Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you like how Lost Season Finale played out?
Yes 27 42.86%
No 23 36.51%
It was just OK 13 20.63%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 08:32 AM

247 posts, read 688,589 times

Advertisements

yes, remember that scene now. thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 08:39 AM

2,029 posts, read 4,042,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpascal View Post
I did notice the numbers coming back into play when the names were written on the ceiling....

I thought the same thing about Helen mentioning Locke's dad. My wife thought maybe it was not the father who paralyzed him, but like his adoptive father? I didn't recall enough about that back story.

And then what about Ben appearing as the history teacher when Locke was a substitute? Even if the plane hadn't crashed on the island, wasn't Ben still there already? Feel like maybe I missed something there.
I thought it was weird that he was with Helen and her mentioning his dad. I didn't think they were still together at that time. If I remember correctly, he was talking to another "Helen" on the phone after he was paralyzed. He was paying a fee to talk to this "Helen". Last night's episode brought up more questions instead of answering the hundreds of questions we already have.

Seeing Ben as a teacher threw me for a loop. I feel like you do about that. The only thing I can come up with is the butterfly effect and even that is not making much sense to me. I guess I just need to have some patience! Anyone know who next week's episode is focused on?

Old 02-17-2010, 09:30 AM

4,066 posts, read 5,652,602 times
That whole LOST La timeline is throwing people for a loop! Hope it doesn't go on long! The next epi is The Lighthouse, Jack-centric.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:40 AM

4,066 posts, read 5,652,602 times
Oh, what would happen to those ON the island when the Jughead incident happened who couldn't be on flight 815? Are they dead? Little Ben was on the island when it happened. Of course, so was Miles...who flashed WITH the Losties to the 2007 island! Nothing makes sense, nosebleed, headache! Didn't it say on the preview that there would be no more new questions? Ha! They don't even know how to write an epi without posing new questions!

Old 02-17-2010, 10:10 AM

2,212 posts, read 5,156,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
I thought it was weird that he was with Helen and her mentioning his dad.
Did anyone else notice Helen's shirt? It said "Peace and Karma".

Old 02-17-2010, 10:35 AM

2,029 posts, read 4,042,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
Did anyone else notice Helen's shirt? It said "Peace and Karma".
Good catch! I can never catch all the clues watching an episode one time.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:41 AM

2,212 posts, read 5,156,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
Good catch! I can never catch all the clues watching an episode one time.
I have no idea what this means but the writers don't seem to do anything "accidental". I think the Karma thing is already in play.

I loved that it seems like Hurley is one of the only ones whose life doesn't completely suck now that they've landed in LA. Locke's still in a wheelchair, Kate is on the run, Jack's still stuck with his daddy issues, Jin and Sun don't love each other, Claire doesn't have the bond with Aaron, Rose (I think that's her name) still has cancer. Hurley seems to be the only one who is doing well and doesn't hate his life.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:09 AM

6,025 posts, read 15,358,196 times
am I the only one wondering how come Kate doesn't have a number, or why we didn't see her name? Jacob did visit her as a kid, just can't remember if he touched her. I'm guessing the other crossed out names are other passengers who died over time (when you really think about it, there aren't that many 815ers left. nearly all the Tailies are dead or taken by the Others. most of the remaining passengers from the main part of the plane are dead or got lost when they ran from the flaming arrows last season). I'm also curious which Kwon Jacob is most interested in, Jin or Sun

the whole alt Locke thing is bugging me. why is Helen still w/ Locke? what's up w/ Anthony Cooper-did he try to kill Locke or not? Since it looks like Jacob bought Locke back to life after his fall, I wonder if that got altered too.

I think it's becoming way to ironic how everyone is now living and working in LA. wasn't Rose living in Buffalo, NY w/ Bernard shortly before getting on the plane? why is she working for Hurley now? I can understand wanting to keep everyone together in the same locale, but this is getting as annoying as Kate having her murder trial in LA instead of Iowa where the murder took place. and now Ben is in LA too, working as a teacher of all things (wasn't he born near Portland?). why European history? a possible clue? maybe a link to Hanso?

I'm not going to lie, when I first saw the blond boy, I was thinking "Aaron". of course, that kid is way too old to be Aaron, so there goes that idea. who is he and why could Sawyer see him but not Richard? are the rules similar to the rules Ben mentioned when he went to go visit Widmore in London a couple of seasons ago (Ben told Widmore that when Alex was killed, he broke the rules) .

awesome episode, LOVED how it started out from Smokey's point of view (in case there were any doubts left that Smokey can shape shift and is MiL). glad to see Locke is finally buried. still curious about Iliana and her role in all of this

Old 02-17-2010, 01:32 PM

332 posts, read 773,234 times
After last night's burial, do you guys think we have seen the last of Locke (the real Locke)? As a huge Locke fan, I am having trouble accepting that our man of faith could die in such an ignominous manner and that all his travails could have been for nought. Any other Locke fans still holding out hope that he will be vindicated?

Old 02-17-2010, 02:35 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,008,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user376 View Post
After last night's burial, do you guys think we have seen the last of Locke (the real Locke)? As a huge Locke fan, I am having trouble accepting that our man of faith could die in such an ignominous manner and that all his travails could have been for nought. Any other Locke fans still holding out hope that he will be vindicated?

We havent seen the last of Locke because he is still alive in the alternate storyline. If the two timelines merge, we could end with him being alive and well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV