Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2014, 09:22 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,575,923 times

Advertisements

Well, that's one cookbook I'm not buying. I've bought the other four, but I'll skip this one. I'm really disappointed. The Hooker with Heels (oh, yeah, she worked in a "Gentleman's Club" not as a hooker) is not a good face for the MC brand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2014, 09:26 PM

933 posts, read 1,478,570 times
The thing is, Elizabeth got considerably better reviews during judging than Courtney. I have a feeling there was a hidden agenda with this one...

Old 09-15-2014, 09:48 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David910 View Post
The thing is, Elizabeth got considerably better reviews during judging than Courtney.
I have a feeling there was a hidden agenda with this one...
I just dunno...it was a tough one...that rare lamb was not a good idea.
They are both SO good in their ways...Elizabeth will go far...as will Leslie, imo.

My opinion, they both deserved to win.

Old 09-16-2014, 06:46 AM

356 posts, read 281,888 times
Quote:
The thing is, Elizabeth got considerably better reviews during judging than Courtney. I have a feeling there was a hidden agenda with this one...
I loved it when Elizabeth said "Just because I work in an office and not in a nightclub doesn't mean I don't deserve to win." Maybe you're right about the hidden agenda.

Old 09-16-2014, 06:55 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,300,835 times
Most of the other contestants had visible scowls on their faces when Courtney was announced as the winner.

Old 09-16-2014, 07:40 AM

3,302 posts, read 3,029,470 times
I am deeply, deeply suspicious of the "error" Leslie made in supposedly mistaking salt for sugar in his dessert. What, they have the salt and sugar in the exact same containers? And if so, was that only for this segment? Because otherwise you know it would have happened before with some of the less experienced home chefs.

And when Joe made the comment, to seal the deal, "What baker hasn't made that mistake?" it sounded like something the producers told him to say so that the viewers would all nod their heads and, say, as if in a trance, "Yes, Joe said it so it must be true." I've been baking for 50+ years now and I haven't done that yet. Maybe because I don't keep my salt in a giant canister that is identical to the one I keep my sugar in. And what cook doesn't taste the batter at some point, or at least a crumb off the pan from the finished product? We see them dipping into everything as they cook on this show, at every stage.

It doesn't make sense to me that Leslie would do this at that stage of the competition, especially when he has proven himself to be so clear headed in the pressure tests. My personal opinion is that the producers met with him and told him that he wasn't going to make it to the final two, and they gave him a choice of how he wanted to go out. I say this because he just seemed sort of, "Huh, how about that, well okay," when they told him about the "mistake." And Gordon is not a great actor.

Old 09-16-2014, 08:15 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,834,803 times
Quote:

I don't know....I sure thought so with the cake challenge--early on Courtney was telling everyone what a baker she was. Then again, Ramsay and the other judges sure seemed disappointed that Leslie mistook the salt for sugar.

Anyway, winning doesn't necessarily equal success. Look at Carla Hall (I loved her on Top Chef). She's all over the place with her cookbooks and TV show. Hosea Who won Season Five?

Old 09-16-2014, 08:43 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,411,721 times
yeah, uh chefs mix up salt and sugar all the time

courtney stripped to pay her bills... whats the problem? i can go into a long tirade about women using their assets and whatnot but i think since alot of the women viewers already had this venom for courtney..the stripping is just a device they use to justify the hate

anyways that intro was funny they gave her... they had just did the elisabeth thing with the whole ny ad exec stuff. then they left out courtneys title and did the montage of her cooking in her lil apt and then the voiceover about a "horrible thing she did" lmao aww man television smh

and then here's masterchef with the rent-a-families again... i seen those same people on a greeting card

Old 09-16-2014, 08:55 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,996,400 times
What? Courtney? Over Elizabeth?? And Leslie confused the sugar with the salt???

Whatever. Not buying Fakeney's cookbook. Hopefully another publisher will pick up Elizabeth/Leslie.

Old 09-16-2014, 08:57 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,411,721 times
^ there are only naked pictures of food in it

no worries

---

if yall don't support her and buy her cookbook she will have no choice but to go out and shake that thang again..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV