Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you like how Lost Season Finale played out?
Yes 27 42.86%
No 23 36.51%
It was just OK 13 20.63%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 01:36 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,885,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
If the finale starts at 7:00P on Sunday, how long is it?
2 1/2 hours
ABC expands ‘Lost’ finale by extra 30 minutes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 06:21 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,250,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
If the finale starts at 7:00P on Sunday, how long is it?
I think they're doing a 2 hour series recap - then they'll do the finale. So I'm under the impression Sunday will be a 4 1/2 hour Lost marathon/extravaganza.

I suspect my head might explode

Old 05-19-2010, 06:38 AM

2,053 posts, read 4,816,509 times
Guys, I am still kinda confused...
I know mib is Flocke and Flocke is Smokey...but what exactly is Smokey?! What does the black smoke mean?! Bad people who died on the island, like the whispers? All concentrate evil in the world? What exactly is it?

How do you think the fact that Mib fell into the creek turned him into Smokey? Did he get "consumed" by the light? How did crazy Mother know that? Assuming she was the light protector, was she the former "wib" as well, thus splitting her job between Jacob and mib?

And forgive my stupid question but...did Richard really die? Why did Smokey kill him just now?!
I am so sad, Richard was such a great character...At least they could have made a better goodbye for him...

Old 05-19-2010, 07:14 AM

1,422 posts, read 3,442,177 times
what was the deal with the cut on jacks neck in the beginning? why was desmond watching locke in the sideways?why is desmond trying to get them all together again?

Old 05-19-2010, 07:25 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_in_reverse View Post
I think they're doing a 2 hour series recap - then they'll do the finale. So I'm under the impression Sunday will be a 4 1/2 hour Lost marathon/extravaganza.

I suspect my head might explode
Thanks to all for the info. It looks like a hunker down Sunday night. When I saw it was starting at 7PM, I thought, egads, I better buy some blank DVDs before Sunday so I can watch but digest it all on a second viewing.

Can I ask another question? What happened to Miles last night? Didn't he hide with Charles Widmore?

Old 05-19-2010, 07:32 AM

No, as he is the worst character in Lost - ever - he promptly got the hell out of the house when things got complicated.

Why is Miles even there - to talk to dead people and be obnoxious and talk back to everybody - if Hugo can do the same thing and not be insufferable?

A Miles-centric episode?! The worst in Lost history...

I love Lost, let me be very clear about it... But some characters are absolutely unnecessary.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:34 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
hmm, I'm so-so about this episode. mostly b/c Desmond was acting SO weird in the flash sideways. obviously, Desmond saw more in his flashes than what was shown to the audience (ditto for on Island Desmond). only way to explain how he knew Sayid and Kate would both be at that jail. very weird, no clue what he is up to (is he going to go look for Penny? why bring along Kate? or is he going to question Daniel some more?). his understanding of what is going on is way too clear to explain (why go after these particular passengers? why not Frogurt or Artz?)
Yes I agree with you. It seems they used Desmond to tie up lose ends and it feels a little like a loss of the original character and story line. Maybe Desmond will be the 'new Richard' after the big island powers that be swap.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:39 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaiam View Post
No, as he is the worst character in Lost - ever - he promptly got the hell out of the house when things got complicated.

Why is Miles even there - to talk to dead people and be obnoxious and talk back to everybody - if Hugo can do the same thing and not be insufferable?

I love Lost, let me be very clear about it... But some characters are absolutely unnecessary.
I would think part of his longevity has to do with being the son of the Dharma scientist who started the whole island problem thing by trying to harness/use it's power. Not sure how all that will pan out....but it's a thought.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:44 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,490,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaiam View Post

Hmm, I do not feel that way at all. I think Miles is a enjoyable character and he often is the source of comic relief.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:50 AM

Glory, Faraday was a key character, a great guy, and son of Eloise and Widmore, and they killed him offand darn Miles is still there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV