Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2015, 06:37 AM

302 posts, read 1,157,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
When I saw the "A" stamp, I couldn't help but remember the A car at Terminus.
I thought the exact thought! Could they somehow be refugees from Terminus? Or maybe left before it was taken over? - But then, the boy came around with the stamp and I thought, "OK, The Scarlet Letter" then. The kiss leads us to further evidence of that idea? (see below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
Yeah, apparently Rick is ok with adultery now, despite the Shane and Lori stuff.
I thought about this a little, could be just as it appears with the adultery idea. But, could it be not so much of the carnal nature, rather that Rick sees her as his "in" to finding out more about the group? She's been almost overly friendly and accomodating to him right from the start. Seems she'd be the best point of access for gathering deeper intel on the group and compound. Him playing into her might just be her playing into his plans. We all know something seems to be brewing, even a takeover if needed. He may see her as a tool for calculating alliances and getting a read on people's capabilities should the group parse into oppositions.

As an aside - I watch TWD on Amazon, bought a season pass last fall and it airs on a delay. Up until this morning, the episodes just go to my library, ready to watch. This morning I had to pay for the episode. Haven't contacted Amazon yet, might be a glitch? Anyone else using Amazon have any issue with this?

*EDIT* it's a widespread issue with Amazon, affecting many customers. They are aware and have addressed the developers to correct it. An Amazon agent gave me an immediate response to my query along with a refund and a promo credit as a goodwill gesture.

Last edited by rattle axis; 03-09-2015 at 07:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 07:53 AM

8,547 posts, read 14,052,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
The wolves are coming.
They definitely are. I'm just wondering if we'll meet them prior to the season finale or the season premier next year. There's only three episodes left, but the preview at the end of last night's episode gave me the impression that they're going to come across some trouble in the near future.

On a semi-related note, I can't believe Rick isn't demanding that they reconfigure the walls so that the bracing is on the inside. Seriously? This was the dumbest design possible even if it was just meant to keep out walkers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I think Rick reaching for the gun when Jessie and her husband walked by and then catching himself was just a reinforcement that these characters have been reduced to their most basest of instincts. They've been away from it so long that they have no idea how to conduct themselves in a civilized society.
Absolutely, Rick right now is basically a wolf in sheep's clothing. I think more than anyone else in the group at this point he's lost his humanity.

Old 03-09-2015, 08:08 AM

22,934 posts, read 28,318,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
On a semi-related note, I can't believe Rick isn't demanding that they reconfigure the walls so that the bracing is on the inside. Seriously? This was the dumbest design possible even if it was just meant to keep out walkers.
I thought the same thing. Especially when Deanne said her husband was a brilliant architect. I'm not even a semi-decent architect, and I took one look at the wall and said, "He was an idiot." Not only are the braces on the wrong side, but they are great ladders for any non-zombie invader who wants to get inside the community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
Absolutely, Rick right now is basically a wolf in sheep's clothing. I think more than anyone else in the group at this point he's lost his humanity.
This show, in essence, is about the collapse of civilized society. Civilization has collapsed and is beginning to rebuild itself. As nice 21st century Americans, we're often struck by the brutality shown, but this is exactly what human society was like for most of our existence. The origin of kings was not just a good publicist and coiffed hair-do. People gathered around the strong who could protect them, and the strong enforced their will on their subjects. Rick isn't necessarily becoming a bad guy. He's becoming a warlord. A king.

Old 03-09-2015, 08:48 AM

3,298 posts, read 2,478,613 times
Anyone else notice the reference to "Morgan" street?

I miss the flashbacks that used to begin the older episodes. Would be useful for the 'established' Alexandria residents.

Old 03-09-2015, 08:57 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,922,449 times
I think that we as viewers are supposed to feel suspicious, even paranoid, about Alexandria. That way, we will justify some of Rick's and Carol's behavior and caution in our own heads. But I think it'll turn out that the Alexandrians really are decent people (though naïve) and our group are becoming the monsters. The suspicious stuff about Alexandria is put in there to help us see it through Rick & company's eyes. If you've been fighting for survival against group after group of people who want to kill you, this group of "normal" people will look very suspicious.

Remember the theme that kept coming up in their dialogue last season: "You can't come back from this." "You don't come back from that." I think we're now seeing how the group that we're attached to (some of them anyway) are maybe too far gone to "come back" from it all.

Old 03-09-2015, 09:17 AM

2,084 posts, read 2,625,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattle axis View Post
I thought about this a little, could be just as it appears with the adultery idea. But, could it be not so much of the carnal nature, rather that Rick sees her as his "in" to finding out more about the group? She's been almost overly friendly and accomodating to him right from the start. Seems she'd be the best point of access for gathering deeper intel on the group and compound. Him playing into her might just be her playing into his plans. We all know something seems to be brewing, even a takeover if needed. He may see her as a tool for calculating alliances and getting a read on people's capabilities should the group parse into oppositions.
Not a bad idea, and I hope something like this is the case. It seems so ridiculous for him to kiss her on the cheek like that since he hasn't even kissed Carol, Michonne or the other women in even a friendly gesture. It also partially explains his defensive reaction to Jessie and her husband walking by - shows he's paranoid of everyone and isn't truly that comfortable with her.

And the Alexandrians could be using her to get close to him by bonding over their kids, etc. I would think Rick is smart enough to figure that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I think that we as viewers are supposed to feel suspicious, even paranoid, about Alexandria. That way, we will justify some of Rick's and Carol's behavior and caution in our own heads. But I think it'll turn out that the Alexandrians really are decent people (though naïve) and our group are becoming the monsters. The suspicious stuff about Alexandria is put in there to help us see it through Rick & company's eyes. If you've been fighting for survival against group after group of people who want to kill you, this group of "normal" people will look very suspicious.
I was also thinking this. Rick and his group are unreliable narrators in this case. As an audience, we have seen everything they've been through, so we suspect Alexandria just as much as they do since we've been through the ride. I could see one of them breaking down and threatening the town, just to have the reveal that they are...not bad people! In a way we kind of got that with Carol and her reaction to Jessie's kid.

If they do become the monsters, then that becomes an interesting parallel with the Terminus guys.

Old 03-09-2015, 09:21 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,555,653 times
Yes to all of this

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Deanna seemed a little off in this episode if you aske me, like, this little utopia, I've built in my mind is going to work, no matter what other reality exist outside those walls; almost like she's holding on to her idea for dear life. I'm probably reading too much into it, she just seemed a little desperate suppressing her own fears.

Though Sasha, shows signs of PTSD, I was with her when said to that woman something about, that's all you are worried about, as if all is right with the world, I get trying to live a normal life, but, you can't expect these new people to integrate so swiftly as if all they've been doing is out on camping adventures with least of their worries being a home cooked meal and cocktail hours. Have the decency to read the womans face and she's not comfortable.

Daryl and Aaron, sitting in a tree. Honestly, with all the rumors that had been stirring lately, I almost expected those two to kiss. But good Daryl finally took a shower or at the very least wiped down.

Carole is a hoot, scary for sure, but a bit comical at the same time. She truly may be the one to fear most, Rick right at her shirt tails.

Speaking of Rick, he better get a grip and take a cold one. I do think he sensed there were some problems between Jessie and Hubby, she also made it clear that something was amiss by some of what she said during their conversation, things weren't always, better before, she said it more than once. Plus hubby gives off a bad vibe that's not hard to miss. Jess almost seems a little frightened of hubby or that could be a ploy. I don't know just yet.

Where's the preacher, did he get eaten and they just didn't show that part as they've not been able to fit everything in between all the commercials and thought maybe none would miss his absence.

Good episode, the place is indeed creepy and we all are just waiting for the next shoe to drop, just like some of Rick's crew are. We know it's coming and even we aren't sitting comfortably. I'm just afraid of who how many we are going to be losing and how it will all go down.

Old 03-09-2015, 09:36 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,896,111 times
I've been to cocktail parties like that. Like bringing a pack of wild dogs into your home and hope they don't pee on the floor. I have a feeling this isn't going to turn out well, not well at all.

Old 03-09-2015, 09:57 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,801,305 times
Maybe Rick didn't "feel" that way about the other women in the group because he saw them as equals, or unfit as mothers for Judith.

Carol - a warrior who would probably kill a child before she would sacrifice herself. Other then that she's better out fighting then being back home tending to a baby.

Michonne - also a warrior, whom Rick sees as his near equal.

Maggie and Rosita are both spoken for, and I don't think Rick is ready to kill Glenn or Abraham over them.

Tara is a lesbian, so that basically leaves Sasha, whom Rick just probably isn't in to or is not in the frame of mind for motherhood.

Something in his head must've just clicked when he saw Jessie holding his baby and he just went all caveman all of a sudden, in his mind at least. She's the right age, pretty and she isn't tainted by the outside world. She's someone whom he thinks would be the perfect choice to raise Judith. It didn't matter if she's married - that's all old world stuff. In his mind he takes what he needs for the survival of his pack, and her husband is just someone in his way whom he would kill with little forethought.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:22 AM

24,539 posts, read 17,291,517 times
I think Carol is awesome and what she said to that kid about tying him to a tree for the monsters. She would do it.
Her only equal is Rick, they have both killed people before but Rick has done so in protecting himself in a fight whereas Carol has been more calculating and premeditated.
She is a survivor and will do anything to keep going. Remember in terminus when she donned the "meat poncho" to blend in and she shot that lady in the leg to let the walkers come in to eat her. She deserved it but still it was cold.

As for the KISS I think Rick is thinking about amore. He has been on the road so long facing all kinds of horrible things so a bit of tenderness would be welcome. I wonder if Alexandria takes in "good" people to ensure babies to repopulate? In that case the blonde he kissed may have set her sights on him as a source of new genes?

As for the fence supports being backwards maybe the fence was designed to keep people in??

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop in this Alexandria Utopia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV