Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2013, 05:12 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,486,112 times

Advertisements

I am glad Will made it through. He is my favorite. It was time for Michael to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2013, 05:14 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,497,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Redemption Song? People don't know Redemption Song? Or know why it's important?

I'm a little stunned by that statement. Wow.

I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm just genuinely shocked.

Redemption Song - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thanks. I'd never heard of it either.

Old 12-04-2013, 05:23 PM

1,765 posts, read 4,350,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
I loved that group song too! I thought it was one of the best performances of the season.

I am starting to get nervous that Jacquie will win it. Christina comparing herself to Jacquie is getting so tiresome. I was shocked that James was in the bottom two, he really is the best singer left I think. I know Blake is popular but really Cole should have gone home before now. I thought he was very average the past few weeks. At this point I don't care who wins except I hope I it not Jacquie, she screams so much.
You are preaching to the choir here ...glad I'm not the only one tired of .xtina always bringing comments back to herself. I also am worried Jacquie will win it... I guess there are a lot of scream-appreciators out there .

Old 12-04-2013, 06:05 PM

36,421 posts, read 16,034,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
Mmmm, Nuno Bettencourt. He's divine.

Hopefully they will release "More Than Words" on iTunes. This version was great.
It was totally awesome

Old 12-05-2013, 01:38 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,411,843 times
I unfollowed Blake on Twitter because I got tired of him whoring out Cole. It's not terribly funny, but it COULD be effective. There are a lot of sheeples out there..... they'll vote for him because their Blakey wants them to.....

I think coaches should only be allowed to post voting numbers and links once after the show and leave it at that. They literally, by contract, should not be allowed to do any more than that.

People say it's "in America's hands" but there are some hardcore sway tactics that have gone down over the course of the show (mostly on Twitter) that really aren't fair.

Then during the show, before the Voice Save window closed, Blake is like, "I don't want to sway anyone either way, but.... I saw a lot of James." Even Adam spoke up and said, "Very diplomatic, Blake." lol

I am in the minority, I don't find Blake super charming and loveable, I find him mostly just passive-aggressive. There's something underneath his "good ol' boy" image.... a fakeness.

I'm using Blake as a prime example, because he does a lot of this "sway" stuff, but it's been going on quite a while. A little bored with it. I almost feel like the "Teams" should be eliminated after a certain point in the competition. Every contestant should get coaching from each coach eventually. Because I feel like people vote for Blake, Adam, Christina, or CeeLo and not the actual talent.

Old 12-05-2013, 02:53 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,137,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Redemption Song? People don't know Redemption Song? Or know why it's important?

I'm a little stunned by that statement. Wow.

I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm just genuinely shocked.

Redemption Song - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bob Marley - Redemption Song (from the legend album, with lyrics) - YouTube

#66 on Rolling Stones' Greatest 500 Songs of All Time.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:08 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,497,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPLove View Post
I unfollowed Blake on Twitter because I got tired of him whoring out Cole. It's not terribly funny, but it COULD be effective. There are a lot of sheeples out there..... they'll vote for him because their Blakey wants them to.....

I think coaches should only be allowed to post voting numbers and links once after the show and leave it at that. They literally, by contract, should not be allowed to do any more than that.

People say it's "in America's hands" but there are some hardcore sway tactics that have gone down over the course of the show (mostly on Twitter) that really aren't fair.

Then during the show, before the Voice Save window closed, Blake is like, "I don't want to sway anyone either way, but.... I saw a lot of James." Even Adam spoke up and said, "Very diplomatic, Blake." lol

I am in the minority, I don't find Blake super charming and loveable, I find him mostly just passive-aggressive. There's something underneath his "good ol' boy" image.... a fakeness.

I'm using Blake as a prime example, because he does a lot of this "sway" stuff, but it's been going on quite a while. A little bored with it. I almost feel like the "Teams" should be eliminated after a certain point in the competition. Every contestant should get coaching from each coach eventually. Because I feel like people vote for Blake, Adam, Christina, or CeeLo and not the actual talent.
Why did you start following Blake in the first place? Sounds like you dislike almost everything about him.

Old 12-05-2013, 04:05 PM

741 posts, read 1,380,118 times
Tessanne is still my favorite.

I did not see Matthew's audition but heard a reference to it about all the coaches turning around for him. I remember seeing the same for Tessanne but IIRC Blake was a few moments behind the others. I thought Tessanne, and the moment were dramatic.

So, I think about that audition. The song "Try" is a favorite of mine- I sing it to myself around the house. IMO, Tessanne was also styled differently then as opposed to how she has been as the season has continued. I'm guessing that the performers were mostly self styled at audition point. I think both styling and song choice may have taken her away from how she wants to present herself and Xtina's constant comments on hearing Tessanne's accent haven't helped.

This is my first season watching the Voice and I never even heard of Blake before, and so I learned a lot here about the structure and influences of the show. I congratulate him for his comments that Tessanne is a "world class" vocalist and that should be (have been) an emphasis.

My fantasy would be hearing Tessanne sing Chrissie Hynde.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:02 PM

699 posts, read 1,015,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alinka View Post
Tessanne is still my favorite.

So, I think about that audition. The song "Try" is a favorite of mine- I sing it to myself around the house. IMO, Tessanne was also styled differently then as opposed to how she has been as the season has continued. I'm guessing that the performers were mostly self styled at audition point. I think both styling and song choice may have taken her away from how she wants to present herself and Xtina's constant comments on hearing Tessanne's accent haven't helped.

This is my first season watching the Voice and I never even heard of Blake before, and so I learned a lot here about the structure and influences of the show. I congratulate him for his comments that Tessanne is a "world class" vocalist and that should be (have been) an emphasis.
Tessanne was my favorite after the blind auditions too. IMO, she sang Try better than the original artist, Pink. That performance had spiritual power behind it....haven't seen that since. You make a good point.
She seems to have lost herself in the "Voice" machine.

Old 12-08-2013, 03:01 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,411,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Why did you start following Blake in the first place? Sounds like you dislike almost everything about him.
Honestly, it was against my better instinct. But I thought, "Give him a chance."
And plus, he CAN be funny.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV