Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2018, 10:46 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
It is not a feature of "Black churches" but rather a minority Pentecostal and Baptist church congregations go fanatical, be they filled with black, white or Latino people in the US. And as we just saw has spread from the Azusa Street revivals to around the world. Most churches who claim to be in the same or similar denominations go nowhere near that far. Tarik could have easily arrived during Holy Week and found fanatical Catholics crucifying themselves, only coming down from being nailed to the cross before gravity did its deed and finished the painful death.
I was using the term “black church” loosely, and do realize it’s a specific denomination that gets so energetic. But thanks for explaining the rest! I admittedly don’t know much about Christian or Catholic practices, aside from the basic stuff everyone knows.

So I guess this could be the equivalent of when we (Jewish people) have our marathon prayers on the High Holy Days - or the energy and jubilation of Simchat Torah. For the latter, we dance & sing around the sanctuary while the rabbi holds up the Torah. And in my temple, he’d also toss chocolate to the children! I liked that part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2018, 10:51 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times
But on the other hand, Hazel did say “it wasn’t THAT long,” and seemed confused when he joked about the service... so maybe it is typical for that church/branch.

Old 09-06-2018, 06:00 AM

12,391 posts, read 8,161,837 times
The question is out there how fanatical was this local branch of Christianity? Dis they spend half of their day off there or was the Hawthorne effect in force and the church elders instead of cutting off were showing off what made their particular service different from the mainstream.

Old 09-06-2018, 09:00 AM

23,870 posts, read 33,581,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
My mother and I were discussing this the other night, and she has an interesting theory on Melissa (the original Colombian girl). She said Ricky was full-on catfished, and the reason it took so long to hook up was because the scammers had to FIND her! They could have swiped a random Colombian profile off Facebook, and were like "WHOOPS" when he said he was coming to meet her... then they had to find this chick, and offer her money to pretend it was her all along. Interesting theory, but actually makes sense when you think about it.

They didn't ever talk via Skype/video, did they? Pretty sure it was all texting or DM, which would add credibility to this theory.
I wondered if maybe whoever cat fished him actually knows Melissa if that's even her name and just had to talk her into seeing him to blow him off. Makes perfect sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
How is that possible?? I thought they hadn't met until AFTER she was born?
Does anyone care if I talk about this without spoilers? It's all over google

Spoiler
This was the 2nd article I read about them, apparently they have a longer history with a FB page and go fund me account where they collected money for her to fly out there. When she went with the show, it really was not her 1st time there. I personally wondered how she seemed to navigate public transportation so well.

TLC is looking into being defrauded!

Last edited by Roselvr; 09-06-2018 at 09:09 AM..

Old 09-06-2018, 01:18 PM

4,725 posts, read 4,424,762 times
ok so that does sound reasonable regarding Melssa but I would think that the TV production would normally do some sort of checking ----------even if it's just to make sure that this is story worthy or that the people cooperate with being filmed etc. That part seems like IF he was being catfished, then that would have been the story as opposed to her showing up and not being into him in person.

Also regarding the spoiler bit, I would think that if any of them have met prior to this tv show, then I similarly would have thought about passports being checked. Since people are going to ultimately have to travel to see each other, I would think/expect the production to verify if someone has a passport (and then look at it to see if it expired, and where the trips were. oops!). And if a person does not have a passport, then to at least begin the passport process. how can you have a show without people being able to travel? Just as Hasan was not able to get to the US, Nicole is able to get to Morocco.

Old 09-07-2018, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
ok so that does sound reasonable regarding Melssa but I would think that the TV production would normally do some sort of checking ----------even if it's just to make sure that this is story worthy or that the people cooperate with being filmed etc. That part seems like IF he was being catfished, then that would have been the story as opposed to her showing up and not being into him in person.
I think he showed proof of their convo but that's it. TLC would love to film a catfish or him getting stood up IMO anyway. Would make for good TV. He saved face with the next girl who he seems to have a connection to even though she's taller then him. Funny he doesn't look 5'6" on TV. She doesn't look 5'8" either lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
Also regarding the spoiler bit, I would think that if any of them have met prior to this tv show, then I similarly would have thought about passports being checked. Since people are going to ultimately have to travel to see each other, I would think/expect the production to verify if someone has a passport (and then look at it to see if it expired, and where the trips were. oops!). And if a person does not have a passport, then to at least begin the passport process. how can you have a show without people being able to travel? Just as Hasan was not able to get to the US, Nicole is able to get to Morocco.
If I have time I'll see if I can find an online app for the show to see what they require. Probably a passport but they probably did not ask for inside photos and if they did, it's possible she applied right before she went. There's about 2 years of online history with go fund me and their FB page telling their story. TLC is looking into deception; so I guess they're checking the passport now.

It seemed weird to me that Jon's mother didn't tell her to put Lucy to sleep before they went out. She's just gonna watch a strangers kid and put them to bed when she doesn't know their routine? Maybe she is the grandmother... And why else would he meet up with his sister who can be direct so soon after she came? Hmm..

I also think back to Jon's sister where she's suggesting he's lying with Pinocchio nose growing and wonder if she's giving us a sign that they're both lying lol

There are a lot of online stories on how video has been edited so far from what actually happened. Tyrik has an article online saying so with the last episode; so I assume things didn't happen like that. I wonder how old Hazel's son is. He looks about 4 in the one undated picture. She's what 25? He could be as old as 10 for all we know.

I didn't think his brothers questions were that bad to make that whole blow up. He was shocked she didn't have her son and wasn't doing what she could to get him back; such as working. Many of these girls move away to work in major towns. Annie did. So did that other one who was seeing Chris I believe was his name and the other older guy who's townhouse she stayed at.

Was watching the end again last night where Jesse blew up over Darcey wanting to cut the steak at an angle. Even her daughters realize how immature he is. Next weeks previews says she threw a brush or something towards or at him. I'm one of the most mellow people who do not throw things but let me tell you; Jesse would probably push my buttons too; or I'd be telling him to pack his stuff cause I'm done. I surely would never be with a man younger then myself. My hub is 8 years older then me. Never have and I don't think I ever will. They have to at least be my age and as tall as me. I've never dated a shorter guy. My hub is about an inch taller then me, especially now with all my back issues I seem to have lost an inch lol

Edit - they're really not asking for much, hard to know what they want after the initial email.

90 Day Fiance Casting FB
TLC’s “90 Day Fiance” Now Casting Nationwide - Please email us with pictures as well as a short bio about you and your fiancé’s love story.

TLC Casting
90 DAY THE OTHER WAY - Are you in a long-distance relationship with someone from another country? Are you planning to leave everything behind in America to start your lives together overseas? TLC is currently casting for a NEW spin of series and searching for American men & women who are in a long-distance relationship or engaged to someone overseas and planning leave America behind to live & get married abroad! If interested in sharing your unique journey, please email us at k1showcasting@gmail.com

BEFORE THE 90 DAYS - Are you in an online relationship with someone living in another country? Have you never met in person? Are you planning to visit them for the first time in hopes to propose? TLC is currently searching for men & women who are currently in long distance relationships with someone(s) overseas & planning to meet them for the first time! If interested in sharing your unique journey, please email us at k1showcasting@gmail.com

90 DAY FIANCE--CASTING NEW COUPLES! - Have you found your one true love abroad? Was the man or woman of your dreams simply overseas? If you and your foreign fiance are looking to walk down the aisle in America, we want to be there! TLC is currently seeking couples to feature on our docu-series 90 Day Fiance. This series follows the day-to-day efforts of couples planning to enter the U.S. on a K-1 Visa. Any age, ethnicity, and gender may apply. If interested in sharing your unique journey, please email us at k1showcasting@gmail.com

TLC’s Hit Show “90 Day Fiancé” Looking For Couples
Requirements For Application

They’re looking for couples who are in the K1 Visa process and want to share their love story. Cameras will follow couples from their arrival in the US through their wedding day.

All ages, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations are encouraged to apply! The international partner should be planning to arrive in the US before summer 2016.
How To Apply

To Apply email: K1ShowCasting@gmail.com with your personal story, current K1 status and expected US arrival date, and a few recent photos of you and your fiancé. YOU MUST BE IN A RELATIONSHIP TO PARTICIPATE. This is not a matchmaking series. Please do not apply if you are not currently in a K1 applicable relationship.

Last edited by Roselvr; 09-07-2018 at 05:43 AM..

Old 09-07-2018, 11:26 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,952,269 times
That Columbian Woman is a keeper, pretty smile and seriously GND HOT.

If he does not land that one there is no hope for him, she is on him like white on rice.

Old 09-08-2018, 04:59 AM

I don't understand how he has to go to jail when he supposedly holds a medical pot license.

Hot off the press. I guess that concludes Jorge and Anfisa on the show.
TLC’s 90 Day Fiancé Jorge Nava Sentenced felony marijuana arrest

Quote:
It has been nearly seven months since 90 Day Fiance: Happily Ever After star Jorge Nava was arrested after he was reportedly pulled over in Arizona with close to 300 pounds of marijuana in his vehicle. The 28-year-old reality star pleaded guilty to a felony count of Attempted Transportation of Marijuana for Sale on July 17, and earlier today he received his sentence.

UDPATE – We have been informed by a court official that Jorge has “received a presumptive sentence of 2.5 years” from judge Billy K. Sipe. That would equate to 30 months, so I am unsure why there is a discrepancy from what Anfisa stated in the video. (Perhaps Jorge fudged the truth a bit? Or maybe his math was off? Or perhaps the 22 months is how much time he is expected to serve before gaining early release?) Jorge has also been fined $20,000.

Old 09-08-2018, 06:30 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,424,762 times
Wow............is all I can muster.
good work Roselvr!!
(tried to "rep" you but apparently I have repped you too much).

Old 09-08-2018, 06:37 AM

12,391 posts, read 8,161,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I don't understand how he has to go to jail when he supposedly holds a medical pot license.

Hot off the press. I guess that concludes Jorge and Anfisa on the show.
TLC’s 90 Day Fiancé Jorge Nava Sentenced felony marijuana arrest
I can only assume that his sells went for beyond what the license allows. It would be like the ATF going after a licensed gun dealer who didn't honor the restrictions of law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV