Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2012, 08:47 PM

25,858 posts, read 16,565,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Would love a finale between Josh and Jessica, with Jessica winning.

Both Colton and Phillip will do go regardless of where they land in the competition, so I'm willing to sacrifice them.
Completely agree with you I think they are the best talent in the competition. My wife really likes Elise and thinks she may win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 09:03 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,601,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Would love a finale between Josh and Jessica, with Jessica winning.
This is one rumor I've heard speculated about, that the producers are shooting for - that in order to get the win for Jessica - they need her to pair with Josh. And you can see how the judges and Jimmy are gunning for Josh and Jess, not that they don't deserve it based on the totality of their performances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
I sound negative tonight, my bad. But my thoughts:

Ok, I’ll start off with my wife Hollie of course, like a good future husband would do. Call me biased, but I thought she did a really good job tonight and I, for the first time, felt the judges were a little too harsh on her. She wasn’t perfect, but I think she sang the song really well. If you’re going to criticize her, don’t just say “well, it’s not about being perfect like the song said” and leave it at that. Give her something constructive. The judges kind of suck at judging sometimes. She has a strong voice and I thought she did well. I knew as soon as J.Lo said “you look great tonight” that is was going to be bad comments. She wasn’t perfect, could have used more emotion with the song, but I thought she sang it very good.
I'm afraid that the j i g may be up for dear little HolliePOP. Steven may have trouble sleeping tonight throwing Hollie under the bus like that but I will agree her time is near. I remember how they always said Carrie Underwood wasn't connected so whatever, but I also have to agree she just isn't feeling the music and letting go enough. She may have been used a bit (seeing how she didn't make it through last year) to string things along.

On the flip side they could save her of which I'm doubtful (have heard talk that the show is short a week, so they will either use a save or have a non elimination night) or with sympathy could get the public to vote her through. Not to worry I've seen her compared to Petulia Clark and Dusty Springfield of old, so I'm sure she will mature into something with that voice, even if it's dubbing for Disney

Pretty good show tonight! Steven telling Skyler and Colton they were making luv anyhow was cute I liked the guest mentor with Jimmy. Seems like a cool guy. I like all the potential idols left in the game, so it's really getting down to the wire and it will be interesting to see who are in the bottom three.

Looking forward to Durbin and Hudson tomorrow.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:31 AM

3,110 posts, read 5,391,686 times
I enjoyed the show tonight. I thought everyone sounded good, though I have to scratch my head at some of the song choices. Some did a little better than others. But we really do have a good group this year. I liked the duets as well. Again, listening from the other room changes how they sound to me, even just playing their performances back without watching gives a different perspective. You aren't distracted by all the staging.

OK kids, can we talk fashion for a second? Some of Hilfiger's advice and clothes were just wrong for these hapless contestants. And now is he dressing the judges???
What was Randy wearing tonight? Anybody? Not disparaging cross dressers, but didn't he have his aunty's church jacket on? And short pants? And white shoes? Seriously, he needed to be wearing pumps with that outfit. Hollywood just gets weirder by the day. Who dresses these people? I expect a long flowy thing from our boy Steven. But Randy... DUDE! And the earrings just make him look goofy. Pop a lady's wig on him and you have an Eddie Murphy movie character.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:24 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,568,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
I enjoyed the show tonight. I thought everyone sounded good, though I have to scratch my head at some of the song choices. Some did a little better than others. But we really do have a good group this year. I liked the duets as well. Again, listening from the other room changes how they sound to me, even just playing their performances back without watching gives a different perspective. You aren't distracted by all the staging.

OK kids, can we talk fashion for a second? Some of Hilfiger's advice and clothes were just wrong for these hapless contestants. And now is he dressing the judges???
What was Randy wearing tonight? Anybody? Not disparaging cross dressers, but didn't he have his aunty's church jacket on? And short pants? And white shoes? Seriously, he needed to be wearing pumps with that outfit. Hollywood just gets weirder by the day. Who dresses these people? I expect a long flowy thing from our boy Steven. But Randy... DUDE! And the earrings just make him look goofy. Pop a lady's wig on him and you have an Eddie Murphy movie character.
Randy in 80 thinks dressing in 80's looks cool, he look like someone from the movie 'The Wedding Singer'.
J-lo looks like she was wrapped in duct tape. Steven is only one who stay consistent to Tyler style.

I like the duets, but the trio there was no harmony between there voices when they sung all together. During the solos I thought Hollie had the stronger voice over Jessica.
I do like how they are doing the duets this year over group singing. It probably is easier on contestants preparing too.
I also like how the camera person is keeping focus on contestants instead of panning audience all the time like they have done in prior seasons.

I like about everyone performance and could see at least 5 of them getting record contracts. My partner didnt like it when he peak on my cell phone to see I was voting for Elise. He cant stand her weeks ago.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:45 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,601,281 times
LOL on Randy's attire and the flower and fighting with Steven over Coltons jacket...Hello Randy like you're gonna have to ask for an XXL custom order on that puppy!
I thought Jennifers hair looked nice and liked her leather dress and while she was actually judging last night they could use some duct tape to cover her mouth when she gushes with her lollipop and sunshine crap too much.
Stevens leather pants were banging but barely got to see them damn it!

Some of the kids are dressed really poorly as well. This is a bad year for it. Elise's black dress was different but emphasized and made her look wider in the tummy section. I guess not too many of them have thier own fashion sense like Haley did last year for example.

I couldn't believe the judges fawned all over the duet with Josh, Jessica and Hollie. Joshua sang well, but I thought that was the worst duet of the night and the 3 part harmony in it didn't work. Jessica was pretty weak and scratchy after really standing out in earlier group performances.

Last edited by gold*dust1; 04-12-2012 at 09:23 AM..

Old 04-12-2012, 09:44 AM

5,120 posts, read 16,611,858 times
I liked Colton's performance the best followed by Skylar, Joshua, then Elise. Didn't care for Jessica, Hollie or P2. Jessica's performance was very good, I just didn't care for that song. Loved the Maroon 5 song P2 sang, just didn't like his performance of it.

I really liked Colton & Skylar's duet.

I want Colton to win.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:56 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,467,793 times
I wasnt feeling well and watched AI from bed last night.

I though Colton was somewhat snarky in his comments about P2. I probably missed something, but did he say why he didnt want to be compared to P2 "of all people"?

Jessica almost seems to be a shoo-in for the win. I've always liked P2 but Jessica is peaking very well and at just the right time. What an amazing voice and unbelievable confidence she has for such a youngster.

Joshua is apparently developing quite a following too. I'd like to see him get into the finals but I dont think he can beat Jessica.

I wonder if P2 peaked out too early in the competition. I agreed with the judges that he wasnt so good last night as in previous nights.

I just dont care for Skylar. I hope she can have a nice C&W career but I dont see her lasting much longer on the show...maybe another 2-3 weeks.

Tonight: goodbye Hollie. Next week: goodbye Elise. After that, Skylar and then either P2 or Colton.

One thing I enjoyed about the duets last week is that they werent judged -- so the performers could feel a lot looser. But then they were judged last night. I think that's a mistake.

I posted, on the DTWS thread, that, since DWTS is on Mon-Tues and AI is on Wed-Thurs, I've lost a lot of my original interest in AI by comparison. That makes me sad because I've loved AI since Day One. Hopefully, I'm feeling that way only because of my temporary illness.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:26 AM

18,951 posts, read 11,610,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I wasnt feeling well and watched AI from bed last night.

One thing I enjoyed about the duets last week is that they werent judged -- so the performers could feel a lot looser. But then they were judged last night. I think that's a mistake.
Oh no - sorry you weren't feeling so hot - I missed you and your comments!

I agree about the duets and judging vs not-judging.

Oh and, as far as I could tell, Colton didn't really give an explanation to that comment about Philip. He also seemed much more irritated by the comparison overall than Philip did. Hell, Philip even came out with a compliment about Colton - saying he was a good kid or something like that.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:29 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,755,438 times
That video with Hollie and Joshua was hilarious. Especially when Josh was pulling Hollie when she was holding on to the door.

My wife, Skylar did amazing, even with her awesome guitar playing skills. Gobucks 86's wife, Hollie did good. Hollie did alot better than the past two weeks. Hopefully, she doesn't take another trip to the Stools O' Shame.

They showed Jess' location on the map thingy, and it shows that she lives in the San Diego neighborhood, Chula Vista. I can't believe Jess lives in the same neighborhood that I used to live in till I was 7, and moved to cr@ppy ***** Reno, Nevada.

Oh well, bye bye P2. He sucked last night, and he's definitely going bye bye for sure.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:37 AM

3,110 posts, read 5,391,686 times
bottom three prediction - Hollie, P2, Elise?
I think Elise is Adam. She's really great in her genre, but she won't and doesn't appeal to the tweenies. P2 is an acquired taste, like Josiah in that video. This is a mass appeal type contest. Which also means even though Jessica is spotless and near perfect in her performances, she still could be in trouble with the voting crowd. Think Melinda Doolittle

Melinda Doolittle - As Long As He Needs Me - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV