Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2013, 12:15 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,711,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelotus View Post
What is it with these song choices? Never heard so much screaming in my life! What happened to just singing the song without all the drama? So disappointed with James, Tessanne, and Jacqui's performances (my favs) because of the screaming, not singing.....
For me, the whole evening was blah....no one really stood out.
Jonny got axed because of a bad song choice. Who was Jonny's coach, Ceelo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
OMG - America is stupid.
They sort of got it right. I would have saved Josh instead of Kat, but at that level, the difference was that Kat isnt forgettable, and Josh is too vanilla, bland and doesnt have a larger than life personality, its not like either had a chance to win the entire thing anyway.

I would reserve my america is stupid comments if they save someone who can't actually win in favor of someone who can (or deserves to)..but, it didnt happen in this case.

Tessanne, Caroline or Matthew is going to win....it would be a real longshot if someone else was able to upset the apple cart.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:37 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,228,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
They sort of got it right. I would have saved Josh instead of Kat, but at that level, the difference was that Kat isnt forgettable, and Josh is too vanilla, bland and doesnt have a larger than life personality, its not like either had a chance to win the entire thing anyway.

I would reserve my america is stupid comments if they save someone who can't actually win in favor of someone who can (or deserves to)..but, it didnt happen in this case.

Tessanne, Caroline or Matthew is going to win....it would be a real longshot if someone else was able to upset the apple cart.

You over value Caroline

While super talented I think Tessanne isn't going to have a shot.

Looking at your odds, if I had to lay action I would sell Tessanne all day at 2-1 and then reinvest in Jacqui at 6-1 and Austin at 12-1 (then start selling Austin when he's in the top 5 with much more favorable odds).

Matthew would be a reasonable and modest play at a reasonable value so I would probably just leave it alone

Old 11-13-2013, 01:44 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,228,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Jonny got axed because of a bad song choice. Who was Jonny's coach, Ceelo?
Jonny just wasn't good enough - there were other people on that show with a close enough style that were just that much better. They took the votes for his potential audience.

Ceelo could have bought him an extra week - it would have been awful, pandering, emotion play television - but it would have worked. He could have sung something patriotic or something that evokes Americana - an air force vet on veterans day waxing poetic about the country he served and loves?! .......... that would have worked .... for a week at least.

No sad shakes that he's gone even though he's someone I really liked in the initial blind audition round

Old 11-13-2013, 02:38 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times
I don't think I'm going to hang around to find out, but my guess is that Jacqui or Mathew will take it. Not that I like them, but I think they have potential to do whatever this show is going to do to them, for them. I hate what has happened to Jennifer with her diet ads, and Carrie Underwood, so to fit into that mold, Jacqui would be perfect. She could sell and the masses would buy it.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Jonny just wasn't good enough - there were other people on that show with a close enough style that were just that much better. They took the votes for his potential audience.

Ceelo could have bought him an extra week - it would have been awful, pandering, emotion play television - but it would have worked. He could have sung something patriotic or something that evokes Americana - an air force vet on veterans day waxing poetic about the country he served and loves?! .......... that would have worked .... for a week at least.

No sad shakes that he's gone even though he's someone I really liked in the initial blind audition round

I agree, Jonny seemed shy and bland, but if they played the veteran card and he sung something patriotic (not too patriotic as you dont want to come off as desperate) he might have bought another week. What he sung was a bad choice by ceelo, it was a hard song to do, he should have just stuck with tom petty songs and not gotten cute.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
You over value Caroline

While super talented I think Tessanne isn't going to have a shot.

Looking at your odds, if I had to lay action I would sell Tessanne all day at 2-1 and then reinvest in Jacqui at 6-1 and Austin at 12-1 (then start selling Austin when he's in the top 5 with much more favorable odds).

Matthew would be a reasonable and modest play at a reasonable value so I would probably just leave it alone
Jacquie isnt going to win, she isnt polished enough and she's just screaming the songs, she will get exposed if she actually has to sing a different style. She will be exposed as good, but not great, i think her 'wild child' approach has kind of hidden her real talent, when i say that i mean its hard to gauge how talented she is at this level. As far as Austin goes, he can't win either as i think he's getting by these rounds on the likeability factor, and the sad story factor, he's also splitting votes with the other bearded guy, that can't help him.

Caroline is very unique, she's not too pretty so that's a bonus for her as she will get a lot of female votes, she's extremely likeable too, i just hope ceelo doesnt do anything stupid with her, like try and take her out of her comfort zone, she needs to stick with her style, and just do what she does best.

I made Tess the favorite because she's the actual best singer in there imo, i dont think Adam has any clue as to what types of songs to pick for her.

I think poor song choices will get singers in trouble with voters.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:55 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,548,159 times
Was it just me or did anyone else think Adam's voice was the weakest of the four when he sang with his team?

Old 11-13-2013, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
Was it just me or did anyone else think Adam's voice was the weakest of the four when he sang with his team?
Its funny you mention that, i talked to someone who is a pro musician on the east coast, and i told him that he should start watching the voice and we were talking about the judges and he was like "you know adam is a studio musician, right?" and i'm like what does that mean and he said that nowadays, the people who good at the technology aspect can autotune almost anyone and make them sound good...you have to sort of be ok at singing, and they can make you sound great...he's like "adam can't sing".

Old 11-13-2013, 09:22 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,824,522 times
I am more entertained reading all of the comments and predictions on this City Data Forum about the Voice than I am watching the Voice.

I loved last season, with Sharika and Usher, and all the great singers. This year so far is just boring and the song choices with a few exceptions just horrible. I am not sure if I can hang in there this season, I work 12-hour days, don't have a lot of free time and found myself fast forwarding through some of the singers that I just can't stand at this point. I would listen to the first 1/3 of the song and then zip/zip to the next singer.

I have always thought Ceelo was a horrible coach, Christina is self-absorbed, and enjoyed the Adam/Blake dueling. But even the Adam/Blake dueling is getting tiresome and the only singers I really like at this point are Matthew and Cole. Even Tessanne whom I loved early on, I am getting bored with.

Christina's endless babbling is also driving me crazy this season. I never thought I would say this but bring on "American Idol" no matter what, or how bad that show gets, I never get tired to staring at my love, Keith Urban!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV