Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 04:09 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,368,313 times

Advertisements

Just finished watching. I swear this show is rigged. I thought so with Luca last year and Courtney this year.

I feel like I may not watch it next year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 05:19 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,466,168 times
I just finished watching, and I'm sickened by the results. The person who cooked the least and had the worst attitude wound up winning. Please! The judges doted on her all season and she won challenges she should have lost. When it counted, Leslie "messed up" big time to allow her to go to the finale. Just as they gave wins to Leslie he didn't deserve the last two episodes, they gave Courtney two wins she didn't deserve. Maybe she'll see that she's not as popular as everyone on the show led her to believe and her cookbook won't sell. If that happens, maybe MC will make some changes, to include making everyone cook after the mystery box challenge, just give immunity to the winner.

Next season is up in the air for me. I like some reality shows, but I can't stand it when good people are passed over for the producers' and judges' favorites. If the producers and judges feel the need to heavily influence the outcome, they need to be prepared for the public to react in a negative way. Then they'll scratch their heads and cancel the show when ratings tank, when all they need to do is leave well enough alone.

Well, at least I can look forward to MC Junior. Hopefully, the producers won't decide to make the kids act as horribly as the adults.

Old 09-16-2014, 06:53 PM

356 posts, read 281,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Looking forward to Courtney Nose Cooking hitting the shelves.
Bwahahahahaha!!!

Old 09-16-2014, 07:57 PM

3,457 posts, read 4,654,717 times
I just finished watching and yep, I agree with most people here. Elizabeth's dishes seemed a higher quality and more thought out and better executed, except for one plate of lamb. The Leslie error and the husband fainting seemed to be staged more than anything. I doubt we will watch next season as it is so obviously fake.

And does Joe actually believe any of the drivel that comes out of his own mouth? The whole speech about Courtney's dessert being more intellectual and blah blah blah. The comments about the salt and sugar and the look on his face when he tastes like "your food better taste like it cures cancer because mine certainly does", just over the edge.

Ratings and cookbook sales over substance. They sold the story of the poor girl who was a stripper who makes good. Pretty Woman all over again with Courtney as Julia Roberts and Gordon Ramsey as Richard Gere. GAG!!

Old 09-16-2014, 08:01 PM

947 posts, read 1,402,626 times
Master Chef being reality TV after all, let's not forget that, all else being approximately equal in terms of the two or three finalists' impressive cooking abilities, the show producers may look to crown a winner who they feel also has a certain emotional appeal to viewers. Thus, in Season 1 there was the 21-year old wonder Whitney; in Season 3 the inspiring blind cook Christine; in Season 4 the warm-hearted Comeback Kid Luca; and now in Season 5 the parable of the ex-stripper's redemption with Courtney.

Not sure about Courtney, but I'd guess that most of the viewing audience in previous seasons was rooting for Whitney, Christine, and Luca rather than their competitors.

Dare I say that I hope Courtney's cookbook will feature a fabulous rump roast? ;-)

Old 09-16-2014, 08:04 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,217,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Most of the other contestants had visible scowls on their faces when Courtney was announced as the winner.
I saw that a bit too, Ahran's was the most visible to me lol.

Old 09-16-2014, 10:39 PM

17,598 posts, read 15,272,563 times
Why no Cutter in the semi-final? Wonder if he didn't come back or wasn't asked back.

He was back for the finale, obviously.. And here's a deleted scene that's sort of interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avMU...ature=youtu.be

I still wonder what happened to "Little Gordon".. I mean, you have to be REALLY effing sick to drop out I would think.. His twitter account was never used. Can anyone ID him in the video above? At 27 seconds, there's a wide shot, and there's 20 people up there. So he should be in there, but he was there so little time, I don't remember what he looked like.

I also wonder just how long that show goes on.. The way it's edited.. You think it tapes over about 20-30 days.. But from that deleted scene.. Makes it seem like maybe it tapes sporadically over 5 or 6 months. According to Christine from an AMA they did.. S3 took 2 months. I am Christine Ha, MasterChef Season 3 Winner. Ask me anything! : IAmA

The Junior edition.. Found some interesting stuff on it.. Even being a reality show, they're bound by the rules on young actors.. only 4 hours per day in some cases, the kids have to attend school while taping, etc. That show tapes in about 3 weeks, and the reason that all the contestants were either from NY or LA was because those were the only 2 cities they casted in because it was a late pickup by Fox. Everything You Wanted To Know About 'MasterChef Junior'

Old 09-16-2014, 11:53 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,262,186 times
Apparently, and I could be wrong, Courtney's family owns a pizzeria & deli in Phelps, NY.

If this is true, I really don't buy her: "I'm channeling my mother" BS. She grew up in the frigging industry and if she was so hard up she couldn't pay rent..why strip in the air for a "gentleman's club"? Please. Why didn't she get a job cooking somewhere, so she could be proud of where her rent money came from? Or go back home and work for the business?

http://www.city-data.com/ny-state-re...-EMPORIUM.html

If it's not true...she still rings nothing but fake and contrived.

Edited:

It's true.

http://www.themerchandiser.net/sites...rcs_072414.pdf

And Courtney's parents DO have quite a few kids.

http://www.fltimes.com/news/article_....html?mode=jqm

Last edited by Informed Info; 09-17-2014 at 12:22 AM..

Old 09-17-2014, 12:12 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,847,256 times
Didnt Liz mouth F*ck when they announced Court? I cant believe Leslie made a silly mistake and it cost him. He would have went through i do believe and Liz would have won!

Old 09-17-2014, 01:37 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,575,923 times
Lapresi's is in Phelps, NY which is upstate in the Finger Lake region. The pizza parlor is pretty decent sized. I doubt they're struggling, especially since the family has been in the area for a few generations. If, as the articles above said, the whole family has been involved in the business, and they're very community-service oriented, why would Courtney need to go to Philly to earn a living? Just speculation...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV