Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 03:17 PM

1,818 posts, read 1,528,781 times

Advertisements

I LOVE the opening credits of GOT, beautifully done.. it totally puts me in the mood for what is to come.

OMG anyone who cannot stand so much as to see opening credits more than once must be exhausting to live with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2015, 10:52 PM

7,380 posts, read 12,670,445 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Call me jaded but if I were the producers of the show I'd be upset that the book readers are always spoiling it for the Night Watchers of the Tube.
You really think the producers care? They're not even following the books anymore. Besides, some of us are careful not to upset the Night Watchers by hiding the spoilers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick5575 View Post
keep watching
It actually looks like they don't have anything up their sleeve in terms of Mance "really" being alive. They did promise some shockers! The actor, Ciaran Hinds, seems convinced that he's been written out of the show (good article, by the way):
Game of Thrones: Mance Rayder Dies, Cersei Receives a Prophecy | Variety

Some deaths are so shocking that it would totally nullify their emotional impact if they show up alive. So I doubt that Mance will come back--he died for his principles. But we shall see!

Old 04-14-2015, 07:36 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,766,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I hate repetition. The opening of Game of Thrones was great to watch one time for me. I simply cannot stand to see anything more than once - no matter how great it was the first time. I would rather see different commercials than to watch the same scenes of cities rising from nothing. I don't like Black Sails for the same reason.

Perhaps I just feel cheated? I pay good money for cable TV and I want to be entertained with new and exciting programing. The script writers don't have to write and no actor has to act; just keep showing the reruns of this opening over and over again.

PS This does not bother other members of my family; just me. Maybe I suffer from a 'new' disease?

Sorry, you are missing out. The opening gives new information, each week. At the least, it summarizes which of the cities/realms are in the story that week. This past episode, they changed Winterfell from burning and in ruin back to a clean state. That has to signify something.

As Astrohip mentioned, this is one of if not the only show that I always watch the credits for.

Old 04-14-2015, 04:18 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
If nothing else, the producers responded to the wide-spread criticism that it was only women getting naked for the show.

So it seems we may not get the whole
Spoiler
Jon Connington/Aegon Targaryn
storyline, given what Varys said....unless he's trying to throw Tyrion off his guard.

Old 04-14-2015, 04:56 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,233,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
So it seems we may not get the whole
Spoiler
Jon Connington/Aegon Targaryn

storyline, given what Varys said....unless he's trying to throw Tyrion off his guard.
[note to non-book readers. this spoiler really is a book spoiler, be warned]

You know, I had totally forgotten about this in the book. Yeah, makes me wonder if the TV showrunners will bring it in, or drop it.

One comment related to this... (and this is not a spoiler) the showrunners have said that they are ready to bring the story tighter, and drop extraneous story lines. It's the only way they can bring GoT to a close in three seasons. So plots that may have been (literally) dozens of chapters in the books, if they don't have a meaningful purpose in the end, the TV guys are dropping them. An example of this (and this is not a spoiler, it has been publicly discussed) is the Iron Islands/Kingsmoot plot. They have said they are dropping it, entirely.

One can begin to see what the end will look like based on what is still in, and what is getting dropped. Having said that, with 29 episodes left to go, they can still throw some pretty good twists at us.

Oh jeez, there are only 29 episodes left of Game of Thrones.

Old 04-15-2015, 09:01 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
[note to non-book readers. this spoiler really is a book spoiler, be warned]

You know, I had totally forgotten about this in the book. Yeah, makes me wonder if the TV showrunners will bring it in, or drop it.

One comment related to this... (and this is not a spoiler) the showrunners have said that they are ready to bring the story tighter, and drop extraneous story lines. It's the only way they can bring GoT to a close in three seasons. So plots that may have been (literally) dozens of chapters in the books, if they don't have a meaningful purpose in the end, the TV guys are dropping them. An example of this (and this is not a spoiler, it has been publicly discussed) is the Iron Islands/Kingsmoot plot. They have said they are dropping it, entirely.

One can begin to see what the end will look like based on what is still in, and what is getting dropped. Having said that, with 29 episodes left to go, they can still throw some pretty good twists at us.

Oh jeez, there are only 29 episodes left of Game of Thrones.
Do I hear sequel or prequel cooking ?

Old 04-16-2015, 10:13 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,376,749 times
The first episode of season 5 went so fast I couldn't believe when it ended. If Daenerys doesn't get control of those dragons she will be losing the most important weapon in taking over Westeros. She better find a way to get them back under her control, or they may destroy her.

Last edited by kanhawk; 04-16-2015 at 10:34 PM..

Old 04-17-2015, 11:12 AM

7,380 posts, read 12,670,445 times
Valar Bloghulis! The "If Game of Thrones took place on Facebook Season 5" is up and running! And the season premiere spoof is 3 pages long! Enjoy!

If Game of Thrones took place entirely on Facebook - The Season 5 Premiere. | GoT Recap Season 5 | Someecards

Old 04-19-2015, 05:39 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,605,159 times
Does anyone else think that Peter Dinklage's accent - supposedly British? - is really very smelly bad? Because it is. I can see this as a reason why he hasn't won an Emmy for his performance on GOT.

Old 04-19-2015, 05:56 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,606,242 times
Except that Peter Dinklage has won an Emmy for his performance on GoT - Season 1.

I quite like Dinklage's accent; beautiful diction and he doesn't swallow any words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV