Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2013, 12:16 PM

1,765 posts, read 4,350,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
I was completely put to sleep last night - what a snooze fest!

But tonight- these are the only group performances that I've bothered to not fast-forward through...

I liked Christina and her team- thought they were very well-matched vocally - and those two kids looked like they were having a blast performing with her.

I also really liked the duet between Tessanne and Caroline- I was quite surprised. They seem like they would never go together, but strangely it worked IMO.

Hope next week has better song choices though!!

IT is well-documented that I can't stand Xtina ....and nothing changed my mind last night. I didn't care for her performance with the team, but agree the kids probably were having a blast. I don't think I understood one word she sang, but to be fair I didn't know the song. That long hallway entry of hers before she sang just screamed DIVA. Think about it -- have Adam, Ceelo or Blake ever had that kind of entrance??

I'm afraid it will be Jacquie or Matthew who takes this, and I say "afraid" because Xtina will never let us forget it if she's the "first female coach to win The Voice!" I certainly hope the grand finale isn't a Twitter Vote!! There is something very unfair about it. I think it's safe to say everyone has a telephone... but not everyone tweets!

I agree the duet with TEssane and Caroline was surprisingly decent, though Tessane kind of wiped the floor with Caroline in terms of delivery and movement... I do think though that it did help Caroline win the "instant save." It was right before the vote!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2013, 12:53 PM

699 posts, read 1,015,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
I was completely put to sleep last night - what a snooze fest!

!!
Agree. For me, it's been a snooze fest since the night James sang "A Case of You" and Jacqui's "I put a Spell on You." IMO, those were the two best performances of the season so far.....I was deeply moved by both those performances and have watched each several times. Also felt the same when Tessane sang "Try"....I believe that was during the blind audition. We need more moments like those.

I'm not fond of Christina but I have to give her credit for the effort she seems to have made to change the way she interacts with the other coaches and the contestants. Before now, she seemed jealous of some of the female contestants, especially those who may have threatened her. She seems genuinely supportive this season and her comments even if critical, don't have a mean edge. Yes, she is a diva and that is all part of her act....to me, what she lacks is humility. I am awed by performers like Beyonce and Tina Turner who are also divas but at the same time are humble.....that is a tough balance but they manage to pull it off.

Old 11-20-2013, 06:16 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,548,159 times
For some reason, Christina does not bother me at all. I don't know why

Old 11-20-2013, 06:27 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,548,159 times
Here is Christina singing at age 9yo

Christina Aguilera - Break It To Me Gently - YouTube

Old 11-20-2013, 06:56 PM

19,221 posts, read 16,705,467 times
Great video KittenSparkles. She's got a great voice. She's also a pretty good little actress.

Old 11-25-2013, 01:59 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,711,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
Sorry to see Austin go. Would have rather seen Caroline or Tessanne go. The way I look at it is, who would I go see live and that is Cole, Austin, James, maybe Ray. I live in Nashville so I can see great music every day of the year. When Cole plays here, I'll be there!
Caroline and Tessanne are the two best on the show, America got it right.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:01 PM

36,421 posts, read 16,034,254 times
I'd marry Cole tonight

Old 11-25-2013, 07:33 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,715,742 times
I think Adam has been reading C-D comments. His song choices have been great tonight. Loved Will just now.

Old 11-25-2013, 08:17 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,698,138 times
Will did real good and so did Jacquie.

Old 11-25-2013, 08:41 PM

36,421 posts, read 16,034,254 times
Team
Adam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV