Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2013, 12:01 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,711,006 times

Advertisements

Here are my "betting odds" for the top 12.

Performers will be listed in order from most likely winner to least likely winner.

1) Tessanne Chin 4-1
2) Caroline Pennell 9-2
3) Ray Boudreaux 5-1
4) Jacquie Lee 6-1
5) Matthew Schuler 8-1
6) Will Champlin 10-1
7) James Wolpert 10-1
8) Austin Jenckes 12-1
9) Josh Logan 18-1
10) Cole Vosbury 20-1
11) Jonny Gray 30-1
12) Kat Robichaud 40-1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2013, 03:20 AM

977 posts, read 1,109,831 times
This is the first season I have watched of this show........and am just trying to catch up with all of the performances. I watch it on Hulu so can watch about 3 or 4 before I have to quit (give my ears a rest). I haven't caught up to where you guys are yet, but has been interesting reading the comments. Don't really have any favorites yet........

Old 11-09-2013, 09:00 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,824,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Here are my "betting odds" for the top 12.

Performers will be listed in order from most likely winner to least likely winner.

1) Tessanne Chin 4-1
2) Caroline Pennell 9-2
3) Ray Boudreaux 5-1
4) Jacquie Lee 6-1
5) Matthew Schuler 8-1
6) Will Champlin 10-1
7) James Wolpert 10-1
8) Austin Jenckes 12-1
9) Josh Logan 18-1
10) Cole Vosbury 20-1
11) Jonny Gray 30-1
12) Kat Robichaud 40-1
Kat is my least favorite so I sure hope your odds are correct. For some reason she just annoys me, her voice and her personality. I really can't stand her performances.

I find Johnny boring, but my husband loves him, so go figure. I find his voice very average.

I think Matthew is possibly the best singer, but I don't like the songs Christina has been picking for him. Why is she picking "girl" songs? Makes no sense to me.

I like Ray but could not understand the words last week, so time will tell. It is all about song choice.

Jacquie hit a grand slam with her performance so if she keeps that up, she will win it.

I like Tessanne and her voice but others are already getting tired of her, so not sure if she will have staying power. Not sure if she has enough range.

Same thing with Caroline, not sure if she has enough range, will she sound the same every week?

From week 1, Matthew the Bagel Maker was my pick, but Christina better pick better songs for him, how about some "guy" songs and forget the "girl" songs.

It remains to be seen if Blake can work his magic again with his singers and if again Adam with doom his team with horrible song choices, as he has the past few seasons.

Thank you for posting your odds, it makes it fun to see how all of this plays out.

Old 11-09-2013, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
Kat is my least favorite so I sure hope your odds are correct. For some reason she just annoys me, her voice and her personality. I really can't stand her performances.

I find Johnny boring, but my husband loves him, so go figure. I find his voice very average.

I think Matthew is possibly the best singer, but I don't like the songs Christina has been picking for him. Why is she picking "girl" songs? Makes no sense to me.

I like Ray but could not understand the words last week, so time will tell. It is all about song choice.

Jacquie hit a grand slam with her performance so if she keeps that up, she will win it.

I like Tessanne and her voice but others are already getting tired of her, so not sure if she will have staying power. Not sure if she has enough range.

Same thing with Caroline, not sure if she has enough range, will she sound the same every week?

From week 1, Matthew the Bagel Maker was my pick, but Christina better pick better songs for him, how about some "guy" songs and forget the "girl" songs.

It remains to be seen if Blake can work his magic again with his singers and if again Adam with doom his team with horrible song choices, as he has the past few seasons.

Thank you for posting your odds, it makes it fun to see how all of this plays out.
You're welcome, i just threw them together based on my observations.

Caroline has a unique talent, she's a rare jewel who is so good at what she does, she doesnt need to have range, what she does she needs to stick to that, sort of how Scotty McCreery stuck to his "lock them doors" type of sound, if you have a gift, dont get cute, stick with it.

The thing about Jacquie is that she's very attractive and cute, so, that might work against her a little bit, but i'm new to the voice, i dont know their voting base, maybe she can actually win the whole thing. Not sure she's polished enough, these are great singers in this competition this year, going to be hard for her to overcome more polished performers.

My biggest fear is that Blake is so likeable and there is a HUGE country audience and voting base from the south, that people might be voting for Blakes contestants no matter who they are...in other words, they're voting for Blake and not necessarily the singer.....which would mean that Blake may win this contest as long as he's on the show....nobody may ever have a chance.....its funny, we will never know if voters are voting for Blake or the singers....it will be interesting this season to see if Blake wins again.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:36 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,824,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
My biggest fear is that Blake is so likeable and there is a HUGE country audience and voting base from the south, that people might be voting for Blakes contestants no matter who they are...in other words, they're voting for Blake and not necessarily the singer.....which would mean that Blake may win this contest as long as he's on the show....nobody may ever have a chance.....its funny, we will never know if voters are voting for Blake or the singers....it will be interesting this season to see if Blake wins again.
Interesting theory. I am a huge country music fan and a huge Blake Shelton fan. I did vote last season for Danielle Bradbury and The Swon Brothers. But it never occurred to me that I was voting for them due to Blake except that Blake was picking good songs and being a good coach but I really felt I was voting on their performances. At first I did not like The Swon Brothers much and then they really grew on me. Adam had a singer named Amber who was awesome and he destroyed her chances in my opinion by picking "Adele" songs for her and really she could have won it all. This year my early favorites were Tessanne and Matthew and so far none of Blake's team have really grabbed me like last season.

But I don't doubt your theory in that country music is a "family" and indeed some of Blake's fans could be pushing for him to win again, I just had not thought of that. I am going to vote for the best singer, no matter the coach, and none of the ones left are true country but some of them are very capable of singing some country. I am glad Blake did not go all country like last time, the Voice Facebook page blew up over that and people were threatening to boycott the show. Lots of people love country, but lots of people HATE country music.

I am liking Christina better than in the past, when she was rude, snotty, and acted bored so I might not have voted for her singers in that case I was voting against Christina, so it was a Anti-Christina vote, so again your theory does carry some weight but I did not realize that until now either. Hmmm.....

Old 11-11-2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
Interesting theory. I am a huge country music fan and a huge Blake Shelton fan. I did vote last season for Danielle Bradbury and The Swon Brothers. But it never occurred to me that I was voting for them due to Blake except that Blake was picking good songs and being a good coach but I really felt I was voting on their performances. At first I did not like The Swon Brothers much and then they really grew on me. Adam had a singer named Amber who was awesome and he destroyed her chances in my opinion by picking "Adele" songs for her and really she could have won it all. This year my early favorites were Tessanne and Matthew and so far none of Blake's team have really grabbed me like last season.

But I don't doubt your theory in that country music is a "family" and indeed some of Blake's fans could be pushing for him to win again, I just had not thought of that. I am going to vote for the best singer, no matter the coach, and none of the ones left are true country but some of them are very capable of singing some country. I am glad Blake did not go all country like last time, the Voice Facebook page blew up over that and people were threatening to boycott the show. Lots of people love country, but lots of people HATE country music.

I am liking Christina better than in the past, when she was rude, snotty, and acted bored so I might not have voted for her singers in that case I was voting against Christina, so it was a Anti-Christina vote, so again your theory does carry some weight but I did not realize that until now either. Hmmm.....
Im excited to see the final 12, this should be good....i think this year the singers are SO good that i'm thinking that (hopefully) the popularity of the coach isnt too much of a factor. I think the Voice is probably secretly hoping Blake loses, because if he wins again, people are going to start thinking that if you're not with Blake, you have no chance...and then the singers in future years are going to just start picking Blake as their coach, if you have no shot with the other coaches, why would you pick them?

I like the format of the Voice much better than XF or AI, i think if you just want to see really talented singers no nonsense, the Voice is for you. If you want drama and sideshow acts pretending to be singers (Pants on the ground ring a bell? Lol) you can tune into Xfactor or AI. I think that AI is going to try and learn from the Voice and make their product more quality, i'm hoping so anyway.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:57 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,497,317 times
Wow, all 3 of Christina's did well last night. She must have gotten help choosing songs or something. She's also concentrating on getting them to connect with the audience more this season rather than encouraging them to do all the runs and technical stuff.

Love Caroline but didn't like her last night. Her voice lost it's ability to touch with that song.

Also didn't like Kat. Wonder if CeeLo is losing 2 this week?

Edit: Oh yeah, I didn't like Tessanne either. I usually love her voice but find her songs boring, but last night I thought her voice faltered too. I'm hoping Kat and Tessanne go home.

Last edited by LillyLillyLilly; 11-12-2013 at 09:08 AM..

Old 11-12-2013, 10:58 AM

5,333 posts, read 8,546,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
. I'm hoping Kat and Tessanne go home.
I would be fine with this!

I have never been impressed by Tessanne - she has a great voice, but for some reason, none of her songs have moved me in any way.

The person who I looooved last night was Matthew.. OMG...I love that song and wow, he just killed it. I loved that his mom had tears in her eyes after the song.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:49 AM

3,086 posts, read 7,617,027 times
Always watch and always read, don't often post. This time in the mood to briefly comment. :-)

Caroline - too frantic
Josh - forgettable
James - amazing, simply amazing (and I am not fan of rock in general)
Austin - no, just no
Jacquie - screamy
Ray - much better
Kat - fierce
Jonny - forgettable
Tessane - weaker than usual
Matthew- beautiful, strong
Cole - didn't like it near as much as the coaches
Will - better, but still somewhat forgettable as well

Old 11-12-2013, 12:21 PM

758 posts, read 1,640,489 times
Well call me surprised. I actually LOVED Kat last night. Even bought the song.

Jacqui and Matthew were OK. I didn't actually think Matthew did that great of a job on Hallelujah...but I love the song, so I guess he still gets props for not slaughtering it. Jacquie did OK, but a little too screechy.

James...apparently it was his untalented cousin last night. I thought he was off key for most of the song.

Will was an attempted murder by Adam with that song choice, but I think he did well enough (though not that great) to stay another week.

Tessanne. Yawn

Cole. I'm not sure he deserved a standing ovation, but that was awesome smooth.

Ray was better, Josh was better (though not good). Caroline was not that great. Jonny and Austin can go home. (but who is going to vote against the vet on veteran's day?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV