Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2013, 05:16 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,607,055 times

Advertisements

I loved the early part of The Voice this season but haven't watched since they got to the final group.

Watched last night, and phew, consistantly stinky bad singing throughout the show! None of them have a decent voice except TessAnn.

Compared to earlier seasons, this group is pretty bad. Pretty disappointing.

IMHO, of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2013, 06:50 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,715,742 times
I guess I'm one of the few (on here) who like Tessanne, but I really do. I don't understand the comments about her being boring. Oh well.

Old 11-28-2013, 01:55 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,497,317 times
On a positive note, I like Carson a lot better than any season before. He seems to have relaxed a bit and joins in the joking. He's made a few funny/clever comments to and about the judges that didn't seem to be scripted.

Christina Milan wasn't bad, but I don't miss her. Carson does just fine in the skybox or whatever they call that. She got booted off Dancing With the Stars fairly early. Anybody know what she's doing now?

Old 11-29-2013, 11:38 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,350,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
On a positive note, I like Carson a lot better than any season before. He seems to have relaxed a bit and joins in the joking. He's made a few funny/clever comments to and about the judges that didn't seem to be scripted.

Christina Milan wasn't bad, but I don't miss her. Carson does just fine in the skybox or whatever they call that. She got booted off Dancing With the Stars fairly early. Anybody know what she's doing now?

IMO, she WAS bad -- awful, actually -- but totally agree that I don't miss her!! It was just a time-killing gimmick but I can't be alone in remembering how annoying she was. I didn't watch Dancing the past few seasons because I've been watching the Voice but I'm not surprised she didn't last long there!
I have no idea what she's doing now but I hope she won't appear on any other show I want to watch!

Old 11-29-2013, 03:00 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,824,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Updated Odds (my own personal oddsline)

1) James Wolpert 5-2
2) Will Champlin 7-2
3) Tessanne Chin 9-2
4) Cole Vosbury 5-1
5) Matthew Schuler 8-1
6) Jacquie Lee 10-1
I think Matthew will go before Jacquie. I prefer Matthew, but since Matthew was bottom three I think he will go before her. Unless Christina has him sing another gospel type song.

The rest of you list, I agree with.

I also agree with the others that said they liked last season better. I follow Danielle Bradbury and the Swon Brothers on Facebook. Danielle's first CD came out this week, I am going to buy it. When the Swon's release one I will buy it. I am not really into any of the singers this year. Last season I was voting every week via Facebook. This year I don't vote at all just watch the show the following weekend. And many times find it boring. When I saw only two more weeks I thought...yeah it is almost over. Last season was fun and joy, this season, maybe it is me, but I am just not feeling it.

Old 11-29-2013, 03:02 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,824,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
IMO, she WAS bad -- awful, actually -- but totally agree that I don't miss her!! It was just a time-killing gimmick but I can't be alone in remembering how annoying she was. I didn't watch Dancing the past few seasons because I've been watching the Voice but I'm not surprised she didn't last long there!
I have no idea what she's doing now but I hope she won't appear on any other show I want to watch!
Can't rep you again, so have to say, totally agree.

Old 11-29-2013, 05:01 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,375,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
Agree. I think she just took up space and time. I don't care for Carson either. Especially when he's with the families when their friend or relative is singing. He does get enthusiastic, that's for sure. I was reading something that named the top 10 "celebrities" people hated to work with, and Christina was way up there. I know a lot of people on here don't like her, and I never understood why. She comes across as so caring for the contestants, but this article said that she's a real *itch to work with. Cher was on there too.

Old 11-30-2013, 10:53 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,350,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Agree. I think she just took up space and time. I don't care for Carson either. Especially when he's with the families when their friend or relative is singing. He does get enthusiastic, that's for sure. I was reading something that named the top 10 "celebrities" people hated to work with, and Christina was way up there. I know a lot of people on here don't like her, and I never understood why. She comes across as so caring for the contestants, but this article said that she's a real *itch to work with. Cher was on there too.

There's a saying about some celebrities that "they start to believe their own PR." I imagine that a few of them think they have to act like "divas" all the time, perhaps because they think they are "supposed" to be extra-special or whatever. I've never understood it either...but I think it's nice to be nice.

That said...and in honor of my 1,000th post -- -- I have to say I thought Christina looked STUNNING
this week! When she had her hair pulled up and back -- she looked like a screen goddess from Hollywood's true glamour days. She really is a pretty girl. There... I said something nice!

Old 11-30-2013, 06:20 PM

1,220 posts, read 2,682,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I guess I'm one of the few (on here) who like Tessanne, but I really do. I don't understand the comments about her being boring. Oh well.
neither do I. She has an incredible control over her voice, pure vocal talent. I also enjoy the youngest singer, Jacqui. So young, such great control, she will go far. Matthew is also very good, needs a bit more depth to his voice.

Btw, I hold a degree in vocal performance. just tootin' my own horn, here.

Old 12-02-2013, 06:23 PM

12,540 posts, read 2,139,265 times
What was Blake thinking making beard-guy sing "Rich Girl" by Hall and Oates???? That song just goes on and on and on...and so monotone. Beard-guy may be done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV