Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2014, 07:49 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times

Advertisements

They do have a point. If it had gone the crossover comic book/movie thing from the start, it would have burned out quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2014, 08:57 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,279,449 times
The show is definitely improving. I still wouldn't call it even close to great. But I'm still watching.

The 3/4 episode was weird. Exciting story that moved the plot along. It had some truly moving moments and a great reveal.

But some of the dialogue was very stiff, the acting was downright bad in places, and even my kids said, "Why are the good guys trusting Hudson? How stupid are they?" It's almost as if they aired the first rough cut of an episode rather than one that had gone through the careful eye of a director and editor.

Old 03-28-2014, 09:00 PM

1,492 posts, read 1,618,535 times
Hey, I just saw the trailer for the new episode of Marvel Agents of Shield coming in a few days (Tueday).

The trailer seems to show agent May trying to explain "it is not what it seems", sort of indicating Colson has caught on that she is reporting on him to someone.

Could be fun!

Old 04-08-2014, 07:05 PM

363 posts, read 817,788 times
I wasn't a real fan of this show but I have to admit, this has really picked up to being a damn good show. Last episode with Hydra reference was excellent. It keep you questioning who was Hydra and who was Shield.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:47 PM

I wanted to like tonight's episode. Tried really hard. It's good that they are finally moving a story forward, but the writing was so weak. I absolutely cannot stand it when a character wins because of another character acting inexcusably stupid. It happened TWICE in two major plotlines in this episode. That's just weak writing.

SPOILER:

Spoiler

So the clairvoyant has managed to hide in plain sight in SHIELD for years. But he reveals himself with a slip of the tongue? Please. Not only is that just plain stupid, it's a cliche that's been done a million times.

The red-haired lady (who looks like a G.I. Joe villain) has so far been one of the smartest, most ruthless agents of SHIELD. But tonight she did something so uncharacteristically and irretrievably stupid that it got her killed.

I want to like this show. But their writers really need a swift kick in the pants.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:30 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
They do have a point. If it had gone the crossover comic book/movie thing from the start, it would have burned out quickly.
I don't think so. The issue is on television rather than movies, it is much harder to keep your audience. In the theaters, you got them locked in at paying the $7.50-10.00+ so they will stay. On tv, no one is forcing you. I got backlogged and had to catch-up and man, I am glad I did. It seems like it will be the face of S.H.E.I.L.D. going forward as we switch from Captain America 2 to Avengers 2 (mainly because Guardians of the Galaxy seems more of a self-contained movie to the current Avengers plots (it seems more tied to the infinity gauntlet storyline which is much more of a slow build.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I wanted to like tonight's episode. Tried really hard. It's good that they are finally moving a story forward, but the writing was so weak. I absolutely cannot stand it when a character wins because of another character acting inexcusably stupid. It happened TWICE in two major plotlines in this episode. That's just weak writing.

SPOILER:

Spoiler

So the clairvoyant has managed to hide in plain sight in SHIELD for years. But he reveals himself with a slip of the tongue? Please. Not only is that just plain stupid, it's a cliche that's been done a million times.

The red-haired lady (who looks like a G.I. Joe villain) has so far been one of the smartest, most ruthless agents of SHIELD. But tonight she did something so uncharacteristically and irretrievably stupid that it got her killed.

I want to like this show. But their writers really need a swift kick in the pants.
I respond to the spoiler with this spoiler.
Spoiler
Having the clairvoyant be a part of the H.Y.D.R.A. sleeper-cell makes sense. For the longest time I thought it was Hand (the red-haired lady) due to her ruthless for the sake of being ruthless nature (compared to Coulson who was ruthless when need-be.) As for uncharacteristic actions causing her death, it was her ruthless nature. Sure Grant would have freed his mentor but she gave him carte-blance to shoot the REAL clairvoyant and she ended up dead because of that.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I respond to the spoiler with this spoiler.
Spoiler
Having the clairvoyant be a part of the H.Y.D.R.A. sleeper-cell makes sense. For the longest time I thought it was Hand (the red-haired lady) due to her ruthless for the sake of being ruthless nature (compared to Coulson who was ruthless when need-be.) As for uncharacteristic actions causing her death, it was her ruthless nature. Sure Grant would have freed his mentor but she gave him carte-blance to shoot the REAL clairvoyant and she ended up dead because of that.
Responding to your response:

Spoiler
The fact that no one knew the Clairvoyant was Bill Paxton is unbelievable. My 10 year old had that one figured out back in March. He had "Bad Guy!" written all over him. Coulson and the rest are supposed to be super smart. The clues were there in plain sight. That they didn't pick up on them just makes them look stupid.

And the last episode was all about "Trust no one!" which was great. But then the supposedly smartest characters in the show kept trusting the least trustable people! Mr. Square Jaw was trained and mentored by the guy just revealed to by a HYDRA agent, he's been in a holding cell for shooting an innocent man, and you hand him a gun and step aside???? Come on. What kind of blithering idiot is she? Square Jaw had #1 Suspect painted on his forehead the whole episode. What would have been cunning (and not inexcusably stupid) was for Ms. Red Streaks in Hair to hand Mr. Square Jaw an unloaded gun (a la Die Hard) to test him. That might have been smart.

Agents of SHIELD are supposed to be the smartest most well trained intelligence agents on the planet. But they keep acting like buffoons.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:22 AM

973 posts, read 1,453,344 times
Since we are going all Secret Agent Spoiler Hiding Post stuff...lol

Spoiler
What if Ward shot Miss Streaks to place Coulson in charge... ya know, to save the soul of SHIELD? Afterwards he is deep cover inside Hydra. I dunno.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:55 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,084,087 times
Spoiler

Well, I'm thinking that Shield is going to be no more, based on the events of
Captain America 2. So it looks as though Hydra will become the main villain of
the series and Coulson's team will most likely branch out on their own, apart
from Shield/Hydra.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:58 AM

28,671 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Sheild will continue as disparate elements running from HYDRA while trying to regroup--think "Battlestar Galactica." Grant may continue like #6.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV