Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2015, 07:01 PM

1,665 posts, read 1,931,226 times

Advertisements

I'm not on Twitter.

Bah humbug - Bradin get saved but I'll be surprised if he makes it thru next week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 07:02 PM

3,032 posts, read 4,747,124 times
Ugh - In the apocalypse, two things will survive: cockroaches and Braiden Sunshine.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:10 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,324,992 times
Can't stand Braiden, Barrett, and Zach.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:11 PM

3,829 posts, read 6,751,689 times
I just found out my mom loved Braiden and votes for him. (She doesn't have Twitter, so she wasn't a factor tonight.)
I told her that only old ladies vote for him... Her response was "Well, I am a grandma."

Old 12-01-2015, 07:32 PM

It is super sad because I loved Original Korin before a Gwen started changing her up all of the time. I have only voted for her, jeffrey, and madi.... I kept hoping she'd get back to her indie boho vibe! I tweeted her because even forgetting her words - she beat him.

At least next week should be the end of Braiden and zach as neither are good enough for the finals.

Here's to a Jordan, jeffrey, madi, amy final now? Lol!

Old 12-01-2015, 08:07 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,984,035 times
I don't know all the rules of this forum, but I hope it's okay to post a video that isn't from the show. I didn't realize before last night that Cyndi Lauper did not write the song and her version was a remake. Glad I never heard the original before. lol I love Cyndi Lauper..and she was great on "Mad About Me" too.

[youtube]5aLNwOxPsjg[/youtube]
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aLNwOxPsjg[/url]

Old 12-01-2015, 09:36 PM

3,829 posts, read 6,751,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I don't know all the rules of this forum, but I hope it's okay to post a video that isn't from the show. I didn't realize before last night that Cyndi Lauper did not write the song and her version was a remake. Glad I never heard the original before. lol I love Cyndi Lauper..and she was great on "Mad About Me" too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aLNwOxPsjg
Oh my. That is pretty terrible.

Old 12-01-2015, 10:44 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,820,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Not a great show last night. I missed most of it so I watched clips online. I cannot stand the Nick Jonas "Jealous" song. Someone sings it every season, so I was really dreading Jeffery's clip. What a relief to find out there is a different song of the same name

Did not enjoy Amy's treatment of Bye Bye Bye either.

Girls Just Want To Have Fun is an old favorite of mine, and Madi completely wrecked it with that sad gloomy version. Did not like that at all.
I love Nick and even I don't really like that song either esp when covered (but I don't know why he has to sing it all the time. I know it's the song that put him on the map but still...) so it was definitely a relief to not hear it. Still I'm glad they cover Jealous over some of his other songs since it is more difficult for me to hear songs of his I love. They don't sing it every season. It's only been out since last year but I guess they did sing it both of the last two seasons.

I did not like it either. I was pretty confident I would hate it because the way her voice is. Nsync for me is a little hard to hear covers of but you do it right you can probly be okay to cover for me. I thought I'd give it a chance but she just slowed it down so much. It totally ruined it for me so I saved myself the trouble and fast forwarded after several seconds.

I'm just glad she didn't do Time After Time. I panicked when Carson said a Cyndi Lauper classic but I guess Girls Just Want To Have Fun is to you as Time After Time is to me. But it does seem weird to slow down an upbeat song

Old 12-02-2015, 08:31 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,956,984 times
I understand that stretching out this entire process is about making money off of I-Tunes, but this is just taking too much time..

The format needs to change, too, for the sake of the contestants. I can't imagine that it's pleasant to stand out there, for three straight weeks ( Korin), and have to "sing for your supper". It's not appropriate, and I imagine that she was tired of it too.

There's no reason why we can't just get down to 4-5 candidates, and make a final selection. Some of these contestants will have a bright future even without the contract.

Old 12-02-2015, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
I understand that stretching out this entire process is about making money off of I-Tunes, but this is just taking too much time..

The format needs to change, too, for the sake of the contestants. I can't imagine that it's pleasant to stand out there, for three straight weeks ( Korin), and have to "sing for your supper". It's not appropriate, and I imagine that she was tired of it too.

There's no reason why we can't just get down to 4-5 candidates, and make a final selection. Some of these contestants will have a bright future even without the contract.
I think they really ought to do it

Top 12 > 10> 8> 6 > 4

that beats

Top 12> 11> 10 > 9 > 4

But I am guessing this gives more exposure to people who would be off of the final two... or maybe the twitter save is easier amongst two people as there will be no split votes if two out of three are country artists or two out of three are vocal acrobatics people.

Honestly, it is the third time that Korin has had to learn a new battle song. I don't fault her for messing up on that. The rest still have their original choices! And imagine having to do that on a holiday week! I also would have put her performance ahead of Shelby's (a religious song, to me, is pandering iTunes votes and it was another performance where she got ahead of the music a little bit... but I don't doubt Adam thought that since she was near the bottom last week and her iTunes sales sucked it was time to pull out a religious song or a hymn), Braiden's, Amy's, and Zach's.

That being said, neither Korin nor Braiden would have made it to the end. I just admit that of all of the females left, I preferred her to any of them. (I think she could pull off Amy's coffee house style with a stronger voice) I guess now my favorite female is Shelby, who also probably has a shelf life that will expire soon.

And when I think about it, Braiden's best performance has been "Feelin' Good." They have never been able to recapture that since. He knocked out Lindsey (for Gwen's reasoning, "he has so much potential") and Ellie (deservedly that time, but she has a ton of fans)... but he also beat out Mark and Evan and Korin's placements. And that is just astonishing to me. I think there was even a more talented 15 year old this year than him that never made it because her coach wasn't all, "She's 15!!! Adorbs!" all of the time. (Sianha) I guess I could have used a lot less "He's 15!!!!" and more putting him on the same even playing field as everybody else.

Heck -- everytime Barrett sings, I want Blake to say, "OMG, people!!!! He's 35!!!!!!" Because there are less people over 30 than there are people under 18!

It's not that I sing better than Braiden. I don't. I just think he really could have used a year or two and tried out when it is The Voice Season 12 or something.

Here is hoping that Evan and Korin form a duo and make an album together for all of us on Team Awkward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV