Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2015, 11:04 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,013,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
I agree! It has been 4 years since I finished the available books and I forget (or get confused about) so much.
Has it been that long since the last book? I thought that some things happened in the last season came from the last book, but then again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 11:08 AM

5,544 posts, read 8,314,247 times
I agree, it has been awhile since I read the books. These are not spoilers just opinions or predictions based upon my reading of their characters. all could be totally wrong.

Spoiler

I Remember that Littlefinger arranged the treacherous trip down the mountain to meet the Lords but I don't remember any marriage negotiation with Boltons for Sansa. Maybe I just forgot. But there is not a doubt in my mind that Sansa is or will be taking back her own, she is the heiress of Winterfell, and that she has been stepping up to the time she is ready to do so.

Maybe GRRMartin intended it to be by way of a Bolton marriage or some other means and/or the show runners are arranging it in what seems apparently to be a marriage negotiation Starks & Boltons.

And no doubt in my mind that Littlefinger has something more going on than it would seem and he is a strategic thinking force to be reckoned with. I would not want to be a Bolton after the Red Wedding and I foresee vengeance and power grabs or 'consolidations'.

I remember things not going well for Tyrion and Varys right now but their characters are such they will have interesting stories to tell. Both are too much thinking on your feet types to be down for long.

In the end of the books published until now, I had hopes for Dany finally to show her mettle and get with business at hand rather than being a pretty fish in a glass bowl. Nothing like a little adversity to focus your mind.

So hope you all enjoy the season.

Old 04-28-2015, 11:19 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
I cannot watch the show on Sunday nites, therefore I have to watch it Monday when I get home from work, and last night, everything was so dark, could hardly see the characters, so I went in and changed things around some, but has anyone else noticed that....?

Old 04-28-2015, 11:22 AM

Can someone please explain to me, where in the world Arya is?

Who are those people?

Why did she end up there?

Old 04-28-2015, 11:34 AM

5,544 posts, read 8,314,247 times
These people are a cult of assasins in Brazos.

She is wounded and fragmented and has turned to what 'feels right for her' vengeance and killing. Up until now it has just been people who wronged her and her family but once she is fully accepted in the cult she will have to take contracts. Wonder if killing then will have the same draw for her.

Of all the characters, I feel most sorry for her.

Old 04-28-2015, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
These people are a cult of assasins in Brazos.

She is wounded and fragmented and has turned to what 'feels right for her' vengeance and killing. Up until now it has just been people who wronged her and her family but once she is fully accepted in the cult she will have to take contracts. Wonder if killing then will have the same draw for her.

Of all the characters, I feel most sorry for her.
yeah, me to....thank you

Old 04-28-2015, 03:19 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,543,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
I agree, it has been awhile since I read the books. These are not spoilers just opinions or predictions based upon my reading of their characters. all could be totally wrong.

Spoiler

I Remember that Littlefinger arranged the treacherous trip down the mountain to meet the Lords but I don't remember any marriage negotiation with Boltons for Sansa. Maybe I just forgot. But there is not a doubt in my mind that Sansa is or will be taking back her own, she is the heiress of Winterfell, and that she has been stepping up to the time she is ready to do so.

Maybe GRRMartin intended it to be by way of a Bolton marriage or some other means and/or the show runners are arranging it in what seems apparently to be a marriage negotiation Starks & Boltons.

And no doubt in my mind that Littlefinger has something more going on than it would seem and he is a strategic thinking force to be reckoned with. I would not want to be a Bolton after the Red Wedding and I foresee vengeance and power grabs or 'consolidations'.

I remember things not going well for Tyrion and Varys right now but their characters are such they will have interesting stories to tell. Both are too much thinking on your feet types to be down for long.

In the end of the books published until now, I had hopes for Dany finally to show her mettle and get with business at hand rather than being a pretty fish in a glass bowl. Nothing like a little adversity to focus your mind.

So hope you all enjoy the season.
Spoiler
I believe I remember from the books that Theon Greyjoy saves Sansa from
whomever/whatever.... I think we will see him do something similar in the
series.......

Old 04-28-2015, 04:17 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,596,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
Spoiler
I believe I remember from the books that Theon Greyjoy saves Sansa from
whomever/whatever.... I think we will see him do something similar in the
series.......
Spoiler
This is not Sansa's story line in the book. They changed it. He should be marrying someone else while she stays at the eerie

Old 04-28-2015, 06:14 PM

101 posts, read 103,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I cannot watch the show on Sunday nites, therefore I have to watch it Monday when I get home from work, and last night, everything was so dark, could hardly see the characters, so I went in and changed things around some, but has anyone else noticed that....?
It was a dark epsiode. Reminded me of The Lord of the Rings a bit.

I didn't recognize Winterfell!

Old 04-28-2015, 06:48 PM

4,716 posts, read 5,958,998 times
In regards to Theon, Sansa, Ramsay and marriage...

Spoiler
In the books, Ramsay Snow (I refuse to call him Bolton) gets married to a "fake" Arya Stark - basically, Sansa's handmaid Jeyne Poole, who looks vaguely like Arya. They put a wolf pin on her and Tywin calls her Arya. Nobody knows except Jeyne Poole, Theon, Roose and Ramsay, and Tywin and Jamie. Jamie tells Brienne that it's fake Arya. Ramsay marries fake Arya and treats her brutally - when Theon helps her escape. Theon and Jeyne are subsequently captured by Stannis, along with Theon's sister.

In the books, Sansa is still at the Eyrie trying to charm Harry Harding into marriage. Harry the Heir is next in line to the throne of the Vale should anything bad happen to Robin Arryn. Harry is a bit of a lout as well, but not as bad as Ramsay. That plot seems to be to marry Sansa (as Alayne Stone) to Harry, then Robin mysteriously dies, and then have Alayne reveal herself as Sansa Stark and claim Winterfell that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV