Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2015, 01:18 PM

741 posts, read 1,379,815 times

Advertisements

Last night wasn't especially exciting.

One thing that I noticed was that Barrett seemed to take it for granted that he was voted in. I hope this is not "the fix is in". Maybe we see different versions in different time zones; for example when it is time for the instant save I get a red banner across the screen that voting is closed in my time zone.

What I saw was Carson giving this intro that America saved....from team Adam....when only Shelby was standing.....She seemed, and I would too, to take that to mean that she was saved and then Carson corrected himself. Shelby was called as the next save; assuming it was shown in the sequence it was filmed I felt bad for her. She had looked pretty apprehensive anyway, then began to smile and then had to accommodate her facial expression so fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2015, 09:52 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
I didn't watch the show Tues night, but thanks for telling me about the Beach Boys song!

Just watched the video. I read that Adam was sick, but that might be a rumor. I don't think Adam has a great voice, but he usually sounds a lot better than that.

During that performance, out of the whole group, Jordan sounds like the only one who can handle the song. He can sing anything! I'm starting to change my mind about an earlier post I wrote. It would be interesting to watch him sing a rock song. I bet he'd even be able to sing Led Zeppelin. I vote for "Stairway to Heaven"

Old 11-30-2015, 06:38 AM

3,032 posts, read 4,735,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alinka View Post
Last night wasn't especially exciting.

One thing that I noticed was that Barrett seemed to take it for granted that he was voted in. I hope this is not "the fix is in". Maybe we see different versions in different time zones; for example when it is time for the instant save I get a red banner across the screen that voting is closed in my time zone.

What I saw was Carson giving this intro that America saved....from team Adam....when only Shelby was standing.....She seemed, and I would too, to take that to mean that she was saved and then Carson corrected himself. Shelby was called as the next save; assuming it was shown in the sequence it was filmed I felt bad for her. She had looked pretty apprehensive anyway, then began to smile and then had to accommodate her facial expression so fast.
Even live on the east coast, I felt like Barrett was smug about being voted in. I just think he isn't as good as everyone thinks he is and is only riding on the Country Vote. I think that look of absolute shock that Braiden has of being voted in is actually sweet in a way. Honestly, I am hoping that the next chopping block will be a Twitter save for Barrett against Braiden or Zach. Though wishful thinking is Barrett against Emily Anne. I can't stand either one, because they both come across so fake. Emily Anne with her "I'm not country, I'm blue grass!" (I want to be like, "Ok! Name me 5 blue grass artists! And Carrie Underwood isn't one....") and Barrett with his arrogance.

And yes -- Carson definitely flubbed by saying Team Adam when it was only Shelby. I would say it was probably more of the producers in his ear messing up as I don't believe he knows until they tell him in his ear.

I really wish they would just do a spinoff of this show - and call it "The Voice: Country Edition" and have Blake Shelton return as a judge, possibly Garth Brooks maybe, and two female country singers. Miranda Lambert should be one for the blood and the intrigue. LOL! I think the country vote carries a lot of people on Blake's team. I really can't stand any of Blake's artists this year. The only wish I have is that James Dupre (Hootie and the Blowfish blind audition guy) might have selected Blake Shelton and then, he beat Zach or Barrett in the knockouts. He really could have.

Old 11-30-2015, 03:55 PM

Zach is singing Queen tonight which I think is a bold move! I think it will show how weak his voice is!

Old 11-30-2015, 03:59 PM

Amy is doing "Bye, Bye, Bye" which could be very interesting! I'd say Adam is good at her arrangements. Jordan is doing "Hallelujah" which has only been done on every singing show ever.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:08 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I didn't watch the show Tues night, but thanks for telling me about the Beach Boys song!

Just watched the video. I read that Adam was sick, but that might be a rumor. I don't think Adam has a great voice, but he usually sounds a lot better than that.

That would explain it. Adam has done great singing The Way You Look Tonight so I thought maybe it was the style of the song but he's never sounded that bad in anything he has sung.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlikeme View Post
Amy is doing "Bye, Bye, Bye" which could be very interesting! I'd say Adam is good at her arrangements.
Oh boy...I'm nervous. Not as nervous as I would be if she sang a Britney Spears song but still pretty nervous.

Old 11-30-2015, 06:31 PM

There are not enough Grandma signs in the world to save Braiden Sunshine from the fact that performance was boned.

Old 11-30-2015, 06:46 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlikeme View Post
There are not enough Grandma signs in the world to save Braiden Sunshine from the fact that performance was boned.
Agree. It is time for him to go home. Shelby was great.

Old 11-30-2015, 06:57 PM

And was it just me or did korin sound like gwen stefani now?!

Old 11-30-2015, 07:35 PM

Ugh. Zach. Go home!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV