Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2020, 10:09 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,104,523 times

Advertisements

It was quite a shock to me to see her looking so old when I started watching Call The Midwife. I used to watch her in The Railway Children when I was a kid (in re-runs! I'm not quite that old)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2020, 10:27 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,439,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
He was William, a footman I believe. He married Daisy right before he died from war injuries so she could collect his stipend or pension or whatever they call it. He loved Daisy but she didn't love him, however she married him to making a dying man happy.
Holy cow, that was William? I knew he looked familiar, but the weight gain actually made him look shorter!

Old 05-21-2020, 11:46 AM

2,528 posts, read 2,781,486 times
So true! It's funny how many of these prominent and recurrent actors are easily recognizable, in spite of weight gain or loss (sometimes due to a fat suit!), hair changes, etc. He's not one of them. But that jaw line was what gave it away.

I'm currently watching Lark Rise to Candleford, which I missed the first time around. Linda Bassett (Nurse Crane) plays Queenie Turrill on Lark Rise. Even though she's featuring pulled back, straight, center-parted hair and appears much heavier, she's unquestionably Linda Bassett. Last night I watched a movie called Hampstead and Lesley Manville, who plays Robina on World on Fire, was there playing Fiona. No question who she was either. But the William/Eddie thing really had me flumoxed for awhile.

Old 05-21-2020, 06:37 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,439,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movinon View Post
So true! It's funny how many of these prominent and recurrent actors are easily recognizable, in spite of weight gain or loss (sometimes due to a fat suit!), hair changes, etc. He's not one of them. But that jaw line was what gave it away.

I'm currently watching Lark Rise to Candleford, which I missed the first time around. Linda Bassett (Nurse Crane) plays Queenie Turrill on Lark Rise. Even though she's featuring pulled back, straight, center-parted hair and appears much heavier, she's unquestionably Linda Bassett. Last night I watched a movie called Hampstead and Lesley Manville, who plays Robina on World on Fire, was there playing Fiona. No question who she was either. But the William/Eddie thing really had me flumoxed for awhile.
I used to watch Lark Rise all the time - I think I went through the entire series at least twice on PBS "afternoon tea". I loved Linda Bassett as Queenie. Same thing with Ballykissangel, which was one of Colin Farrell's earliest screen roles. He looked like a baby then, lol!

Old 05-21-2020, 07:45 PM

I'll confess, then, since you did. I'm on my second round of Lark Rise. It all makes so much more sense now, plus I can focus on production elements and details that I missed the first time. I haven't seen Colin Farrell in that role - I'll have to check it out.

Old 05-21-2020, 11:18 PM

11,640 posts, read 12,712,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movinon View Post
I'll confess, then, since you did. I'm on my second round of Lark Rise. It all makes so much more sense now, plus I can focus on production elements and details that I missed the first time. I haven't seen Colin Farrell in that role - I'll have to check it out.
Larkrise has many TV actors that eventually became very familiar to American audiences, either through Downton or Poldark or fill in the blank.

Old 05-22-2020, 06:57 AM

So I've noticed. It offered quite a few their big break, I think. Now I'm contemplating where Call The Midwife will go next season. There are probably spoilers out there somewhere. I'll be doing some sleuthing during their hiatus.

Old 05-27-2020, 08:21 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,104,523 times
I started watching this show on Netflix last night called Feel Good ONLY because it had "Barbara" from Call The Midwife in it. It's a VERY different role for her!

Old 12-26-2020, 07:55 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,322,026 times
Did anybody remember the 2020 Christmas special was on last night? I watched but was a little disappointed this year in it.

Old 12-26-2020, 11:24 AM

2,568 posts, read 2,521,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Did anybody remember the 2020 Christmas special was on last night? I watched but was a little disappointed this year in it.
Obviously filmed with Covid restrictions. I did like Reggie sticking up for himself.......and wanting another beer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV