Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2013, 07:13 AM

699 posts, read 1,015,294 times

Advertisements

I am hoping James wins but he was last nights final save.....before the twitter save. I was hoping he'd sang another soft ballad like "a case of you" but he seems to be drawn to more dramatic, loud songs like the Queen song he performed this week. I love Queen songs but I think if he and Adam keep choosing this type music, he's not going to win.....too screechy. I loved Will's At Last performance .....soft and powerful....no yelling, just powerful singing. I thought he was the best that night.....he was the first save so I think that meant he got the most votes. Adam commented that no contestant works harder than Will.....and that was evident with that song....it was perfection, imo. If he keeps singing like that, he deserves to win it, I think.
I thought jacqui was good too....but not the standard of her I put a spell on you.....that was over the top amazing. Tessanne put me to sleep and she was my fav after the blind audition........I think that is because Adam does not know how to coach her.....something missing there because her singing could and should be blowing us away.....just my 2 cents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2013, 08:18 AM

36,421 posts, read 16,034,254 times
I never liked Ray and yes Tessane is putting me to sleep too. I'm a james fan and liking Will more and more.

Old 11-27-2013, 09:39 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,497,317 times
I'm really disappointed that Tessanne is still there. Technically brilliant but emotionally void IMHO.

I was still hoping Caroline could stay. I'd have been perfectly fine with Matthew and Ray going home. I think the coaches were right - Matthew's Hallelujah is still saving his butt. Because everything he's done since has been utterly forgettable. I like Jacquie but her voice is still immature. Give her a few years of development and she'll be great.

Hopefully James, Cole, Will are the final 3.

Old 11-27-2013, 09:52 AM

758 posts, read 1,640,678 times
I would have been happy with Tessanne and Matthew going home. (Though I do agree with Ray/Caroline). I was decidedly unimpressed with Tessanne's blind audition--I thought she was consistently above the note. And Matthew's blind audition wasn't that great aside from the soft beginning part that got him the four chair turn. Which is ironic, since in every song since he is horrible in the soft and slow parts. I don't think he has much range either. He has no low notes, and if he goes even a bit high he gets screechy (even moreso than Jacquie, IMO)

James, Cole and Will for the final three is my wish, too. Though I'm pretty sure they are going to throw a win Xtina's way no matter what. If so, I prefer Jacquie.

Old 11-27-2013, 10:00 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,228,371 times
This thing is starting to round out .... I still believe there is a very strong chance that Jacqui wins this thing

I think Adam is doing really good in his selections this year - he's trying to find ways to get some emotion or connection to Tessanne, it's just a struggle ........ from standards, to contemporary, to allowing her to show her roots and do something a bit unique - he keeps spinning the wheel trying to find something that should work given her skill level ..... but she lacks a good amount of "it"

Jacqui has "it" - she's captivating, even at such a young age - she draws the audience and takes them for a ride .... her voice will mature and she'll get better control over all her devices .... however, that natural foundation is really hard to teach

I like Cole, but think he's destined for a much smaller stage ...... guys like James can be successful as well, I think he would have fit in a few years ago with some of the bands like The Hives, The Killers, Franz Ferdinand, Death Cab, Modest Mouse, etc - I'm not sure how he'd stand as a solo act or a "name" frontman

Matthew is silly talented as well - I think he was maybe getting a little too comfortable up there though and this last performance was rough .... will be interesting to see how he reacts

Old 11-27-2013, 10:23 AM

19,221 posts, read 16,705,467 times
Adam's team is rockin' it this year. Go Adam!

Old 11-27-2013, 10:49 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,504,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Adam's team is rockin' it this year. Go Adam!
I agree. He had the best team! He also lost some great talent early on because of eliminations.

Old 11-27-2013, 11:06 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,617,748 times
Is anyone else disappointed with their rendition of "Will the Circle be Unbroken" last night? There is a bit of a stir going on; seems they choice to substitute the word "oh" instead of the word "Lord". I mean, no one expected them to choose a hymn to sing. The song talks about going to a better home in the sky, so the reference is clearly to heaven. BTW - I do love that song and the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band's album of the same name is one of my all time favorites.

If someone had chosen to sing George Harrison's classic song "My Sweet Lord", would it have been changed to "My Sweet Oh"? Let's not offend the atheists, muslims, Jews, etc.. PC gone way overboard.

Old 11-27-2013, 12:50 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,486,112 times
I am so pleased that Will made it through. I really hope he wins. I thought Caroline should have been saved. I was not a fan of Matthew. I enjoyed Tessann's performance; we need more of that. Why does that guy with the beard keep making it? I just do not get it. I guess I prefer soul.

Old 11-27-2013, 01:00 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,711,006 times
Updated Odds (my own personal oddsline)

1) James Wolpert 5-2
2) Will Champlin 7-2
3) Tessanne Chin 9-2
4) Cole Vosbury 5-1
5) Matthew Schuler 8-1
6) Jacquie Lee 10-1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV