Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2012, 02:50 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,545,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
Everyone has their preferences in terms of singers and music genre for sure. I'm not a country fan, but can appreciate the powerful voice and entertainment abilities of Skylar.

As for Jessica? An amazing voice, and a very strong ability to get up to speed on the audience and deep feelings within a song. Aside from people that devote too much time to the judges, IMO, I feel they are as far removed from what motivates people to buy music as the rest of the industry.

Nobody cares how cute Phillip is when buying music. They will probably notice that 95% of his songs sound the same, lack melody, and maybe buy 2-5 singles.

Joshua and Jessica are the cream of the crop for the last several years of Idol. My own opinion, but so far, the ones that people raved about aren't selling squat. I groaned when Dewyze won, and even more when Chris Allen won. If P2 wins? He'll very quickly be lost and forgotten.
Hey being cute helps. He really not all that though. I really just enjoy Phillip voice and style of music he plays its distinctive . Its perfect travel music or at a blues club, Which is bad reason for me not wanting him to win because I rather see him in a small venue than a coliseum.

And it Kris Allen who is adorable cute, his music is great singing in shower or outside bbqing. Live Like Your Dying has alot of meaning of place I was in my life when it was release. The whole CD is good except the song 'Red Guitar' because it weird that is all that song is about.
I have on order a signed CD of his latest it will arrive in a week.

Then there season 11 Johnny Keyser, he is a fox and has incredible voice and would have blown these 3 away if he was still in, I will get his personally signed acoustic CD & artwork on 31st.

I would never own Joshua even though he gives all but gospel james brown isnt my cup of tea.

Jessica seems more like soundtrack to animation movie. She may have a great voice but if she wins then this show I am done because what is point in voting if it judges- producers decided who they want to save & win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 02:56 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,618,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post
I will by purchasing P2 CD once it's out! Can't wait
It might be awhile, they will have to find 12 songs he could sing good.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:07 PM

748 posts, read 1,376,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
It might be awhile, they will have to find 12 songs he could sing good.

Its all a matter of taste and I happen to think P2 is great! Im hoping he wins.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:26 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,818,463 times
For a semi-final, I was rather disappointed in last night's show. I thought they'd all really bring it each time they were up on the stage. I only liked one of P2's songs (the last one where he actually sang the melody) and really only one of Jessica's (I liked her on the Michael Jackson song). Joshua did a great job with all three of his, though I expected him to do even better with the last one than he actually did.

I'm guessing Jessica might be the one leaving tonight as P2 seems to be popular (though God only knows why besides being cute), and although a lot of people hate it and think Joshua screams too much, there is not one person who can deny his talent, showmanship and the way he always digs down deep and connects with the song then also connects with his audience. He really leaves it all out on the stage each and every time, and I have come to absolutely love him. Go Josh!

Old 05-17-2012, 03:36 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,399,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Hey being cute helps. He really not all that though. I really just enjoy Phillip voice and style of music he plays its distinctive . Its perfect travel music or at a blues club, Which is bad reason for me not wanting him to win because I rather see him in a small venue than a coliseum.

And it Kris Allen who is adorable cute, his music is great singing in shower or outside bbqing. Live Like Your Dying has alot of meaning of place I was in my life when it was release. The whole CD is good except the song 'Red Guitar' because it weird that is all that song is about.

Then there season 11 Johnny Keyser, he is a fox and has incredible voice and would have blown these 3 away if he was still in, I will get his personally signed acoustic CD & artwork on 31st.

I would never own Joshua even though he gives all but gospel james brown isnt my cup of tea.

Jessica seems more like soundtrack to animation movie. She may have a great voice but if she wins then this show I am done because what is point in voting if it judges- producers decided who they want to save & win.

Voting Jessica out was perhaps the worst offense ever on Idol, No, make that THE worst.

Hey, I like Phillip and all, but he's just not a great singer. Heck, at times, he's not even a decent singer. He did a song last night I really liked. One I didn't. yes, he is different, until he does the very same thing 110 times in a row. Limited demand for that.

I liked Johnny Keyser as well. Better than P2 for sure. Not yet ready to be in the same league as the others. An old friend I went to HS is a better singer than him, word to the wise. Let's not forget one thing. There are literally millions of people out there that can sing. Maybe just one song, maybe a few. But there are far, far fewer with the talent and sound required to make a room stand still. Even fewer that people could stand to listen to an entire album. Everyone's ears and tastes are different, which is why so many different music choices are out there. But Idol is supposed to be about greatness, at least who is the best Within their group of contestants.

Year after year, giggly girls choose some half-baked artist whose sales turn out to be dismal. Many former Idols voted out do much better than the winners do.

In the past few years, we've seen a lot of good entertainers, and some good singers, a few are great at one or the other. Joshua and Jessica are on the very short list.

People I expect to break out at some point (which does take time).

Haley Reinhart
Adam Lambert
Krystal Bowersox

Good site to track their numbers

American Idol alumni album sales - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-17-2012, 03:38 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,259,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotogGal View Post
Jessica's (I liked her on the Michael Jackson song).
I liked Jessica's performance of the Michael Jackson song as well, but please J-Lo, never ever ever ever again say she sounded like Michael Jackson on parts of that song. Give me a break. Next to her saying that Joshua was one of the best singers she's heard in the past 40 years or whatever she said, let's not jump the gun and crown one of these people as even remotely sounding like Michael Jackson.

I like Jessica, but the judges need to stop riding these kids and over hyping them because they can't separate themselves from the excitement of NOW to what reality actually is.

Sorry, small rant, but when J-Lo said that I was like "Really!? Are you kidding me?!"

Old 05-17-2012, 03:43 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,221,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Spoiler
Hey being cute helps. He really not all that though. I really just enjoy Phillip voice and style of music he plays its distinctive .
Its perfect travel music or at a blues club, Which is bad reason for me not wanting him to win because I rather see him in a small venue than a coliseum.
Spoiler

Jessica seems more like soundtrack to animation movie. She may have a great voice but if she wins then this show I am done because what is point in voting if it judges- producers decided who they want to save & win
Last night, reading through the comments I realized just that. Phillip is going to be a good blues singer.

I have DirecTV, so when my TV is not blaring news or other programming it sits on the dTV blues station. It pumps right into my amp so I can turn the TV off and just let the blues rip all day, or night.

Phillips will be a good change up.

Old 05-17-2012, 04:01 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,751,445 times
I'm glad I live on the west coast. I can just hop onto the internet to check who got eliminated. That way, I wouldn't have to suffer through those advertisements, bad performances, and Jimmy's commentary. Worst of all, the corny ford videos. I appreciate Jimmy's commentary but it would be better to have him as a judge to condense the time.

Old 05-17-2012, 05:01 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,875,336 times
I think the camera loves Philip. He has a great face (eyes, nose, mouth, smile). I think he would do well acting. I wonder if he has any talent in that area.

Old 05-17-2012, 05:17 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,221,111 times
Quote:
I liked Johnny Keyser as well. Better than P2 for sure. Not yet ready to be in the same league as the others.
A great example of everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It might help though to recognize that none of them, really, are in any league. They're just in a contest for an opportunity to get sponsorship to help them improve and progress. Then the public really gets to vote... with their bucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV