Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2015, 12:55 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I think Sasha has full-fledged PTSD. She's still in complete shock about these people and how they are living, and (justifiably) flew off the handle when the other woman was all concerned about making a special meal. "B*tch we ate dogs! People tried to eat us! And you're concerned about a stupid dinner party!"
Exactly, I would have been fine with her back handing that one. well just this way anyhoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
I don't like zombies either as a rule. BUT I LOVE THIS SHOW!

Give it a try...for me, it only took one episode. No kidding!

Yep, before this show, I detested such fair, I was adamant about not tuning in, got bored one day was flipping through netflix, watched the first episode and was hooked line and sinker; I watched that entire season in one weekend and both seasons before week was over. I was jonesing for the season 3 like a meth addict. I never would have believed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Alright, I'll give it a gander this afternoon ShellNic. Thanks for the tip. It's just anytime I've seen zombie movies they've been pretty much the same. Just due to the way they walk they'd be easy to make a Barry Sanders-like move to get past them, or just easy to run away from.
Like ShellNic said give it a try, it still may turn out not to be for you, but, give chance and see what you think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 01:27 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I think Carol is awesome and what she said to that kid about tying him to a tree for the monsters. She would do it.
In an interview, actress Melissa McBride pointed out that Carol wasn't threatening Sam and at no time did she indicate she would harm him.
She was telling him what she knew could happen if the Alexandrians continue to be naive about the extent of the danger.

In Carol's mind, the survivors must have those guns. It they remain unarmed like the Alexandrians, then a natural consequence could very well be that Sam gets tied to a tree by bad guys and/or eaten alive by walkers. Ever since Sophie, she's probably beat up on herself for not scaring her daughter into staying close to her. We saw that with the weapons lesson at the prison and again with Sam: Carol absolutely believes kids need to "scared safe".

Not that Sam made that distinction. It probably will backfire for him in that he'll never be as scared of anything as he is of Carol, he'd probably run from her right into a walker's arms!
Terrific scene.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:32 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,560,181 times
Quote:
Maggie wasn't on TD last night.
The Talking Dead, last night, in one of their special segments, Inside the Walking Dead, indicated that Lauren Cohan said the thing about the cocktail party and how they felt like it was like inviting wild dogs in and hoping they don't pee on the floor.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:37 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,899,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
The Talking Dead, last night, in one of their special segments, Inside the Walking Dead, indicated that Lauren Cohan said the thing about the cocktail party and how they felt like it was like inviting wild dogs in and hoping they don't pee on the floor.
Gotcha. They usually play those right after a commercial break, and I'm not back in the room yet.

Old 03-09-2015, 02:21 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
Quote:
Gotcha. They usually play those right after a commercial break, and I'm not back in the room yet.
That is what I said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
No but on "Inside TWD" was and that is where Maggie had that comment.

Oh, Buttons' death had me choked up. All I could think of was S1E1. Kill all the walkers and other humans no problem, kill an animal...

Old 03-09-2015, 02:27 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,899,573 times
Did see that earlier Tami.

Old 03-09-2015, 02:32 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,038,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
This thread's up to 254 pages so the show must be worth checking out. I have it on my list on Netflix but every time I consider watching it the zombie thing doesn't thrill me so I pass it by. I'll give it a shot I guess.

I felt the same way about about the "zombie thing." My 78 year old aunt had been bugging me to watch TWD since it started. I finally caved this past summer and I am SO glad I did! I binge watched the first four seasons to be caught up for this season. Give it a shot. You have nothing to lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
No but on "Inside TWD" was and that is where Maggie had that comment.

Oh, Buttons' death had me choked up. All I could think of was S1E1. Kill all the walkers and other humans no problem, kill an animal...

I kept my eyes closed. I'm like you, kill all the walkers and humans you want, but leave the animals alone! I was yelling at the tv last night, NOT AGAIN!

Except for Buttons, I loved the episode.

Old 03-09-2015, 02:49 PM

32,104 posts, read 34,720,210 times
I don't get the "this is out of Rick's character" comments. He's not the same man that stepped onto the Greene family farm in Season 2. That was the nice guy Rick who begged and pleaded with Hershel not to throw him and his people out. This Rick doesn't beg; he just takes.

Old 03-09-2015, 03:08 PM

2,605 posts, read 2,711,744 times
Are Rick and his people just unlucky & bring bad luck to wherever they go?

Hershel was living fairly well with his family in his farm house. Then Rick and Co show up & the barn gets over run by walkers. That one was Rick's fault for killing Shane. Ok it happens

Now they are in this nice community that survived in peace for past 2 years against all odd. This Alexandria group seems to be extremely lucky. Yet we all know what will happen now that Rick's crew is here. It will be over run by walkers due to bad luck or freak of nature.

Old 03-09-2015, 03:16 PM

8,624 posts, read 10,148,927 times
This is my first post here as I finally got up caught up to the show by last night's episode so I can post here and not spoil myself. I'm a huge fan. In any case, just saw this:

AMC's 'Walking Dead' prequel lands two-season order - CNN.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV