Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2012, 11:01 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,748,387 times

Advertisements

Nice seeing Hollie again. She looked cuter than usual.

Wait, is she British? It sounded like she had an accent when she announced Jordin Sparks.

Maybe I was asleep. Or that I skipped it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 11:11 AM

1,056 posts, read 1,738,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
What I don't get, is if so many people find AI to be so disgusting then why do they watch it, pay attention to it, or even bother to comment? Does it create some sort of superiority? More class warfare?

I watch football to see teams try to score. I watch AI to watch youth try to achieve their aspirations. In a way, the same goal. Survival and success.
I can not understand that either on this or other threads, I was confused when I first started coming to this forum and would click on a thread like AI thinking it was all people who watched the show and wanted to share their observations but there would always be others with comments like "haven't watched it in years, worse show ever why do people watch this garbage?"

I don't get it go to another topic that you are actually interested in and let us discuss a show we enjoy. There are so many threads I never comment on because they are not for me, I wouldn't go on there for the purpose of belittling other who do enjoy it. Go figure

Old 05-25-2012, 01:09 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,180,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeytrot View Post
I'm really surprised Phillip won, very glad though!!
I have liked him from his audition and eager to hear what type of album he'll put out. I like his single but I don't think that's what he wants to record but he will get a chance to do his own stuff.

Jessica has never done anything for me, she's a mall rat and needs to grow up some, get some miles on her so she has something to draw from instead acting her songs out, not that I would listen to her.
I really liked Jessica a month ago. Her dazzling voice was incredible. But it became obvious over time that she excels at standing in the center of the stage in a long dress singing dramatic songs. If she was singing Ella Fitzgerald I could enjoy that for longer than 4 minutes. But the truth for me is that I don't enjoy that kind of music much. I also had a hard time connecting with a 16 year old singing about serious life topics.

Jessica could end up a big success. But it seems right now not many people are buying music like that. She needs to find a groove that is popular and works for her.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:53 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,257,117 times
Here's some more news on contracts. AI has replaced a guaranteed album deal for the runner-up with a staggered "Development Period requiring less music and will pay out less advance money. This is the first time in AI history that the runner-up will not be offered an album deal with a guaranteed $175,000 advance. One reason: Consumers are buying singles, not albums. Another reason, viewership is down. An expert quoted in the article stated, "You can't continue to offer high rewards and incentives when the program when the finale is barely breaking 20 million." If Jessica gets the album deal, she will receive the $175,000. If not, she could be paid as little as $30,000 to perform four single songs, or $60,000 if she records between four and 10 songs. Jessica may have a contract already, but which one is the question.

I have an idea, why not decrease salaries paid to the judges. Like that will ever happen.

More info here:
'Idol' moves toward lower payouts for runners-up - Boston.com

Old 05-25-2012, 07:51 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Here's some more news on contracts. AI has replaced a guaranteed album deal for the runner-up with a staggered "Development Period requiring less music and will pay out less advance money. This is the first time in AI history that the runner-up will not be offered an album deal with a guaranteed $175,000 advance. One reason: Consumers are buying singles, not albums. Another reason, viewership is down. An expert quoted in the article stated, "You can't continue to offer high rewards and incentives when the program when the finale is barely breaking 20 million." If Jessica gets the album deal, she will receive the $175,000. If not, she could be paid as little as $30,000 to perform four single songs, or $60,000 if she records between four and 10 songs. Jessica may have a contract already, but which one is the question.

I have an idea, why not decrease salaries paid to the judges. Like that will ever happen.

More info here:
'Idol' moves toward lower payouts for runners-up - Boston.com
Interesting. If the runnerup is great, which she is, she'll have no problem making their deal seem a very moot point.

Nice of AI to relize people are buying singles, about 7 years after it happened. The only industry dumber than the music industry, is the video industry. Still using models based on the 80's and the early 90's. Yet, Heejun still kept advancing, baffling most music people with ears.

I agree with you about the judges. At least Jimmie has a good track record, or a historical track record. They will keep on keepin on until nobody is making anyu money. Singles should have made the talent better, and made the amount of artists larger. Hardly anyone nowadays produces an album worth buying.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:43 PM

637 posts, read 1,026,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Nice seeing Hollie again. She looked cuter than usual.

Wait, is she British? It sounded like she had an accent when she announced Jordin Sparks.

Maybe I was asleep. Or that I skipped it.

No you weren't dreaming

Cutie Hollie is from same city as my heroes, The Beatles
Liverpool, England
But she now lives in Texas and working on her y'alls

IMO she out sang Jordan, just abit

Old 05-30-2012, 11:11 AM

Hollie could of won this thing. There are millions of songs that she could nail and would fit her voice. Her song choices robbed her, costing her chances into the finale, and win. Stupid Jimmy and those idiot mentors gave Hollie bad song choices because they wanted to focus on the ones they like. They are like bad teachers who focus on a few good students and leave the rest out. They did the same to Skylar. I miss that little firecracker lighting up the stage, even though I hate country music. Now I lost interest when Hollie and Skylar got booted out. Skylar would get a record deal. Not sure about Hollie because of those evil, mean producers.

Old 06-03-2012, 02:50 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,258,889 times
Anyone going to a concert from their tour this Summer?

Old 06-03-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
Anyone going to a concert from their tour this Summer?
Nope not me. Sorry. But I would like to see what cute little Hollie does on the tour.

Old 06-07-2012, 02:50 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
I just got in the mail personally autographed to me CD from Johnny Keyser.
The first CD from a contestant from 2012 season 11 American Idol.
I have been following him since he audition and he had the best vocals.

In the first time in American Idol history that a contestant who was cut or voted off the show was able to produce an album that hit a Billboard global chart before that season's finale aired.
After I-tune release album song 'From Where I Stand' was ranked #4 on Billboard R&B chart and album 44 on Billboard heat seeker chart. Your awesome Johnny keep reaching the stars!

Perfect timing this acoustic CD is perfect listening to riding down to the beach next week.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV