Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2014, 07:39 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,368,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
Did anyone notice that in Jamie's "after interview" where she was talking about her experience on Master Chef her voice was much more steady and clear. I'll bet that was filmed just recently as a re-take over her initial after-interview to show that her voice has been significantly helped by whatever treatments she's been undergoing.

I would love to see an Elizabeth/Christian finale. I would love for the two egos to go home, and for Elizabeth to win. She seems so genuine and she's been a good cook. Courtney has barely had any real cooking time, and Leslie, although doing a really good job, is such an egomaniac.
I don't know. I have said it before, I think stress could make it worse, as it does with many illnesses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 08:22 AM

703 posts, read 2,943,164 times
Leslie will not win. The producers will make sure of that. No one would buy his cookbooks, he's just not someone that general people will like thus may taint the MC name. They want people like Christine, Lucas, etc. to win, i.e., likable and personable people. The same goes for the stripper Courtney (me being the cynic, I say she's going to parlay this into a nice paycheck from Hugh Hefner down the road).

Elizabeth is the most marketable of the bunch left. Carter is no good and too boorish, while Christian comes off as too arrogant and "punk-ish."

Last edited by psychofan; 09-03-2014 at 09:04 AM..

Old 09-03-2014, 08:44 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
I was happy to see Jaimie go. She was clearly not up to it, virtually falling apart at every task. For cripes sake, she was kneeling on the floor. What in the world? And her tower was terrible.

The right one went home last week.

Old 09-03-2014, 04:11 PM

17,596 posts, read 15,266,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I was happy to see Jaimie go. She was clearly not up to it, virtually falling apart at every task. For cripes sake, she was kneeling on the floor. What in the world? And her tower was terrible.
She had the best looking tower of all three, I thought.. So far as dimensions and structure.. Apparently that was because it was held together with super-glue, however.

Courtney's was the best overall.. Having the spun sugar, but it was leaning a tad and if I recall, had a dent on one side.. Kinda like the Christmas tree where you put the bald spot facing the wall.. Not anything really wrong with it, but, you know that spot's there.

Doesn't it always seem to be the way, when a challenge is tailored to someone, they fail miserably at it?

The whole Cutter/Leslie thing.. Both of them are at fault on that. Leslie was attempting to be overbearing.. Cutter was sticking his nose to make decisions that weren't his to make.. Both of them looked like the tools they are in that exchange.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:37 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,575,923 times
Joe's blog from Monday's episode: (He blogs every week for Parade Magazine)

Joe Bastianich on MasterChef: 'Cutter's Food Isn't the Only Thing That's Outdated'

Old 09-04-2014, 06:59 AM

Well I read that and I don't think I will read any more of his commentary. It's one thing for people like us to say things like that about the contestants but I didn't think he should be talking ill of a contestant that way. While Jaimee was a likable contestant and did well, I feel like medically she could not hack it anymore.

I kind of wish I hadn't clicked on that link. I always felt like he was pretentious but geez.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:35 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,465,949 times
Let me get this straight: Cutter can't cook, has a boorish attitude and causes disharmony and strife whenever he can, yet he's still there. Why didn't Joe & Co. get rid of Cutter the six times they had? Five of them were in a row! Personally, I think Leslie's team should have been in the pressure test this week, because of the disharmony and strife Cutter caused with Leslie. There was no harmony in that kitchen, and Cutter proved, yet again, that he's definitely the weakest cook there. For Joe to rant about Cutter the way he did is pathetic. He's a judge! He can change Cutter's position at any time! They've had plenty of opportunities to get rid of Cutter and passed on all of them. Cutter should have been gone when he argued with the judges about what is considered "too sweet". For Joe to criticize Cutter for being Cutter grates on my nerves. They've been putting up with Cutter and his attitude, so why rant about it now? Joe is my least favorite judge. He always has been. I don't know who he is, and until this show, had never seen him anywhere else on TV. This article doesn't win him any favors with me, and in addition to not liking him, I now think he's as big a jerk as I think Cutter is.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by senalj View Post
Let me get this straight: Cutter can't cook, has a boorish attitude and causes disharmony and strife whenever he can, yet he's still there. Why didn't Joe & Co. get rid of Cutter the six times they had? Five of them were in a row! Personally, I think Leslie's team should have been in the pressure test this week, because of the disharmony and strife Cutter caused with Leslie. There was no harmony in that kitchen, and Cutter proved, yet again, that he's definitely the weakest cook there. For Joe to rant about Cutter the way he did is pathetic. He's a judge! He can change Cutter's position at any time! They've had plenty of opportunities to get rid of Cutter and passed on all of them. Cutter should have been gone when he argued with the judges about what is considered "too sweet". For Joe to criticize Cutter for being Cutter grates on my nerves. They've been putting up with Cutter and his attitude, so why rant about it now? Joe is my least favorite judge. He always has been. I don't know who he is, and until this show, had never seen him anywhere else on TV. This article doesn't win him any favors with me, and in addition to not liking him, I now think he's as big a jerk as I think Cutter is.
I agree with this whole post.

Old 09-04-2014, 11:26 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,817,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
Joe's blog from Monday's episode: (He blogs every week for Parade Magazine)

Joe Bastianich on MasterChef: 'Cutter's Food Isn't the Only Thing That's Outdated'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Well I read that and I don't think I will read any more of his commentary. It's one thing for people like us to say things like that about the contestants but I didn't think he should be talking ill of a contestant that way. While Jaimee was a likable contestant and did well, I feel like medically she could not hack it anymore.

I kind of wish I hadn't clicked on that link. I always felt like he was pretentious but geez.
Am I reading something different than all of you? Or did it change? When I click that link, while there's a brief suggestion that Cutter's food isn't good ("outdated") the comment seems to be far more about Cutter suggesting that a man who stays at home while his wife works is a "house b...." - or in other words, sounds like Joe is calling Cutter out for saying something sexist. I don't get the animosity towards that. Joe's comments seem fairly benign. He says nice things about Jaimee, says the judges still got it right by sending her home, and says he disagrees with Cutter's sexist comment to Leslie. What's so pretentious?

Old 09-04-2014, 12:12 PM

2,722 posts, read 5,472,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitBanana View Post
Am I reading something different than all of you? Or did it change? When I click that link, while there's a brief suggestion that Cutter's food isn't good ("outdated") the comment seems to be far more about Cutter suggesting that a man who stays at home while his wife works is a "house b...." - or in other words, sounds like Joe is calling Cutter out for saying something sexist. I don't get the animosity towards that. Joe's comments seem fairly benign. He says nice things about Jaimee, says the judges still got it right by sending her home, and says he disagrees with Cutter's sexist comment to Leslie. What's so pretentious?
I agree. I read it and wondered where the outrage was coming from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV