Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2014, 10:19 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I can't stand Leslie or Courtney, but I know when I'm being manipulated. They are both taking turns at acting obnoxious. By not tasting everyone's dishes, the judges are able to manipulate the outcome.
Both of them are very competent, and either could win. As always with television, the next Master Chef will be the best actor and the most photogenic. The "losers" were already programmed in before the show even started. Cutter is only still there so they have someone to pick on. They can't pick on Jaime, because she has a condition, and Elizabeth turns out a good dish every time. That leaves poor Christian, who will probably be the next target for elimination.
I absolutely agree. With only 7 people remaining, I really feel like there should be no reason why they can't taste everyones dishes. I am really over this Courtney business.

I think last season Luca kind of had the judges favor.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2014, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
Big Willie shouldn't have made it this far. It was beyond his time to go.
Next up has to be Cutter. Just has to be!

I like Elizabeth and Christian the best. Then Leslie. Courtney doesn't rank in my like able chart. Unfortunately she can apparently cook though so I have to keep seeing her week after week.

I don't get the kitty reference. What did I miss?
Elizabeth said something like if Courtney wins the mystery box challenge that she was going to stab kittens.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:24 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,471,218 times
LMAO!! Yep, I missed that!!

Old 08-26-2014, 10:30 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,545,112 times
yes that was kinda cray cray lol - i'm surprised leslies team won- they were a disaster but produced the best of all.

Old 08-26-2014, 11:44 AM

3,300 posts, read 3,026,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I can't stand Leslie or Courtney, but I know when I'm being manipulated. They are both taking turns at acting obnoxious. By not tasting everyone's dishes, the judges are able to manipulate the outcome.
This! It was so painfully obvious last night that Courtney had to be the winner of the apple challenge so that she could mastermind the pairing of the teams.

Old 08-26-2014, 11:54 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,295,927 times
Someone else might have mentioned this (or maybe I read it elsewhere), but one of the main problems with Courtney, and the thing that will be so unsatisfying if she wins, is that she has done far less cooking than any of the remaining contestants.

I don't feel that in a cooking contest one of the advantages is that you get to NOT cook. The winner of the first round should have to cook and their advantage should be immunity.

Old 08-26-2014, 12:19 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Hmmm...MC didn't air here last night, due to a baseball game.

Old 08-26-2014, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Hmmm...MC didn't air here last night, due to a baseball game.
I hate when that happens!

Old 08-26-2014, 03:46 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,465,730 times
I'm just watching to see it through to the end, but I know Courtney is going to win. She's cooked the least because the judges keep crowning her the winner, but she really doesn't contribute much. If she wins, she'll probably be the least liked contestant thus far. Pretty won't sell cookbooks, because women won't buy it. (At least I don't think women will buy a cookbook by a pretty woman who hasn't cooked enough to sell us on her cooking abilities.) I guess they'll have to figure that out the hard way.

I knew Willie was going home when I saw their presentation. I hated to see it happen, but we all knew it was coming. I think he was overwhelmed in this challenge, much more than he should have been.

Christian has proven himself a good cook, and I was hoping he would pull this one out, but he didn't get enough help from Willie. I think if he had been able to do it on his own, he would have fared much better. I hope he gets to stick around. I'm not holding out much hope, because Courtney has a target on his back. She knows he's good and he saved her last week. She wouldn't be a mean girl if she didn't repay him by getting him eliminated.

I knew Elizabeth and Cutter were doomed when they were paired together. I can't believe Cutter survived yet another elimination. It is really getting on my nerves that I can't figure out why he's still there. There has to be a reason, I just can't figure it out.

Elizabeth was unfortunate to be paired with Cutter, but I knew she wasn't going anywhere. She's consistent in her cooking, and has proven she has skill.

Leslie is just a pain! He's on and off. I'm not as irritated by him as I am by Courtney, but I'm definitely irritated by him. I think he should have listened to Jaimee more, but he knows everything, so I knew that wasn't going to happen. He's arrogant and I really want him to leave. He's toned his attitude down a little, but it does come out in sporadic bursts.

Jaimee was dealt a bad hand this week, but I'm glad they were able to pull it out. I like her, and I have a feeling if her team had been in the bottom she would have gone home. The judges like Leslie, for some reason, so he's safe for a little while longer.

I can't wait for next week's episode. I hope Cutter and Leslie get into it so bad that both of them are sent home. The previews make it look like Gordon has to get involved, and you know that's not good! The only thing that would make this better is if Courtney is on Leslie's team and actually has to cook in the pressure cooker. (I'm hoping Leslie's team goes to the pressure cooker, so we can finally get rid of Cutter.)

Last edited by senalj; 08-26-2014 at 04:22 PM..

Old 08-26-2014, 03:53 PM

There has got to be a Courtney sucks website somewhere. I don't even think she is pretty. She smears on the lipstick and puts her heels and dress on and she is just a winner.

I just don't get it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV