Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2015, 10:49 PM

7,383 posts, read 12,680,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
Game of Thrones weekly Facebook recap - using the F-word. (warning, language NSFW)

'Game of Thrones' Season 5, Episode 5 recapped almost entirely using the F-word. | Game Of Thrones | Someecards
I'm speechless! Elegance and eloquence, with just one word!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 10:52 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,031,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post
In the books, greyscale isn't always fatal, if caught quickly and carefully managed. In A Dance With Dragon, Jorah is not exposed to the disease, Jon Connington (a character not in the TV show) gets it after he saves Tyrion from the stone men. Jon C. gets it on one of his fingernails; and takes to wearing gloves to hide it, and hopes that he will have five years left (if I remember correctly). Tyrion, who is exposed to the disease, is told that he will have to check himself carefully and (I think) wash with vinegar every day.
I'm just saying what was said on the show last week in regards to greyscale.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:06 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,113,000 times
I've read all the books between last season and this season and I'm not sure if the books are messing with me or what, but this season has seemed boring to me and I don't like some of the changes they've made from the books. I hope things get more interesting for the second half!

Old 05-13-2015, 11:49 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,990,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I've read all the books between last season and this season and I'm not sure if the books are messing with me or what, but this season has seemed boring to me and I don't like some of the changes they've made from the books. I hope things get more interesting for the second half!
The sets and costumes are dark and drab (not saying they're not fantastic), so to have a slow season as well is just too much for me.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:58 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,952,353 times
I don't know what it is about this season. I love Game of Thrones, but this season has been sort of lackluster, and my favorite characters have turned unlikable. Dany has turned into a bi**h, Tyrion is an ungrateful obnoxious drunk. Also too much jumping around from character to character with very little happening.

Did I read somewhere that this season is the only one that George Martin did not write? If so, that may explain it.

Old 05-13-2015, 01:20 PM

14,683 posts, read 14,662,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
I don't know what it is about this season. I love Game of Thrones, but this season has been sort of lackluster, and my favorite characters have turned unlikable. Dany has turned into a bi**h, Tyrion is an ungrateful obnoxious drunk. Also too much jumping around from character to character with very little happening.

Did I read somewhere that this season is the only one that George Martin did not write? If so, that may explain it.
He contributed at least one episode per season, but hasn't been the main writer to the series at this point. The books aren't much more exciting than the series at this point in the story arc; we can only hope this is the "calm before the storm". Meaning, hopefully this season (and Books 4 & 5 which inspired it) is all a long set-up to the ultimate showdown involving white walkers, dragons & King's Landing...with the Starks and Targaryns heavily involved in its outcome.

Old 05-13-2015, 01:21 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,990,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post

Dany has an ego, now. She bought into the hype.

I'm not sure Tyrion should be grateful for much right now, having been kidnapped. Maybe he was a tad upset that he traveled in/ate in/pooped in a box for the entire voyage from Kings Landing. Plus he's cranky because he's NOT drinking. He's typically a witty, happy guy on the sauce.

Old 05-14-2015, 06:57 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,964,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
He contributed at least one episode per season, but hasn't been the main writer to the series at this point. The books aren't much more exciting than the series at this point in the story arc; we can only hope this is the "calm before the storm". Meaning, hopefully this season (and Books 4 & 5 which inspired it) is all a long set-up to the ultimate showdown involving white walkers, dragons & King's Landing...with the Starks and Targaryns heavily involved in its outcome.
agreed - there are no big set piece battles like Whispering Wood or the Battle on the Blackwater, or even the battle at the Wall. Book 5 was supposed to conclude with the Battle for Winterfell and The Battle for Meereen, but the book had grown so large that Martin decided to move them to the beginning of book 6. (If Martin had a stronger editor, maybe they would have condensed/consolidated several of the chapters in A Dance with Dragons and still had room for the two big battles.)

Old 05-14-2015, 06:59 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,964,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBeingAMommy View Post
Dany has an ego, now. She bought into the hype.

I'm not sure Tyrion should be grateful for much right now, having been kidnapped. Maybe he was a tad upset that he traveled in/ate in/pooped in a box for the entire voyage from Kings Landing. Plus he's cranky because he's NOT drinking. He's typically a witty, happy guy on the sauce.
They're bringing a bit of Book Tyrion and Book Dany into the show. Their characters are not quite so black & white in the books. Go to Westeros.org and you'll find people discussing whether or not Dany is The Mad Queen, like Aerys was the Mad King.

Old 05-15-2015, 08:37 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,952,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
They're bringing a bit of Book Tyrion and Book Dany into the show. Their characters are not quite so black & white in the books. Go to Westeros.org and you'll find people discussing whether or not Dany is The Mad Queen, like Aerys was the Mad King.
I went to that site but could not access any comments. Do you need to register in order to do so?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV