Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2015, 05:08 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,606,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
Bran will not be in this season's episodes per pre media buzz.

(In response to Post #220 - Forgot to quote it)
I don't think Bran is in this season at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 05:32 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,727,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
I don't think Bran is in this season at all.
Right.

Old 05-18-2015, 05:37 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,990,990 times
This has to be THE slowest, most boring season. I'm not expecting Red Wedding here, but let's get the imp some wine and harlots, let's get Little Finger back into the game, let's have Brienne stop stalking the Starks, let's have Dany get a freaking clue, etc, etc...I've heard the books slow down right about now, but this crap isn't going to go over well with audiences. Start condensing, HBO!!

Old 05-18-2015, 06:27 PM

4,716 posts, read 5,964,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBeingAMommy View Post
This has to be THE slowest, most boring season. I'm not expecting Red Wedding here, but let's get the imp some wine and harlots, let's get Little Finger back into the game, let's have Brienne stop stalking the Starks, let's have Dany get a freaking clue, etc, etc...I've heard the books slow down right about now, but this crap isn't going to go over well with audiences. Start condensing, HBO!!
They've already condensed a lot of the book material this season. In the books, Sansa is no where close to Winterfell and Littlefinger doesn't travel around Westeros at warp speed - in season 1, episode 1, it had taken Robert 30 days to get from King's Landing to Winterfell... yet, it seemed like LF was able to traverse the distance overnight. (Maybe he stayed at a Holiday Inn Express?)

Old 05-18-2015, 07:07 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,607,884 times
And in the books, at least so far, Jamie never traveled to Dorne, and never traveled anywhere with Bronn. And Myrcella is about 10, not 16. The instigator of a would-be plot to ignite war with the Lannisters was not Ellaria Sand, but Arianne Martell (who does not exist in the TV series, but she is Prince Doran's oldest child and is the heir to Dorne), and she had no intention of harming Myrcella. Sansa is still in the Vale, unmarried (unless you count Tyrion). And Jorah has not contracted greyscale.

Also, I wonder why they are making Arya's time in the House of Black and White so boring? Do they want to end the character's tenure as a fan favorite?

Right now, I'm watching to see what happens next to poor Sansa.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:09 PM

7,383 posts, read 12,680,248 times
Oh Ye of of little faith! Hang in there—now we have the perfect set-up for the goriest of season endings, the revenge of Sansa on Ramsey for her rape, and for the killing of her mother, brother, and the poor innocent direwolf . Roose is also going to get what's coming to him. I have no crystal ball, but the arc is in place—in order for the revenge to be perfect, the affront has to be unspeakable. Remember that Littlefinger sent Sansa into the Bolton lair so she could take her revenge on them--in essence telling her to bide her time, and then kill them. Of course we know that he then plans on moving in and "rescuing" her, and become Warden of the North.

Aside from that, what an appalling scene (the rape)! Poor Sansa having escaped a similar fate at the hands of the Hound, Joffrey, and untold King’s Landing rioters. Her luck finally ran out. I’ll bet Tyrion looks like an angel to her now…I actually thought at some point that she had one of the “jewels” from her old poisoned necklace that she would slip into Ramsey’s drink, but for one thing, I don’t think she ever caught on that the poison that killed Joffrey came from her necklace, and for another, she is not the poisoner type. And it would have ended Ramsey's life too early in the season.

About the lack of “action”: There isn’t anything of major importance happening in Vol.4 and 5, either, so I’m actually impressed that the changes in the story allow for more action. And I think it’s actually moving at a clip now. I predict that Sansa will have her revenge soon!

But...she needs someone to heal her wounded soul. Who can that be? I wouldn't be too surprised if it ends up being Jaime Lannister...

Old 05-18-2015, 07:30 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,727,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Oh Ye of of little faith! Hang in there—now we have the perfect set-up for the goriest of season endings, the revenge of Sansa on Ramsey for her rape, and for the killing of her mother, brother, and the poor innocent direwolf . Roose is also going to get what's coming to him. I have no crystal ball, but the arc is in place—in order for the revenge to be perfect, the affront has to be unspeakable. Remember that Littlefinger sent Sansa into the Bolton lair so she could take her revenge on them--in essence telling her to bide her time, and then kill them. Of course we know that he then plans on moving in and "rescuing" her, and become Warden of the North.

Aside from that, what an appalling scene (the rape)! Poor Sansa having escaped a similar fate at the hands of the Hound, Joffrey, and untold King’s Landing rioters. Her luck finally ran out. I’ll bet Tyrion looks like an angel to her now…I actually thought at some point that she had one of the “jewels” from her old poisoned necklace that she would slip into Ramsey’s drink, but for one thing, I don’t think she ever caught on that the poison that killed Joffrey came from her necklace, and for another, she is not the poisoner type. And it would have ended Ramsey's life too early in the season.

About the lack of “action”: There isn’t anything of major importance happening in Vol.4 and 5, either, so I’m actually impressed that the changes in the story allow for more action. And I think it’s actually moving at a clip now. I predict that Sansa will have her revenge soon!

But...she needs someone to heal her wounded soul. Who can that be? I wouldn't be too surprised if it ends up being Jaime Lannister...
Thanks Clark - I needed that.

Death by poison for Ramsey would rip off the audiences. We need something more macabre.

What about Arya ? I'm thinking at some point she will become a shape shifter. And I want to
see Dany riding "Puff the Magic Dragon" across the Narrow Sea.

Old 05-18-2015, 09:18 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,990,990 times
Guys, I'm hoping you're right. I'm trying to hang in there!

Old 05-18-2015, 10:48 PM

7,383 posts, read 12,680,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
Thanks Clark - I needed that.

Death by poison for Ramsey would rip off the audiences. We need something more macabre.
How about this scenario: The battle between Stannis and Roose is raging. It is snowing hard. The Boltons are losing. Ramsey is gripped by panic, and runs, but someone is after him! Just a shadow in the snow, but the camera moves in, and we see the face: It is Theon, with Ramsey's skinning knife in his hand! Etc. Would that work for you?

Old 05-18-2015, 11:05 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,607,884 times
I'm not a huge fan of torture; even for someone who has tortured others. I'd rather see Theon with a whoppin' big longsword in his hand, tripping Ramsey so that Ramsey falls on his face. As Theon straddles him and raises the sword (to cut off Ramsey's head), Theon says 'The man who passes sentence swings the sword" (which was what Ned taught all his sons, and Theon witnessed in the very first episode of the series) and brings it down.

I'd love to see Sansa manage to avenge her mother and brother by managing to poison Roose, but I'm not sure she could manage it.

But I'll take what I can get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV