Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2013, 09:23 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,824,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
Was it just me or did anyone else think Adam's voice was the weakest of the four when he sang with his team?
I was thinking the same thing when I saw this. I was very impressed with his team, not so much with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2013, 01:01 AM

6,413 posts, read 12,148,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
I was thinking the same thing when I saw this. I was very impressed with his team, not so much with him.
Ah, we're all just so used to hearing Christina drown out anyone she sings "with" ... Personally, I think the show is about the contestants. Not the judges. So I don't mind him letting his team shine.

Old 11-14-2013, 05:09 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,814,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
Was it just me or did anyone else think Adam's voice was the weakest of the four when he sang with his team?
It apparently wasn't just you, who thought that, but I disagree. He has a different type of voice than his team members, but he can sing. Perhaps he's not as used to singing while playing the drums or something. Not making excuses for him as I thought he did okay. He did let his team members shine, though, as it should be when you are their coach.

Old 11-14-2013, 06:16 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,350,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotogGal View Post
It apparently wasn't just you, who thought that, but I disagree. He has a different type of voice than his team members, but he can sing. Perhaps he's not as used to singing while playing the drums or something. Not making excuses for him as I thought he did okay. He did let his team members shine, though, as it should be when you are their coach.

The other thing that occurs to me and I've always been curious about ... who gets to decide what
KEY the song will be in?? That can be critical to someone's success. When you have 4 or 5 people singing, it's just not going to be the right or best key for somebody. Maybe as others have said, he gave the greater "vote" to letting his singers sound as good as they could. And he did okay...it just wasn't
"wow that Adam Levine!" stuff... And I'm a Beatles fan but I wouldn't have chosen that song either.

Old 11-14-2013, 06:18 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,350,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
Ah, we're all just so used to hearing Christina drown out anyone she sings "with" ... Personally, I think the show is about the contestants. Not the judges. So I don't mind him letting his team shine.

I couldn't rep you again so I'm making a post .... So true! Christina has to STAR all the time. (Remember, she's a self-described "vocalist.") I feel bad for her team when there's a group performance. I'm already looking forward to getting rid of her next season and the return of Shakira.

Old 11-14-2013, 05:59 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,113,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
I couldn't rep you again so I'm making a post .... So true! Christina has to STAR all the time. (Remember, she's a self-described "vocalist.") I feel bad for her team when there's a group performance. I'm already looking forward to getting rid of her next season and the return of Shakira.
This is exactly why I have skipped this season and will start watching again next season. I was actually quite shocked that the ratings have stayed up when Christina came back. I thought more people would be like me and not be able to stomach watching her again.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:14 AM

699 posts, read 1,015,294 times
Haven't watched last night's episode yet.....but will later. Noticed on the website that Carolyn sang Jet Plane....really????? Of all the great songs that girl could sing, her coach chose that one?

Old 11-19-2013, 07:44 AM

3,086 posts, read 7,617,027 times
There was not a single performance last night that blew me away. Most were bland, boring and I ended up fast forwarding through many of them. It was like one of American Idol's theme nights gone wrong.

Maybe I just wasn't in the right mood for it....but did anyone else feel that way?

Old 11-19-2013, 08:10 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,497,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelotus View Post
Haven't watched last night's episode yet.....but will later. Noticed on the website that Carolyn sang Jet Plane....really????? Of all the great songs that girl could sing, her coach chose that one?
She chose it and begged CeeLo to let her do it. It was a mistake IMHO. I thnk it was her worst performance yet, bad enough to get her sent home tonight.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:29 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,497,317 times
Hated Cat. She looks like a rocker but just doesn't have the raw emotion. Seems like a poser to me. She and Caroline should go home, but doubt they will eliminate CeeLo's team this early. I'm hoping Tessanne will go soon, so maybe her and Cat are leaving if we're lucky. Then Caroline can have a chance to redeem herself.

I liked Will Champlin. Blake's whole team did well, plus they're such likeable, normal every day guys, it's hard not to root for them. I just don't think they can let Blake win again, so Will or James Wolpert might have the inside track.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV