Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2014, 09:31 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,259,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
I wonder why they cant keep them... Maybe because theyd be on Ebay pretty quick, lol
Probably, or maybe they'd wear them later if they tried to start their own restaurant and use it as an advertising gimmick or something? Who knows. Something Ramsay wouldn't like?

As for the Courtney thing, I don't care either about her job and such. Just does make you wonder if she isn't getting certain treatment for it. Her food and cooking skills seem good, but we don't know what really goes on, for sure. Who knows, if the whole thing isn't rigged anyway. I still watch. I'm surprised Cutter is still there, otherwise everyone else seems alright by me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 01:47 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,573,613 times
I wonder if the jackets are copyrighted because of the logo or typeset or something, and using them other than on the show would be copyright infringement? Just a thought.

As for Courtney, you've gotta give her credit ~~ whether she's dangling from giant hula-hoops in a bikini bottom and sporting nothing on top but hot pink n*****s, or occasionally cooking on Master Chef, she looks good in those heels. They seem to be her trademark...I can see her promos for her Master Chef Cookbook ~~ hanging upside down and semi-nude, wearing her trademark heels, swinging from a giant MC logo hoop, reading her cookbook out loud to an audience.

I wonder if her career choice is one reason she hasn't seen her little brother or her family in over a year?

Old 09-01-2014, 02:23 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,465,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post

I wonder if her career choice is one reason she hasn't seen her little brother or her family in over a year?
That actually makes sense. She said she really missed her brother, but she gave no explanation as to why she hadn't seen him in a year. If her family is against her career choice, maybe that could be why. I also wonder if winning MC would be her way of finding a more "respectable" career and getting back into their good graces.

Even if my speculations are correct, I still don't want her to win.

Old 09-01-2014, 03:39 PM

17,585 posts, read 15,259,939 times
There's no production reason they can't keep the jackets or aprons. It's just the 'exit method'.. On HC you hand in your jacket.. on MC, you leave the apron.

They have probably 10 aprons per person made up.. 5 white, 5 black.. Since they all also have the current season logo on them.. I imagine they do let people go home with those.

Here's something that was touched on a while back.. Talking about tasting.. Remember that there is this big thing called editing.. What we see, isn't what actually happened.

Top 24 of Master Chef Season 3! DID I DESERVE TO KEEP MY APRON???? | Currylicious

That's from S3.. Someone who didn't make it to the top 24..The most interesting part of that article, for me, is this..

Quote:
We are asked to leave the room and let the judges taste and make their decisions!!!!I have a splitting headache by the end of this and am about to pass out.
So, it was discussed a little earlier.. They were tasting throughout and that's how they made their decision.. Someone wondered why it never happened that someone came up with a plate that was awful, but was really good during the judges tasting while they cooked.. Well.. There's the answer. Everyone's removed, the judges taste all finished plates, then call up the top 3.

Old 09-02-2014, 01:45 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,573,613 times
That makes more sense. I thought it was kind of lame that they'd just randomly pick three dishes and decide on those 3 only. I'm glad they actually do taste each contestant's dish...

Old 09-02-2014, 07:27 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
As soon as the pressure challenge started, I knew it was Jamie's time.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:29 AM

800 posts, read 1,297,360 times
Jamie needed to go home, she was barley able to keep from having a nervous breakdown in the kitchen takeover and passed her captain status over pretty quickly. i know at this point everything is pretty much fixed by the producers but i still don't know why cutter is around. hes certainly next to go, just curious who the producers will keep around for the final, Leslie vs Courtney or Leslie vs Elizabeth

Old 09-02-2014, 10:43 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
I was clapping and screaming when Courtney put a not so great dish up for Gordon....

Old 09-02-2014, 12:49 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
Glad Leslie finally didn't have to do a pressure cooker test. I was afraid Cutter would try to sabotage him.

Also glad to see Jamie finally go. She may be a sweet person but trying to understand what she was saying got grating after a while, and she's clearly uncomfortable being in any kind of a leader position.

Cutter HAS to go next week. No ifs, ands, or buts!

Don't care about Courtney. Everything about her is fake.

After Cutter is finally cut, Christian might be next. I hope not, but he didn't look enthused about next week's challenge, and he's not exactly a worldly cook.

Hoping for a Leslie-Elizabeth showdown.

Old 09-02-2014, 01:24 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,545,112 times
OMG why does she talk like that- like an old granny- LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV