Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2013, 02:13 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,696,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Hated Cat. She looks like a rocker but just doesn't have the raw emotion. Seems like a poser to me. She and Caroline should go home, but doubt they will eliminate CeeLo's team.
I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 02:40 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,495,356 times
By the way, WTH was Cat wearing on her bottom half? It looked like a swaddle or something designed to fit over big puffy diapers. Whatever it was, I thought it was cringe worthy.

Old 11-19-2013, 05:55 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,148,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Hated Cat. She looks like a rocker but just doesn't have the raw emotion. Seems like a poser to me. She and Caroline should go home, but doubt they will eliminate CeeLo's team this early. I'm hoping Tessanne will go soon, so maybe her and Cat are leaving if we're lucky. Then Caroline can have a chance to redeem herself.

I liked Will Champlin. Blake's whole team did well, plus they're such likeable, normal every day guys, it's hard not to root for them. I just don't think they can let Blake win again, so Will or James Wolpert might have the inside track.
I agree, for the most part. I still like Caroline's voice - I love the unique ones. But I don't think the unique ones are likely to win. But I don't like Will Champlin. He's a fine singer, but he's just not remarkable. Very ordinary. And no charisma, either. And I didn't think that James' performance was that good last night. Maybe it's just because it was so unremarkably performed in comparison to the original ... which is a great song.

I do like Tessanne, but I think the same thing about her that I do about Will. They both have so much experience in the music business. They've been around it, around producers, etc. If they were viable headlining artists, why has nothing happened before? That is such a lucky position to have been in, and if they weren't able to capitalize there ... why would this experience?

They are doing everything they can, on the show, to marginalize Blake. They don't want him to win.
Just listen to the intros.

Old 11-19-2013, 11:11 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,546,864 times
I was completely put to sleep last night - what a snooze fest!

But tonight- these are the only group performances that I've bothered to not fast-forward through...

I liked Christina and her team- thought they were very well-matched vocally - and those two kids looked like they were having a blast performing with her.

I also really liked the duet between Tessanne and Caroline- I was quite surprised. They seem like they would never go together, but strangely it worked IMO.

Hope next week has better song choices though!!

Old 11-20-2013, 07:07 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,411,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
This is exactly why I have skipped this season and will start watching again next season. I was actually quite shocked that the ratings have stayed up when Christina came back. I thought more people would be like me and not be able to stomach watching her again.
My mom started watching at the beginning of Season 4. She said tonight she much prefers Christina. She says she'll watch, but she's bummed out about Shakira's return.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:10 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,411,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
Tessanne leaves me feeling completely bored. Its so weird. She has a great voice, but it does nothing for me. I'm actually kind of wondering why that is. I wonder if its because I find her personality annoying.
I agree. I think she has beautiful tone, but something is lacking. Control, I think.

Old 11-20-2013, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPLove View Post
My mom started watching at the beginning of Season 4. She said tonight she much prefers Christina. She says she'll watch, but she's bummed out about Shakira's return.
I prefer Christina too. I even preferred the old Christina who was always pimping her team and nobody else's. This year I've noticed all the coaches are more complimentary about the competition, including C. It's nice to hear all the kindness, but I'm torn because I like to hear honest critiques of the bad performances too.

Old 11-20-2013, 08:41 AM

Surprised Austin was in the bottom 3 instead of Tessanne. But then I got to thinking about it, and realized he hasn't had a memorable performance in a while. Maybe grooming his beard changed the tone of his voice or something, but he really hasn't been the same since he cleaned up his appearance.

Glad Caroline got another chance.

West coasters (and maybe other areas too) didn't get to do the instant vote again. I don't vote the normal way because it's not transparent and I think the show eliminates whoever they want anyway. But I think they'd get caught if they tried to manipulate the twitter vote since everybody and their dog can see twitter. Wish I could vote for that.

Last edited by LillyLillyLilly; 11-20-2013 at 08:49 AM..

Old 11-20-2013, 08:45 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,722,397 times
Sorry to see Austin go. Would have rather seen Caroline or Tessanne go. The way I look at it is, who would I go see live and that is Cole, Austin, James, maybe Ray. I live in Nashville so I can see great music every day of the year. When Cole plays here, I'll be there!

Old 11-20-2013, 10:47 AM

19,221 posts, read 16,701,480 times
I liked Austin. Much better than others. Sorry to seem him eliminated. I'm glad to see Matthew still in the game, though. He's still my choice to win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV