Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 11:11 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,368,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalChubsta View Post
I still have the final eppie in my DVR not knowing who won until i stumbled upon an article online that said Courtney won. I just don't even want to watch it anymore LOL- I read that leslie mistook the sugar for salt and probably if it wouldn't have been for that he would have won?
UGH!! what a bummer!
And Joe said we have all done that at least once. I know I have never mistaken salt for sugar...ever.

I don't know that he would have won, but he would have beat Courtney and gotten into the final 2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2014, 04:14 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Stupid question...example...when they had to make all those diff doughnuts...
were they expected to know a recipe by heart...or
do they peek at a recipe book? And we don't see that they are...

Haha, my sister had lunch in Geneva, NY where Courtney graduated from Wed.

Old 09-19-2014, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Stupid question...example...when they had to make all those diff doughnuts...
were they expected to know a recipe by heart...or
do they peek at a recipe book? And we don't see that they are...

Haha, my sister had lunch in Geneva, NY where Courtney graduated from Wed.
I don't think it's a stupid question. There is no way all these home chefs know how to make donuts from scratch and have the recipe in their heads......

Old 09-19-2014, 06:47 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I don't think it's a stupid question. There is no way all these home chefs know how to make donuts from scratch and have the recipe in their heads......
I know, right? Do they keep it from us...the open books ...
the open laptops?

I just realized not all know Courtney's from Geneva, NY.

Old 09-20-2014, 01:37 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,574,783 times
Some real snarky writing about Courtney and the whole Master Chef show. Truth or Fiction? Probably some of both....

MasterChef Season 5 Fixed: Courtney Lapresi Won Finale After Getting Preferential Treatment - Former Stripper Favoritism | Celeb Dirty Laundry

Old 09-20-2014, 04:44 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,411,086 times
people just can't let this courney hatred go

we are talking about a reality show here

all you see is angry comments about

-her nose
-the way she stands
-her "baby voice"
-uh uh i aint buying her cookbook
-the judges blah blah blah

just get over it, damn she didnt even make "racial" or "phobic" comments and she is still hated

anyone on the internet that hates her; have you ever taste her food?

Old 09-20-2014, 05:31 PM

3,302 posts, read 3,029,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
people just can't let this courney hatred go

we are talking about a reality show here

all you see is angry comments about

-her nose
-the way she stands
-her "baby voice"
-uh uh i aint buying her cookbook
-the judges blah blah blah

just get over it, damn she didnt even make "racial" or "phobic" comments and she is still hated

anyone on the internet that hates her; have you ever taste her food?
It's a show on TV, people on TV are "celebrities" and it's a free country, so I pretty much am going to continue to exercise my right to snark on anyone I want to snark on. I'm not mad at her personally, and I don't hate her, I just didn't care for her persona as depicted on the show and I thought others were much more deserving of attention and the ultimate reward.

If I were brought onto a show and told how to act or what aspects of myself to emphasize, I might choose to do it, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised afterwards to find that viewers liked or didn't like the "me" I had chosen to portray.

I have definitely snarked on her in this forum (but not on her nose as I do not think that's fair because she didn't choose her nose). But I don't know of any adult female who:
1) Speaks in that baby's breath voice unless they are trying to impress a man (you will notice that she does not always use that voice, so it's not like she has a physical issue) or
2) Cooks while wearing 8" heels or
3) Was somehow forced against her will to be a dancer in a gentleman's club

She didn't choose her nose, but all of these she either chose (so I can rag on her choices) or the show told her to do them (so I can rag on her persona as created by the producers of the show).

If I had to taste her food, by the way, I would hope it would be one of her more normal dishes and not something where she was doing these odd pairings like the trout with pear and cheddar cheese which sounded absolutely nauseating and where even the judges said her flavors didn't make any sense.

Old 09-24-2014, 04:50 PM

884 posts, read 1,062,713 times
All I know is the season got more and more boring as it progressed, it was way too predictable.....and NO I am not interested in Courtney's cookbooks. SORRY! Just my opinion. The judges favored her way too many times when they knew it wasn't even right. Nothing personal against Courtney, she just didn't deserve to win if she was favored so much. Just saying.

Old 09-25-2014, 02:03 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,574,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth_cali View Post
All I know is the season got more and more boring as it progressed, it was way too predictable.....and NO I am not interested in Courtney's cookbooks. SORRY! Just my opinion. The judges favored her way too many times when they knew it wasn't even right. Nothing personal against Courtney, she just didn't deserve to win if she was favored so much. Just saying.
Elizabeth and Ahran called the judges out on favoring Courtney, and the next week, Courtney would either be on the losing team or save herself from having to do a pressure challenge. She was a lazy contestant who was given every out there was and even chose one for herself. We really don't know how she'd do in one of Gordon's kitchens with people ordering her around. Somehow I don't think she can work behind the scenes. She's more the scene stealer type. I think she'll bail on Gordon's offer, and instead, do the Caribbean Cruises with little Alexander and Graham, strictly for the (male) attention.

Old 09-25-2014, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
Elizabeth and Ahran called the judges out on favoring Courtney, and the next week, Courtney would either be on the losing team or save herself from having to do a pressure challenge. She was a lazy contestant who was given every out there was and even chose one for herself. We really don't know how she'd do in one of Gordon's kitchens with people ordering her around. Somehow I don't think she can work behind the scenes. She's more the scene stealer type. I think she'll bail on Gordon's offer, and instead, do the Caribbean Cruises with little Alexander and Graham, strictly for the (male) attention.
She did badly when they were working in that diner. Do you remember that episode? I really wanted Elizabeth to win, but knew full well that she couldn't because Courtney was her opponent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV