Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2015, 07:27 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,768,819 times

Advertisements

Interesting theory about Paige. That would be a nice parallel. Obviously Phillip is already skeeved out about the young girl as it is.

As far as Elizabeth, I was wondering why she even went up there in the first place? For all she knew, it was four guys with guns in that room. Considering all the time she spent teaching the new guy how to be observant and sneaky and the storyline with the fact that she glimpsed him, it just seemed out of character.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 08:29 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,533,449 times
Paige has a lot more up her sleeve than boinkin the youth minister. Yeah he might make the move on her, maybe she'll off him. Apple does not fall far from said tree...

Old 04-01-2015, 10:21 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,984,317 times
Ya'll sure she's bonking the minister??? I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT HER NEXT STEP IS GOING TO BE.
Many things are just left hanging. ..that black lady who was set up in the home.. what happened to that story? The 15 yr old what happened to her? Stan's one night stand just disappeared. I'm getting confused with the russkies and their story lines. ....

Old 04-02-2015, 06:24 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
Yeah stan is a little sketchy so who knows what he is thinking or doing ? the 15 yr old yeah ugh !!! Martha is working on getting bumped off and Im sure that will happen soon enough . OMG Paige and the minister Yuck !! You all are really twisted . Yeah I did not like that Elizabeth made that old lady take all those pills I mean come on really ? that was evil incarnate but then again she did throw her baby into a pool and made her learn to swim . I guess we are supposed to hate Elizabeth and Phillip but I do think Elizabeth is more evil than Phillip .

Old 04-02-2015, 08:40 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,047,683 times
Poor Paige. She's 14 and she just found out that her parents are Russian spies - and then an FBI agent came to eat with them.
What does she do next? Does she fear that one, or both of her parents, would put a bullet between her eyes?
Does she ask Stan what would happen to the children of parents who were arrested for being spies?
How does she believe that her parents actually love her?
How would you like to be in her spot?

I LOVED Strat-O-Matic.

Last edited by John F S; 04-02-2015 at 09:06 AM..

Old 04-03-2015, 07:17 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,012,063 times
I'm going to be waiting a week for the interaction between Stan and Paige. The way she was looking at him.

Personally, I think they should have taken her out of the country (to Kenya?) before they told her the truth. Right now, she could walk next door and tell Stan or pick up the phone and call the police and it's all over for them. I think they put too much faith in her loyalty toward them.

After all, she has felt like an outsider her whole life. She has always sensed that they had been keeping secrets from her. That's not going to foster a sense of fmaily loyalty in her. Pastor Tim (who has GOT to be a KGB deep cover plant) is probably closer to her now than they are.

I think his plan was to take her to Kenya and, far from the grasp of the US Govt, recruit her, train her and indoctrinate her.

But I could be way off..

Old 04-03-2015, 12:41 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,047,683 times
Does Paige start acting out?
Does she start smoking cigarettes - or joints?
Does she start skipping school?
Does she bring a boy home with the intention of taking him to her room?
What happens if her parents try to put their foot down? Does she say "Bleep You" and then say "If you say anything, I will go to Stan - or are you going to shoot me?
Suppose they slap her? How does she react?
At ANY time she can go to Stan, or call the police, or any other law enforcement agency.
Do the other Russians kidnap her and "torture" her or lock her up?
Or does she just refuse to look at or talk to her parents anymore?

This should be interesting.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:54 PM

11,638 posts, read 12,709,490 times
Elizabeth is a sociopath. That old lady was right. She makes up excuses to justify doing evil. I think it's a power trip for her. She is more than willing to drag Paige down the same path. What is this business with her claiming that she is trying to make the world a better place? Regular Russian people wanted OUT. They were miserable. Only the few in power, the corrupt, had access to decent material goods, decent housing, decent healthcare. Everyone else was standing on line for food because of the artificial shortages caused by corruption and oppression.

I think Phillip would have bailed a long time ago but he is in love with Elizabeth. She turns him on and he's infatuated with her. Otherwise, he wised up a long time ago about any idealistic Soviet propaganda. It was Elizabeth's mother who threw Elizabeth into the pool so that she would learn how to swim. Obviously, her mother was crazy and so is Elizabeth. What kind of mother wants her daughter to sleep around like she does, torture people or be tortued, be abused by the nut jobs that go to bed with them. I hope that Phillip stops it, but I think Elizabeth has higher rank and authority than Phillip.

Old 04-03-2015, 10:10 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
Elizabeth is a sociopath. That old lady was right. She makes up excuses to justify doing evil. I think it's a power trip for her. She is more than willing to drag Paige down the same path. What is this business with her claiming that she is trying to make the world a better place? Regular Russian people wanted OUT. They were miserable. Only the few in power, the corrupt, had access to decent material goods, decent housing, decent healthcare. Everyone else was standing on line for food because of the artificial shortages caused by corruption and oppression.

I think Phillip would have bailed a long time ago but he is in love with Elizabeth. She turns him on and he's infatuated with her. Otherwise, he wised up a long time ago about any idealistic Soviet propaganda. It was Elizabeth's mother who threw Elizabeth into the pool so that she would learn how to swim. Obviously, her mother was crazy and so is Elizabeth. What kind of mother wants her daughter to sleep around like she does, torture people or be tortued, be abused by the nut jobs that go to bed with them. I hope that Phillip stops it, but I think Elizabeth has higher rank and authority than Phillip.

HUGE sociopath!

Elizabeth sees her "required to have" by the KGB spawn as future robots working for "the motherland". That's about it. She can make them all the lunches she wants to. It's a farce.

The only reason she didn't want to leave Paige home alone (after she spilled the beans to Paige) is to make sure she didn't rat them out.

Maybe Paige goes to Kenya and disappears.

Elizabeth IS that psychotic/brainwashed.

Old 04-03-2015, 10:16 PM

11,638 posts, read 12,709,490 times
Right. Today, I could see Elizabeth joining ISIS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV