Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2015, 04:28 AM

3,032 posts, read 4,740,683 times

Advertisements

The only one not in the iTunes top ten is Shelby!

I really think hymns need to be banned. Along with everything overdone (looking at you "hallelujah").
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2015, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Madi and Jordan are the top 2. One of those must win and the other must come in 2nd. Don't care who the other 2 in the finals are.
Jeffrey would be great, but I think what is impressive to me is that he and Madi have not sung hymns to pander for iTunes downloads.

In fact, I will be super impressed should Jeffrey get to the finals. He is great, but a lot of the audience will vote their conservative values. (IE. The only thing Braiden was missing was putting the American flag and a bald eagle behind him) He is a very openly gay man on a show where hymns sell like hotcakes, dang it!

I am still rooting for Jordan/Jeffrey/Madi. I am at a point where I am almost wishing it is Jordan/Jeffrey/Madi/Amy, because even though I'm not a huge Amy fan - I really dislike Blake's team. LOL! I like Shelby more than Emily Ann... but I have liked Morgan and Nadja better than Emily Ann. Maybe it is a personal thing, but I find Emily Ann insipid and she lacks emotion and understanding of lyrics. IE. You connect a song about working 9-5 to your dad being injured and because your dad was injured, you know the value of work?! I don't think it works that way.

Jordan's performance last night was my favorite of his. I think it is because it was the first time he looked like he had fun. They were also smart in not putting anyone on after that. No one would want to go after that! LOL!

Old 12-08-2015, 08:23 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,511,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
After Braiden sang "Amazing Grace" I began thinking about becoming an Atheist.
And it just reaffirmed my position. I've saved the song to post in every thread that turns into an argument between Christians and non-believers. In fact, I think I saw one about the meaning of Christmas that could use this to end this argument once and for all.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlikeme View Post
The only one not in the iTunes top ten is Shelby!

I really think hymns need to be banned. Along with everything overdone (looking at you "hallelujah").
Jordan bumped Adele from the number one spot this morning. Jeffery is at #3. Shelby is at 18. Are they still factoring in itunes to decide who stays? Jeffery has a good chance at staying for the finals if they do.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Jordan's performance last night was my favorite of his. I think it is because it was the first time he looked like he had fun. They were also smart in not putting anyone on after that. No one would want to go after that! LOL!
I've noticed that Jordan went last or almost last for most of the season. Yeah, nobody could go after that performance. Maybe not even Jordan? LOL Seriously, how's he gonna top that for the finale?

And I agree he did look like he was having fun. I enjoyed the scenes with him and Adam getting ready. Adam would say "Why don't you blah blah blah." And Jordan would say okay, then just do it. Effortlessly. Amazing.

Last edited by LillyLillyLilly; 12-08-2015 at 08:50 AM..

Old 12-08-2015, 08:50 AM

Quote:
And it just reaffirmed my position. I've saved the song to post in every thread that turns into an argument between Christians and non-believers. In fact, I think I saw one about the meaning of Christmas that could use this to end this argument once and for all.
Braiden sings Amazing grace, pretty much cries in his interview.... and grandmas everywhere break out their smart phones. ;-)

Old 12-08-2015, 09:01 AM

My favorite part of last night was essentially Adam running up to Jordan and then dropping the mic for him.... because you know Jordan would never do that....

I may have also become a Jordan fan last night after seeing the look on his face when Adam was talking to him -- he came across as very genuinely humbled to the point of tears.

Old 12-08-2015, 02:06 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,960,938 times
Quote:
[URL="//www.city-data.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/"][/URL]
I hope you realize I was joking. I don't understand your reaction to my comment, but have a nice day!

Old 12-08-2015, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I hope you realize I was joking. I don't understand your reaction to my comment, but have a nice day!
I was agreeing with you, that Braiden's performance was so bad it could make people stop believing. I do realize you were joking.

Old 12-08-2015, 04:47 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,960,938 times
Quote:
My favorite part of last night was essentially Adam running up to Jordan and then dropping the mic for him.... because you know Jordan would never do that....

I may have also become a Jordan fan last night after seeing the look on his face when Adam was talking to him -- he came across as very genuinely humbled to the point of tears.
I've always like Jordan since he first auditioned, but it's difficult to compare amateurs with the greats of the past. Jordan was wonderful, but I just watched a video of Queen and I'll always prefer the original. Freddie was one of a kind. RIP

Quote:
I was agreeing with you, that Braiden's performance was so bad it could make people stop believing. I do realize you were joking.
[URL="//www.city-data.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/"][/URL]
Okay. I know many people on this forum didn't like Meghan Linsey, but she definitely outperformed Braiden. I forgot until now that she sang the same song last season until I just watched the video.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV