Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2015, 12:10 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
I've been to cocktail parties like that. Like bringing a pack of wild dogs into your home and hope they don't pee on the floor. I have a feeling this isn't going to turn out well, not well at all.
You stole those lines from Maggie last night on TD! The wild dogs and peeing.

I was holding my breath when Carol was threatening Sam. I half expected him to jump out that window! He will tell his mother at some point I bet.

That kiss was a risky move. Don't know where the doc was. You could tell from last night when Jess wanted to go refresh the drinks and the week before he is one of those control freaks and uber jealous.

Deana had such a nasty look on her face when Sasha was off to do guard duty. She put Sasha on her "list" right then and there. Yes, Spencer was supposed to be on guard duty but I think Deanna said that to shut Sasha up. Deanna is nice until her authority is challenged.

Daryl, Daryl, Daryl. A motorcycle was your price, huhn?

We get to see the preacher next week. Only 3 more episodes!!! Didn't it just start up again?? I don't like these half seasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 12:15 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,899,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
You stole those lines from Maggie last night on TD! The wild dogs and peeing.

I was holding my breath when Carol was threatening Sam. I half expected him to jump out that window! He will tell his mother at some point I bet.

That kiss was a risky move. Don't know where the doc was. You could tell from last night when Jess wanted to go refresh the drinks and the week before he is one of those control freaks and uber jealous.

Deana had such a nasty look on her face when Sasha was off to do guard duty. She put Sasha on her "list" right then and there. Yes, Spencer was supposed to be on guard duty but I think Deanna said that to shut Sasha up. Deanna is nice until her authority is challenged.

Daryl, Daryl, Daryl. A motorcycle was your price, huhn?

We get to see the preacher next week. Only 3 more episodes!!! Didn't it just start up again?? I don't like these half seasons.
Maggie wasn't on TD last night.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:16 PM

2,920 posts, read 1,985,284 times
This thread's up to 254 pages so the show must be worth checking out. I have it on my list on Netflix but every time I consider watching it the zombie thing doesn't thrill me so I pass it by. I'll give it a shot I guess.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:18 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Maggie wasn't on TD last night.
No but on "Inside TWD" was and that is where Maggie had that comment.

Oh, Buttons' death had me choked up. All I could think of was S1E1. Kill all the walkers and other humans no problem, kill an animal...

Old 03-09-2015, 12:29 PM

3,983 posts, read 5,015,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
This thread's up to 254 pages so the show must be worth checking out. I have it on my list on Netflix but every time I consider watching it the zombie thing doesn't thrill me so I pass it by. I'll give it a shot I guess.
I don't like zombies either as a rule. BUT I LOVE THIS SHOW!

Give it a try...for me, it only took one episode. No kidding!

Old 03-09-2015, 12:31 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Deanna wants to build a perfect stepford like society I think. She is all smiles hosting cocktail parties but how will she handle the strife a large society often brings? Banishing non-conformists maybe? How many "governments" like the one she is hoping to set up collapse over politics and the like?

And a pasta maker? Really? That should not be on the list of priorities at all to collect while out on run, Even if it happens to be at a place they are at. He should have told them to take a walk to the local mall and get one themselves.

The show may be giving us a red herring in how are heroes are now turning bad, While the ASZ is really far worse.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:41 PM

2,920 posts, read 1,985,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
I don't like zombies either as a rule. BUT I LOVE THIS SHOW!

Give it a try...for me, it only took one episode. No kidding!
Alright, I'll give it a gander this afternoon ShellNic. Thanks for the tip. It's just anytime I've seen zombie movies they've been pretty much the same. Just due to the way they walk they'd be easy to make a Barry Sanders-like move to get past them, or just easy to run away from.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:48 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,899,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Alright, I'll give it a gander this afternoon ShellNic. Thanks for the tip. It's just anytime I've seen zombie movies they've been pretty much the same. Just due to the way they walk they'd be easy to make a Barry Sanders-like move to get past them, or just easy to run away from.
I thought the same thing. But this show is so much more. After the first season, the zombies aren't event he scary thing anymore. It's other people. the show is more about struggling for survival, what you'll do and how far you'll go. The zombies are just background.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:50 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored chick View Post
Jessie needs to fall back off of Rick's d!ck. Every time he turns around, she is there. She is a married woman. She needs to act like it.
Most people seem to be putting the onus on Rick in pushing this adulterous relationship forward. However, I seem to remember her offering to cut his hair when the man had just practically stepped out of the shower. Maybe a good wife, or just a smart cautious person would've just slid the basket over to him and offered to cut his hair back at her own house while her husband was present. But she can "take care of [herself]"

K.

I'll chalk the meeting when he kicked over her sculpture as pure happenstance.
Then we get to see the husband doing his porchdick routine, so we have to assume he has SAID SOMETHING to her about him behind closed doors, but yet there she is again, holding his baby and able to have a word with him at the party in a secluded spot with no one else around. Then this after a little spat between her and the hubs over drinks (I thought he was going to drug him) and him trying to assert his stature by letting Rick know he was doctor. Coincidence?

Old 03-09-2015, 12:55 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,507,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
I hope the writers aren't trying to change Rick's character randomly and out of the blue like some tv writers do.
Rick's character is following the comics. It's not random. Remember that the entire show comes from source material even if they deviate every now and then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV