Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2014, 06:51 PM

226 posts, read 284,955 times

Advertisements

Is Courtney the greatest villian in MC history?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2014, 08:50 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,466,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by land161 View Post
Is Courtney the greatest villian in MC history?
I don't know. I know she irritates me, but not as much as Krissy (last season). But they irritate me for different reasons. Courtney doesn't really cook! I mean, she wears nice dresses and pumps to the kitchen everyday, but cooking isn't her strong suit. She does everything she can to save herself from having to cook. Krissy, on the other hand, could really cook, she was just too catty for my taste. Every time I turned around, she was in a rivalry with someone. She hated everyone in the MC kitchen, but at least she could cook! I think that irritated me the most about Krissy: she didn't need to resort to talking bad about anyone, because she had the talent to outshine a lot of her competitors. Her attitude was horrible, when it didn't need to be.

Old 08-16-2014, 02:11 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,575,923 times
Natasha was a witch, too, but she was also an excellent cook. She came in 2nd last season. I don't remember a villain in seasons 1 & 2. There were a couple of people who were downright snarky, but not really villains. It was much more about cooking the first two and maybe third seasons. I hope they can pull it back on track and get down to some really challenging contests that showcase the cooks' abilities, and weeding out the non-cooks like Courtney.

Old 08-16-2014, 09:12 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,861,934 times
I'm no fan of Courtney, but how can she not cook? She's one of the stronger cooks there. She avoids cooking by being better, not because of what she wears. She only 'saved' herself once and been consistently in the top. Cooking isn't the issue, her personality on TV is.

Old 08-16-2014, 09:58 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,466,168 times
I think Courtney only gets the rave reviews from the judges, in part, because of how she looks and acts around them. She talks a great game, but she hasn't cooked enough for anyone to say she's a great cook. If she weren't a young, attractive woman who dresses the way she does, the judges wouldn't view her in such high regard (in my opinion). They expect great food from her because of their views of her, and not necessarily because of her cooking talent. I bet their ideas about her dishes would change if they had to do a blind tasting. As shows like this and Project Runway have proven, judges can be swayed when they have a favorite. And they all have a favorite. Courtney is the favorite of these judges this season. If you think back, their favorites each season (the chefs they rave about) have been women. Even when the men have been better cooks. Luca (last season) wasn't even a favorite, and he won.

Old 08-17-2014, 01:17 AM

884 posts, read 1,062,713 times
It seems that every competition that Courtney actually cooks in, the choice of item is always in her favor based on her prior cook experiences. (For example, cooking Italian food and pastas....she said she was 3rd generation Italian, then she also noted that her family runs a business of some type with fast food or cart food....just so happened to align with that competition.) There seem to be quite a bit of Italian choices of foods for competitions. There were a few other comps that seemed to favor Courtney.....well no wonder she wins. Had she had to cook that prawn, would she have won? I don't think so.

Old 08-18-2014, 07:31 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,113,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by senalj View Post
I bet their ideas about her dishes would change if they had to do a blind tasting.
That would be an excellent idea. make the chefs all put their dishes up front for review, then have the chefs come out and taste each one. AFTER they critique a dish, have the chef who prepared it step forward.

But that would never happen, because then the judges can't manipulate the show as they see fit.

Old 08-18-2014, 09:43 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,861,934 times
I really think y'all are over-reading comps specially for her. Italian is a mainstay, especially with ego Joe around. It's always on MC. I agree they always have favorites, but I don't believe they'd drag a crap favorite to the end. I definitely don't agree about a blind tasting. These guys have good enough palates not to fooled by a dress and high-heels.

Old 08-18-2014, 04:20 PM

884 posts, read 1,062,713 times
I sure hope high heels, make up, dresses, cheesy smiles, and flickering of the hair constantly do not have an influence. Just sayin......ahem....Courtney!!!!

Old 08-18-2014, 04:50 PM

10,179 posts, read 11,167,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth_cali View Post
I sure hope high heels, make up, dresses, cheesy smiles, and flickering of the hair constantly do not have an influence. Just sayin......ahem....Courtney!!!!
Not a fan of hers...

I want Leslie to win.. Since not many like him. Hah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV