Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2014, 09:47 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,861,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitBanana View Post
LOL I thought to myself, "I hope Elizabeth wins, but if it's Courtney, that will be hilarious." Mostly, because I figured people here would freak out.
Yeah me too. I giggled when I felt a shift in the force at CD. I knew that would not be popular. I dunno. I think they really mishandled the stripper deal. She seemed forced to act all sad and admit a 'horrible mistake'. Whatever. She still does that stuff it's just covered with the 'art' blanket so it's all good. Exploitation is never awesome but if she's in control, and it pays her bills, who are we to judge her. That's for her fake family. hehe

I don't really buy into the conspiracy theory though you never know. I think Leslie just goofed up. He is an unlikable jerk so maybe he was cut. I sure wouldn't want that guy as the face of anything I produced.

Anyhoo, I thought the final dishes sounded and looked awful. I'd never eat any of that food. Fun season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 09:53 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,298,453 times
Looking forward to Courtney Nose Cooking hitting the shelves.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:58 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,411,086 times
elisabeth didnt even know how to act when her rent-a-husband "fainted"

cant even enjoy cooking shows these days without fake stuff on it

Old 09-16-2014, 10:00 AM

997 posts, read 1,061,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
I am deeply, deeply suspicious of the "error" Leslie made in supposedly mistaking salt for sugar in his dessert.
When Gordon sampled Leslie's cake and his response was "Wow" I knew immediately that something was up.

Quote:
And when Joe made the comment, to seal the deal, "What baker hasn't made that mistake?" it sounded like something the producers told him to say so that the viewers would all nod their heads and, say, as if in a trance, "Yes, Joe said it so it must be true." I've been baking for 50+ years now and I haven't done that yet. Maybe because I don't keep my salt in a giant canister that is identical to the one I keep my sugar in.
I've been baking for 40 years and have NEVER made that mistake. Sugar and salt LOOK different, the size of the grains are very distinguishable. How could anyone mistake a cup of sugar for a cup of salt... seems impossible to me.

Quote:
My personal opinion is that the producers met with him and told him that he wasn't going to make it to the final two, and they gave him a choice of how he wanted to go out. I say this because he just seemed sort of, "Huh, how about that, well okay," when they told him about the "mistake." And Gordon is not a great actor.
Agreed 1000%. I know that reality tv is not real, but this just annoyed me to no end. I dislike Courtney immensely, would have preferred to see Elizabeth go up against Leslie. The fix was on, and blatantly so. I don't think I'll be watching next season.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:09 AM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
elisabeth didnt even know how to act when her rent-a-husband "fainted"

cant even enjoy cooking shows these days without fake stuff on it
They're pulling a an expert long-con if that isn't her husband. Her FB page has loads of pictures of them going back until at least 2008.

I agree that something was very off about the fainting scene, though.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:24 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
Well, that's one cookbook I'm not buying. I've bought the other four, but I'll skip this one. I'm really disappointed. The Hooker with Heels (oh, yeah, she worked in a "Gentleman's Club" not as a hooker) is not a good face for the MC brand.
Both my husband & I were glad to see Courtney win. Her Apps. & Entree were better made than Elizabeth's. And as far as working in a G. C. , so what, it has nothing to do with her cooking.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:33 AM

5,251 posts, read 3,610,760 times
So glad that Courtney won just to upset the prudes & conspiracy theorists here.... Elizabeth is a great cook with a huuuuge sense of entitlement, as per her crack about not working in a niteclub, her job as an ad exec..... Courtney wants to buy her mom a kitchen (did you see the size & condition of it?) in a working class neighborhood.

Good for her, she could use the $$$... Elizabeth can go back to her "exec" ad job in Manhattan.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:38 AM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
And as far as working in a G. C. , so what, it has nothing to do with her cooking.
It doesn't matter to me where she worked. She's the one who repeatedly brought it up all season long, so it's fair game. With the exception of Leslie, the rest of the contestants' back-stories were ignored entirely, or barely mentioned.

The producers chose to use that as her narrative, so it should have been obvious from the first time it was mentioned that they were going to milk it for all it was worth and that she'd end up winning.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:49 AM

10,236 posts, read 6,322,066 times
Courtney didn't win. Leslie LOST with that salt/sugar mistake. Courtney would have lost if not for that. Two of her three cakes were bad.

No, I did not like her. Chip on her shoulder in winning, and whiney when losing. Her attitude, not her occupation. I like Leslie. When it came right down to it, he was willing to give credit when credit was due. Did Courtney? No, just "I am better than anybody else".

BTW, I was a Dancer in Manhattan (weekends) 50 years ago, and made $50/dollar an hour back then. It paid more than my "office job" during the week in Manhattan too. One occupation is not any "better" than the other.

Old 09-16-2014, 12:09 PM

997 posts, read 1,061,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Courtney didn't win. Leslie LOST with that salt/sugar mistake. Courtney would have lost if not for that. Two of her three cakes were bad.

No, I did not like her. Chip on her shoulder in winning, and whiney when losing. Her attitude, not her occupation. I like Leslie. When it came right down to it, he was willing to give credit when credit was due. Did Courtney? No, just "I am better than anybody else".

BTW, I was a Dancer in Manhattan (weekends) 50 years ago, and made $50/dollar an hour back then. It paid more than my "office job" during the week in Manhattan too. One occupation is not any "better" than the other.
^ This.

What she does to support herself has absolutely no bearing on my feelings about her. She has a bad attitude that I find very ugly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV