Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2015, 07:37 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,991,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
If Grey Worm and Barristan Selmy are both dead, that leaves Dany without her strong support system, especially since she exiled Ser Jorah. That may be where Tyrion comes in....if he can lay off the booze, he can be a big help to her.

Who were those masked men? Were they the former masters? It's been a while since I read the books, and I honestly can't remember this massacre happening.
They're the Sons of the Harpy. Sort of a terrorist group that wants to return power to the slavers.
Spoiler
Grey Worm and Ser Barristan are still there at the end of book 5.

Last edited by johnp292; 05-05-2015 at 08:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 08:13 AM

9,146 posts, read 14,775,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
If Grey Worm and Barristan Selmy are both dead, that leaves Dany without her strong support system, especially since she exiled Ser Jorah. That may be where Tyrion comes in....if he can lay off the booze, he can be a big help to her.

Who were those masked men? Were they the former masters? It's been a while since I read the books, and I honestly can't remember this massacre happening.
And even if they are alive and eventually recover, they are certainly out of action for a while. Leafes it wide open for Jorah to slide in when he comes back with Tyrion.

Old 05-05-2015, 03:39 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,238,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I hate repetition. The opening of Game of Thrones was great to watch one time for me. I simply cannot stand to see anything more than once - no matter how great it was the first time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Disagree. This is the ONLY show whose opening credits I watch each week. And I would guess many, many people here could say the same.

Not only are they pretty cool, they give you some hints as to where this episode will play. We say Penthos but not Baathos, for example. So we get Tyrion & Varys, but not Arya. Plus if you look at the animations, you get some interesting insight into how they plan to play the setting.
Great interview with one of the Game of Throne producers on the opening credits maps, and how they choose what they show. Short but great read:

Why doesn't the 'Game of Thrones' map always match up with where the story is?

Interview by Alan Sepinwall

Why doesnt the Game of Thrones map always match up with where the story is?

Old 05-05-2015, 04:59 PM

4,884 posts, read 5,018,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Spoiler
Grey Worm and Ser Barristan are still there at the end of book 5.
That's what I thought.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:48 PM

4,716 posts, read 5,964,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
That's what I thought.
and, they're also there in some of the "preview" chapters Martin has released for Book 6

Old 05-06-2015, 12:30 AM

7,383 posts, read 12,680,248 times
But Mance Raider
Spoiler
is also alive in Book 5, or at least hinted at in 4 or 5.

That doesn't mean we can conclude the same in the show. All bets are off now!

Old 05-06-2015, 12:35 AM

7,383 posts, read 12,680,248 times
#4! If Game of Thrones took place entirely on Facebook

Old 05-06-2015, 04:17 AM

264 posts, read 272,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
That's what I thought.

***HUGE SHOW SPOILER AHEAD ALERT***

Ian McElhinney who plays Ser Barristan was interviewed over here in the UK on Thronecast, the GoT review show after GoT is shown on Monday nights on Sky Atlantic, and he....

Spoiler
said Barristan is definitely dead. In fact he was more than pissed off about that as he had read the books and was looking forward to a longer and more exciting storyline. He also said he complained to the producers about it. But was given short shrift..

Old 05-06-2015, 09:20 AM

9,146 posts, read 14,775,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarringtonNI View Post
***HUGE SHOW SPOILER AHEAD ALERT***

Ian McElhinney who plays Ser Barristan was interviewed over here in the UK on Thronecast, the GoT review show after GoT is shown on Monday nights on Sky Atlantic, and he....

Spoiler
said Barristan is definitely dead. In fact he was more than pissed off about that as he had read the books and was looking forward to a longer and more exciting storyline. He also said he complained to the producers about it. But was given short shrift..
Not too shocking going by the previews for next week. Seems to confirm that.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:34 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,031,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Not too shocking going by the previews for next week. Seems to confirm that.
Thats what I was going to say. Its not a huge show spoiler for anyone who watches the previews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV