Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2012, 07:48 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,825,040 times

Advertisements

My favorite Joshua is gone but I think it would be a nice tribute to Donna Summer if Jessica sang a Donna Summer song next week. She has the voice to pull it off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2012, 04:21 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,326,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
I think it would be a nice tribute to Donna Summer if Jessica sang a Donna Summer song next week. She has the voice to pull it off.
That's what I was thinking too!

Old 05-20-2012, 04:36 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,602,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Apparently P2's illness has affected his ability to sing. I wonder how much different he'll sound after the surgery:

According to Us magazine, the ailment has affected Phillips' ability to sing and he has undergone five kidney stone removal procedures since October 2011.
My impression is that it affects his ability to sing because of the pain. Once he has surgery his ability to sing should be unimpeded. I don't imagine we'll notice much difference at all in the quality of his voice (and I don't mean that as a dig.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
My favorite Joshua is gone but I think it would be a nice tribute to Donna Summer if Jessica sang a Donna Summer song next week. She has the voice to pull it off.
That's a terrific idea!

Old 05-20-2012, 06:23 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,875,336 times
Watch Philips audition video when he did, "Thriller". He looked fresher, healthier and sounded better. Poor kid has gone through hell with those stones.

Old 05-20-2012, 10:10 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,540,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
Watch Philips audition video when he did, "Thriller". He looked fresher, healthier and sounded better. Poor kid has gone through hell with those stones.
He looks like he's in pain when he's singing.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:45 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,751,445 times
P2's career will suffer because of kidney stones. Jess will have a far better career.

By the way, American Idol is on tonight. Remember to vote for Jessica because we don't want another white guy with guitar to win.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:38 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,545,693 times
P2 career will not suffer he has been delaying surgery due to the pressing schedule AI brings. Once this is over he will have the surgery. Alot of men have kidney stones daily my partner one of them and able to maintain productive life.
I really feel this forum do not understand anything about kidney stones but it is not fun thing to go through, Imagine a bristle like pebble trying to exit your pee through your urinary track and some of them are large in bunches that is what it is like.

Jessica can sing her style of music whatever that is because I dont know what makes her different or special in comparison to other pop artists out there.

However I feel if she wins then this voting is a sham just to get interest in this show.
Reason I feel that way is because the judges who speak for producer overly praise her from the get go.
Then they used the save on her on her supposedly low votes but that could also have been done to create buzz on the show.

On a different note, if any of you liked Haley Reinhart from last season her album debuts today.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:47 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,602,294 times
Sunny, I agree that P2 won't be held back by kidney stones. Your description is reminding me of a surgeon I used to work with - he was a real character and pill sometimes. I remember him walking from his office to the hall bathroom, wearing clean scrubs, pushing his IV pole, and carrying a little tea strainer. Then you'd hear him moaning in pain when he peed...and eventually he'd emerge again, pushing the IV pole and carrying a now drippy tea strainer with sand and other crap that came out of his urethra. Totally gross!

I liked Haley a lot but doubt I'll get her album. I'm not a voter or buyer!

Don't forget the show's on tonight - special night.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:20 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,260,383 times
toosie, whether true or not, I read that voters usually do not buy because they are looking at AI as more of a personality contest. AI really needs to eliminate power voting.
Adam's new album, "Trespassing" is different from FYE. "Outlaws of Love" is my favorite so far. Some of the dance tunes are good. Haley's, "Listen Up", is on my list to purchase. Crystal's sophomore album is coming out next week or the week after. My husband watched AI with me last week, and he thought the only person interesting to watch was Phillip. I stopped after Elise was eliminated, but hope P2 wins.
Sunny, I agree Jessica does not stand out in the crowd of pop singers.
Fun fact: Do you remember Randy shortening Phillip's name to Phil a couple weeks ago. When I was checking out P2's bio, I found out there's another Phil Phillips. He was a one hit wonder with "Sea of Love." I remember that one.

I hope they have some decent talent on the finale tomorrow night. Unfortunately, Rihanna is scheduled to perform.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:53 PM

25,850 posts, read 16,547,069 times
P2 just sang his song. It's not bad, but get a grip Randy. It's not that good. I think Jaylo must have rubbed off on him because he's lost his mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV