Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2013, 08:06 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,084,698 times

Advertisements

I'd like to see Tyson win. He's played the best game this season, BY FAR. He deserves it. The problem I see for him, is he's going to have a VERY negative jury if/when he makes it to the end. If the final 3 wind up being Tyson, Gervase, and Monica, I could very easily see it being Monica just because of the fact that she's the lesser of the 3 evils and has done well with individual immunity.

I also think that some of Monica's achievements at individual immunity challenges are a little skewed however. Most of the challenges she has won are based on weight. Think of the hanging over the water challenge, or the holding up the bucket of sand challenge. She's obviously pretty ripped in the arms, and she must weigh less than 95 pounds, so it seems quite easy for her to support her weight with those massive arm muscles. Plus the fact that when a survivor has to hold up something with 1/3 of their body weight, its going to be much easier to hold 30lbs (Monica @90 lbs) vs holding 63lbs (Gervase @ maybe 190).

I'm not trying to take anything away from Monica, because she has been a beast at those challenges, and Tyson probably weighs the same as her, lol. But it's not like we've seen her win a wrestling challenge or something like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 08:16 AM

810 posts, read 1,025,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
I'm still surprised Ciera broke from her alliance. But she was number 4 so I understand why she did that and forced the rock vote.
I thought so too. If she wanted to flip, she should have done it last week. Flipping now makes no sense.

Also what's with Tyson getting the hidden immunity idol again? The same guy finding it again seems to happen wayyyyyyy too often in Survivor

Old 12-05-2013, 08:20 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,302,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tongyang View Post
I thought so too. If she wanted to flip, she should have done it last week. Flipping now makes no sense.

Also what's with Tyson getting the hidden immunity idol again? The same guy finding it again seems to happen wayyyyyyy too often in Survivor
Pretty stupid of them to read the clue that said "Near the water but not too close to the ground" and immeidately start looking around on the ground.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:42 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
I'm still surprised Ciera broke from her alliance. But she was number 4 so I understand why she did that and forced the rock vote. Too bad Katie lost.

I don't want Tyson to win and would love to see him blindsided, although I don't think that will happen now. He is too arrogant. And I did not buy his whiney, crying speech about how he deserved to be there. I didn't like his snotty remark to Katie at the end of tribal, something about 'see that seat over there on the jury, that's yours'. I don't think the three guys on the jury so far will vote for him anyway.

Monica is riding Tyson Gervase's coat tails. I would think they will bring the winner of RI back in the game next week. Both Monica and Laura are good at challenges so it will be interesting to see who's better.
That comment is pretty telling of the type of guy he is in real life so I don't like those types that is why I don't want Tyson to win. I can't see him getting the jury votes after last night's TC.

Katie needed to go she has added nothing to this game I think the coattail rider this season is Gervase. Other than winning last night he hasn't added anything to this game either his speech last night proved he is not a thinker blurting all that out they way he did.

Monica is a beast at challenges I agree with whoever said some are skewed but the bucket of sand was not. They all had the same weight in their buckets according to their own weight they all could have beefed up muscles before coming on the show as well. The tribe screwed up by not voting out Gervase, Tyson or Cierra when they choose to eat instead of play.

It is looking like final 3 will be Monica, Tyson & Gervase now I want Laura M. back in the game to whip their butts.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:50 AM

986 posts, read 1,667,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
It is looking like final 3 will be Monica, Tyson & Gervase now I want Laura M. back in the game to whip their butts.
I wanna see Laura B come back into the game too. Monica is a beast in challenges, but I haven't seen her strategize at all.

Something about Tyson rubs me the wrong way. I wanna like him (and occasionally I do), but then he says or does something that makes me not like him again. And the snarky remark to Katie was really unnecessary.

Gervase bothers me; I didn't like his attitude from day one (especially when he was really ugly to the tribe in the beginning because they lost). I don't see him getting many jury votes.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:52 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Have they always done pick a rock to break a tie ? I seem to remember starting a fire as a tiebreaker for something.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:53 AM

7,371 posts, read 5,485,714 times
Also what's with Tyson getting the hidden immunity idol again? The same guy finding it again seems to happen wayyyyyyy too often in Survivor [/quote]

I wonder if the players are around when the camera is filming scenic views? We saw the camera pan up to the tree where the idol was hidden and then there goes Tyson up the same tree, finds the idol, smiles at the camera and says 'I got it'!

Seemed fishy to me .

Old 12-05-2013, 09:51 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,534,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Have they always done pick a rock to break a tie ? I seem to remember starting a fire as a tiebreaker for something.
While they have done this for ties in the past, there was one time when this occurred and the two doing it couldn't start a fire to save their lives. They even broke down and gave them matches... must have taken hours.. tragically inept.

Old 12-05-2013, 10:02 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,302,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
That comment is pretty telling of the type of guy he is in real life so I don't like those types that is why I don't want Tyson to win. I can't see him getting the jury votes after last night's TC.

I agree, and that's why it was so delicious when Hayden, the pretty boy, schooled Tyson, the self-proclaimed deep thinker, when Tyson said "Russell Feathers? Russell is a man's first name. You mean ruffle" and Hayden responded with "R-U-S-T-L-E, Rustle. You can rustle feathers."

That was so good. If you're going to nit-pick someone you had BETTER know what you're talking about. Tyson didn't and ended up looking petty and foolish.

Old 12-05-2013, 10:06 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,271,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I believe I've read Probst say before (and it's listed this way on the Survivor Wiki) that building fire as a tirebreaker is only done in the final four when drawing rocks rules are such that only 1 person would likely be drawing a rock. (Out of 4, 1 has immunity, and the other 2 are immune due to being voted for.)

The Survivor Wiki notes some very interesting, almost eerie, coincidences between last night's rock draw and the one from Marquesas, the only two times a rock draw has happened.
-In both cases only 3 castaways drew rocks, two women and one man.
-In both cases an African-American had won the immunity necklace.
-In both cases the person who was eliminated sat on the far left closest to the jury and voted first
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV