Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2010, 03:14 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,153,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineann View Post
OKay...does anyone hear "repeat" after last night...Ali leaves, and then the phone rings for next weeks episode...kinda like Jillian and Ed coming back.
Yes!! I was just thinking the same thing...leave "for work", call later and ask to come back (to make an episode "the most dramatic yet...") and get chosen at the end. Not cool.

And, if I were Ali, I would have done the exact same thing (leaving the show). Here's how to break it down realistically.

She has a very good job. One that allows her to live in San Francisco...one of the most expensive cities in the US. Not sure if the company brought her to SF from the east coast, but either way, this is a real job...not something that will be easy to find again, especially in this economy.

She is one of 4 girls left and even if she IS the one that Jake picks, the chances of this relationship working out (if history is any indicator) are slim-to-none. So, now she's got no job and no boyfriend.

Jake is going to pick someone at the end...he says so and says he's "happily engaged." Those who watch this show regularly know that the chances of this relationship lasting are not high. If I were Ali, I would wait until Jake and the so-called "love of his life" break up and give him a call. If their relationship succeeds, well then it wasn't meant to be for Ali and Jake after all.

Either way, she still has a job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 03:30 PM

Thoughts about last night's episode:

Glad Ali is gone. Liked her at the beginning and then have grown to dislike her as I watch her bully the girls and then turn into a coward when finally confronted about it. It's a shame because I think she seems very normal and with a decent head on her shoulders, but I cannot shake the feeling that she was a bully in high school and has just turned it towards whoever she feels is weak (in this case, it's Vienna...when she has kids, it will be the PTO parents).

Gia - She is the prettiest of the bunch...probably the most beautiful out of them all, but she is the most insecure. Funny how that works...you just never know. Still bugs me with her constant hair posing and I'm just not sure if she is strong enough for a relationship with someone who will be gone a lot for his job. She seems like the kind of girl who needs constant affirmation and time and I've said it before, if Jake's family really is full of doctors and they consider Jake's job as an airline pilot to make him the "black sheep", they are not going to be keen on a 26-year-old swimsuit model.

Vienna - Did anyone else catch the "I've been married before but now I'm ready to take marriage seriously" comment? Just another thing that confirms my suspicions about her...very immature. Of course, she SHOULD be immature...she's 23! As for her being "rich", I'm not sure she ever said she was rich...she just said that when she wrecked her cars, her daddy bought her new ones. That makes her dad an idiot, but not necessarily rich. I lived in Florida and know that area of Sanford. Florida has a lot of rich areas, mostly near the cities, but the rest of it is back-woods redneck country (and proud of it). Her family is not wealthy but that doesn't mean her dad wouldn't go into debt to give his "little princess" whatever she wants. Jake should hear the warning bells and run, not walk, for the door.

Tenley - Like her, like her family, LOVED her dad. I don't know anything about Tenley's background, but she seems to come from a tight-knit family who let her grow up and get married and have reacted the way a family SHOULD react to a divorce...very upset and protective. I liked the way she talked about her divorce with Jake in San Francisco...objective enough to recognize some of the things she did wrong too. I think that shows a level of maturity that no one else seems to have. She clearly didn't express her needs and wants to her first husband (he never saw her dance) and perhaps now that she is a bit older and has been a little more "toughened" by the world, she understands that a good relationship involves both partners.

Tenley gets my vote. I think she has matured from some of her life experiences and knows what she wants. I also forgot that Jake gave her the first impression rose, so perhaps Jake's first instincts were right.

Old 02-09-2010, 04:28 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
Thoughts about last night's episode:

Glad Ali is gone. Liked her at the beginning and then have grown to dislike her as I watch her bully the girls and then turn into a coward when finally confronted about it. It's a shame because I think she seems very normal and with a decent head on her shoulders, but I cannot shake the feeling that she was a bully in high school and has just turned it towards whoever she feels is weak (in this case, it's Vienna...when she has kids, it will be the PTO parents).

Gia - She is the prettiest of the bunch...probably the most beautiful out of them all, but she is the most insecure. Funny how that works...you just never know. Still bugs me with her constant hair posing and I'm just not sure if she is strong enough for a relationship with someone who will be gone a lot for his job. She seems like the kind of girl who needs constant affirmation and time and I've said it before, if Jake's family really is full of doctors and they consider Jake's job as an airline pilot to make him the "black sheep", they are not going to be keen on a 26-year-old swimsuit model.

Vienna - Did anyone else catch the "I've been married before but now I'm ready to take marriage seriously" comment? Just another thing that confirms my suspicions about her...very immature. Of course, she SHOULD be immature...she's 23! As for her being "rich", I'm not sure she ever said she was rich...she just said that when she wrecked her cars, her daddy bought her new ones. That makes her dad an idiot, but not necessarily rich. I lived in Florida and know that area of Sanford. Florida has a lot of rich areas, mostly near the cities, but the rest of it is back-woods redneck country (and proud of it). Her family is not wealthy but that doesn't mean her dad wouldn't go into debt to give his "little princess" whatever she wants. Jake should hear the warning bells and run, not walk, for the door.

Tenley - Like her, like her family, LOVED her dad. I don't know anything about Tenley's background, but she seems to come from a tight-knit family who let her grow up and get married and have reacted the way a family SHOULD react to a divorce...very upset and protective. I liked the way she talked about her divorce with Jake in San Francisco...objective enough to recognize some of the things she did wrong too. I think that shows a level of maturity that no one else seems to have. She clearly didn't express her needs and wants to her first husband (he never saw her dance) and perhaps now that she is a bit older and has been a little more "toughened" by the world, she understands that a good relationship involves both partners.

Tenley gets my vote. I think she has matured from some of her life experiences and knows what she wants. I also forgot that Jake gave her the first impression rose, so perhaps Jake's first instincts were right.
I loved Tenley's family too, and especially her dad. She is the best left out of the bunch but sadly I think that Jake will pass her over for the Good Time Gal Vienna.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:15 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,696,401 times
I also agree Tenley is the best of the bunch. Ali and this work thing is that also something written
into it. Is she hoping America wants her next ? Can't see Jake with any of them, sorry! This is mostly a boring 2 hours which I now half watch.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:37 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,468,083 times
In an interview Jake said he did not ask Gia's parents for her hand in marriage because he said they weren't "there" yet in their relationship like the other girls. So, I totally think Gia would have gone home.

Old 02-10-2010, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
In an interview Jake said he did not ask Gia's parents for her hand in marriage because he said they weren't "there" yet in their relationship like the other girls. So, I totally think Gia would have gone home.
Hmmm...interesting. I still think it's interesting that Gia is a beautiful girl, has no problem wearing a bikini for a photo shoot and yet is the most insecure. Whether she really has a reason to be so insecure or she just isn't very confident, I think it's a real turn-off for anyone, especially Jake. He would have to spend a lot of time reassuring her about everything and that is annoying.

Old 02-11-2010, 04:17 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times
Quote:
I don't think pilots make that much money, until they get to captain status at a major airline and a few years of service. And American Airlines just had pilot lay offs. Jake is 30 years old, so I doubt he's a 10 year captain.
Airline Pilot Salary, Career Information Pilot

Many years to make 6 figures...not all what it is cracked up to be!! HAve to be in majors for YEARS before you make decent money... and LOTS of traveling....................

Old 02-11-2010, 04:19 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times
Quote:

Maybe it's Gia or Tenley.......Tenley doesn't seem over her ex...BUT she has a very caring family... Ali--omg, pulling another ED!! wth is with this show??? then she will come back I am sure...and profess her love...Ugh.. She is a bully...
they would clash!
If he picks Vienna I will shat!

I dont think Jake liked Gia's parents AT ALL!........

Old 02-11-2010, 05:36 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,021,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Maybe it's Gia or Tenley.......Tenley doesn't seem over her ex...BUT she has a very caring family... Ali--omg, pulling another ED!! wth is with this show??? then she will come back I am sure...and profess her love...Ugh.. She is a bully...
they would clash!
If he picks Vienna I will shat!

I dont think Jake liked Gia's parents AT ALL!........
I will shat too

Old 02-11-2010, 06:22 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,813,684 times
Well, according to Reality Steve, Jake DOES end up choosing Vienna.

He's been right about everything except was off a week about when Ella would be leaving.

He did report that Ali would be leaving and also that NO ONE returns to the show. I guess we'll have to see how it all plays out, but if he chooses Vienna, he's not at all the man I thought he was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV