely lacking in most young girls nowadays. Wish I exuded that kind of humble dignity when I was her age.
Well, I find it rather refreshing that a singer can just stand there and sing without her boobs hanging out, without trying to deflect from the fact she lacks talent by flaunting sexuality like so many of the Divas today seem to think is absolutely required. JLO being one of them for sure!!!

Old 04-28-2012, 09:49 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,545,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
thanks for that Sunny. He definitely has it together. Is that our Melinda Doolittle in his video from an earlier American Idol? It sure looks like her! He seems to have some interesting friends.

I'm from Hawaii - I think Jessica is beautiful. She is a very humble, shy, and talented teenager. I've enjoyed the whole lineup. I think everyone on right now has a future in music if they choose to. And I don't envy any of them the wild ride that will be no matter who wins. It's a tough world to live in, especially the Hollyweird expectations and lifestyle.
Yeah Melinda Do Little, Im wondering if this a vocal training center since she was there.

I always thought Nashville was a place for country singers. Watching Johhny progression maybe it a place to go for music hope of all genres. Hollywood music of the East.

I remember reading Chelsea Sorrell and Baylee Brown where flying out to meet each other in Nashville.
I wish both of them didnt make top 24 so they could try for AI next year or AI relax it stupid rule on that while this show still on the air.

I also admire how well & healthy Johnny living.

Old 04-28-2012, 11:31 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,751,445 times
Hollie is going the same direction as Haley Reinhart. Last year, Haley went to the chopping block twice and did great a few performances, and went to the chopping block twice. After that, Haley was safe until she made the top 3. Hollie went to the stools o' shame twice and did great for awhile. She then went to the chopping block twice again. If Hollie follows the path from Haley, she'll end up in the top 3. Hollie doesn't have the same voice as Haley but she's following in her footsteps. I read online that people bee-otch about Haley not winning, and it should of been her instead of Lauren or Scotty. (My wife, Skylar is way better than Lauren or Scotty).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV