Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 01:33 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,789,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210;28295989[B
]How do you do the spoiler thingy? I see the Show/Hide on the menu bar[/b], but I'm not sure how it works. (Is there a Help or FAQ section on C-D?)

As for the Firefighters, I think they did say in their ITM after they were eliminated that they should have gone back and kept looking for the clue, but I'm not sure they realized they most likely would still be in the game had they done that. They do now, though.

I'm rooting for the Colorado moms (my former home state for 40+ years), the father/son cancer survivors, and the Hockey players (one played for the Colorado Avalanche for a bit).
to use the Spoiler--just type what it is you want to hide then click on show/Hide and it will hide it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2013, 03:20 AM

1,378 posts, read 4,361,661 times
The doctors may or may not need a million dollars. Maybe they just want to be on the show to have fun and win for the point of winning. But that is till a lot of money.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:44 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,005,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
The Firefighters were not smart, once they reliazed that they were not going to be one of the first 2 teams, of the last 3, to check in, they should've turned around and completed the challenge. I hope that the wife of team Alabama doesn't always act like she did during that sandcastle challenge. I know the heat must've been brutal and affected her and the others.

It is my understanding that once a team declares that they have abandoned a challenge and opt to take the penalty, said team may not return to the challenge.

As to the sand castle challenge: if allowed by the rules, I would have plopped the empty bucket on top of the target sand castle, then try to flip it over intact, quick thrust of hand into the bucket, quick dig into the sand, then plopped the bucket back down. Next time I happen to be on a beach, I shall try it.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:00 AM

2,727 posts, read 6,152,445 times
I'll continue to spoiler for now since people may have recoreded and still not watched.

Spoiler
The rule stated that they must rebuild the castles. It appeared that once teams found the clue, they didn't rebuild. I would think they would still have had to.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:42 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,760,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
It is my understanding that once a team declares that they have abandoned a challenge and opt to take the penalty, said team may not return to the challenge.

As to the sand castle challenge: if allowed by the rules, I would have plopped the empty bucket on top of the target sand castle, then try to flip it over intact, quick thrust of hand into the bucket, quick dig into the sand, then plopped the bucket back down. Next time I happen to be on a beach, I shall try it.
I was thinking the same thing. It looked to me from every single shot that the clue was buried under where the sandcastle was, not in it (probably because they tried it and it caused the castles to fall apart). So really no reason at all to even bother with the castle at all. But, the teams probably didn't know that at that point.

As far as spoilers, pretty much every thread here people use spoiler tags until after the show airs in the West Coast timezone out of courtesy, though whoever said it was right. Coming here if you haven't watched the show is crazy and since this is one of the few forums that keeps track of visit time PER THREAD there is no reason not to just wait until you've watched it and then read the thread. I can tell you i will freely discuss the outcomes the next day for sure and won't feel bad at all.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:06 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,266,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGirlNoMore View Post
I'll continue to spoiler for now since people may have recoreded and still not watched.

Spoiler
The rule stated that they must rebuild the castles. It appeared that once teams found the clue, they didn't rebuild. I would think they would still have had to.
Since you spoilered yours, I guess I shall do mine, too.

Spoiler
My understanding is they only needed to rebuild the sandcastle if they didn't find a clue.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:05 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,789,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
As far as spoilers, pretty much every thread here people use spoiler tags until after the show airs in the West Coast timezone out of courtesy, though whoever said it was right. Coming here if you haven't watched the show is crazy and since this is one of the few forums that keeps track of visit time PER THREAD there is no reason not to just wait until you've watched it and then read the thread. I can tell you i will freely discuss the outcomes the next day for sure and won't feel bad at all.

spoilers are used the night the show airs-not the next day. And really spoilers are only needed when revealing the eliminated teams.
As to why someone would be online reading............if you live on the west coast (and this includes Alaska and Hawaii) and the show isn't on for 3-5 hours later than for those on the east coast--you may be on city data reading and for real you haven't even thought about east coasters already having watched and are now posting about shows. This has been covered over and over and over and.......

Old 02-18-2013, 08:14 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,005,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
spoilers are used the night the show airs-not the next day. And really spoilers are only needed when revealing the eliminated teams.
As to why someone would be online reading............if you live on the west coast (and this includes Alaska and Hawaii) and the show isn't on for 3-5 hours later than for those on the east coast--you may be on city data reading and for real you haven't even thought about east coasters already having watched and are now posting about shows. This has been covered over and over and over and.......
I agree. If I am unable to watch Sunday night, I keep firmly away from this thread until I have watched it. I also agree that posting before the whole country has had time to see it (original viewing by time zone) is not cool.

In this day of Tivo and similar DVRs, it would be impossible to not talk about an episode until all readers of the thread have actually watched the show.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:30 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,189,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRUA View Post
I was thinking the same thing.

Also when one of the doctors mentioned about needing the million dollars,
and I'm thinking....you're doctors....you probably already have a more than a million dollars!
Maybe the twin docs are the pair I saw on some show on Discovery:Health and Fitness. They work at a hospital. Only docs who go into private practice achieve the big bucks. You don't get rich working at a hospital.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:21 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,530,507 times
I wonder if it was with in the rules for the Firemen to return to search for clues once they knew they'd lose the race to the mat?

I think the hockey players will do well. The bottom feeders are where I expected them. Doc's don't stand a chance to last very long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV