Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2013, 10:07 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,274,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
While they have done this for ties in the past, there was one time when this occurred and the two doing it couldn't start a fire to save their lives. They even broke down and gave them matches... must have taken hours.. tragically inept.
Oh yeah, I remember that. And one of them eventually ran out of matches and could only sit there and watch the other girl win!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 11:01 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,764,136 times
I was really shocked Ciera broke as well. She was #4, but what bad timing! She had been playing a really good game IMO up until that point. For her to flip during tribal I think will be her downfall. I really am not caring who wins this season! No one is standing out as a good guy!

Old 12-05-2013, 11:08 AM

4,363 posts, read 6,538,136 times
Laura M for the return. She still has no competition at RI. Unless Monica shows up that is.

Ciera wasn't seeing the big picture prior to TC, too bad she only opened up her eyes then. I like Hayden more now than earlier in the season. Unless he can claim immunity in the next challenge he's history.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:09 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,981,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
I agree, and that's why it was so delicious when Hayden, the pretty boy, schooled Tyson, the self-proclaimed deep thinker, when Tyson said "Russell Feathers? Russell is a man's first name. You mean ruffle" and Hayden responded with "R-U-S-T-L-E, Rustle. You can rustle feathers."

That was so good. If you're going to nit-pick someone you had BETTER know what you're talking about. Tyson didn't and ended up looking petty and foolish.
Hayden's face was priceless. I thought right away this should be an internet meme.

It was in my opinion one of the best Survivor's moments ever.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:41 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,864,593 times
Don't wanna russell any feathers here ( ) but I don't agree Monica has no strategy. It's a valid strat to find a strong alliance and go with it to the end. Stay low, win individual immunity, then find yourself final 3. That's as valid as being Gervase and following Tyson's lead the entire way, being a big mouth, but not winning anything (until last night). Just because you make 'big moves' doesn't mean you aren't working things in your favor. Being subtle with jabs here and there, befriending this person or that. Many many ways to skin a cat.

Tyson really looked small and petty at the end. Not a good look.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:43 PM

17,642 posts, read 22,663,494 times
Tyson is a buffoon. I think Monica will win. Or Laura M, if she can get off RI......

Old 12-05-2013, 02:38 PM

4,792 posts, read 8,195,597 times
Quote:
Pretty stupid of them to read the clue that said "Near the water but not too close to the ground" and immeidately start looking around on the ground.
Well? They all up rooted their life to go live on an Island and play a game for a million bucks. Maybe reasoning is not their strong point.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:59 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,472,976 times
Quote:
Pretty stupid of them to read the clue that said "Near the water but not too close to the ground" and immeidately start looking around on the ground.
I got the impression they were kind of looking from the ground up. I didn't think it would be that high since the clue said "not too close to the ground" so I thought it would be a few feet from the ground but not so high up in a tree.

Maybe Tyson must have just gotten the idea to look higher just by watching the others for awhile. We don't really know how long they had been at it.

It almost looks like a free-for-all now. I don't think there is any clear winner. I am not a Tina fan but I have a hunch she will be back in the game. She and Monica are just two very cool players and seem to be able to keep their heads in the challenges and under the more stressful circumstances. I think Tina not being in the game now is probably to her advantage.

Old 12-05-2013, 06:26 PM

44,645 posts, read 61,677,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
It almost looks like a free-for-all now. I don't think there is any clear winner. I am not a Tina fan but I have a hunch she will be back in the game. She and Monica are just two very cool players and seem to be able to keep their heads in the challenges and under the more stressful circumstances. I think Tina not being in the game now is probably to her advantage.
^^^Agree, and it looks like the men will be fighting at each other throats and the women will cash in to take advantage of that and sneak up to the top positions.

Old 12-06-2013, 03:13 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,580,366 times
[Quote:]
Originally Posted by slamont61
Speaking of Friends and Family, sad news for Tina and Katie. Tina's son, Katie's brother, was killed in a traffic accident the other day.[quote]

Son, brother of local 'Survivor' contestants killed in car crash » Knoxville.com
[Quote:]
Originally Posted by Jaxson
I'm sorry to hear that my condolences to his family. I don't like Tina as a player but I don't wish ill for her either and it must be very hard to lose a child.[quote]

This is so heartbreaking. And so close to the holidays. I wonder if he'll be a loved one they bring to the island . That will be hell for them to rewatch if he is. My heart is with the family. I didn't like Tina or Katie, but I would never wish this tragedy on anyone. Condolences to their family....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV