Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2016, 10:57 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I'll never understand why people get so bent out of shape about others looking for the idol. It is supposed to be found. They act all indignant and pissy and ,"how dare he?????". Makes me laugh.
I thought the same thing. So he just did what everyone else eventually does only he got caught.

I thought four younger members of the brain team were pretty stupid for deciding right away that the two older people would be dead weight just because of their age. Didn't they watch last season with Keith? Rudy did pretty well too in his turn as have other older contestants.

Not very smart for the "brains" of the group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2016, 11:07 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I thought the same thing. So he just did what everyone else eventually does only he got caught.

I thought four younger members of the brain team were pretty stupid for deciding right away that the two older people would be dead weight just because of their age. Didn't they watch last season with Keith? Rudy did pretty well too in his turn as have other older contestants.

Not very smart for the "brains" of the group.

it's always a common theme-old people=sucks. Shame.

Old 02-18-2016, 11:10 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,459,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
it's always a common theme-old people=sucks. Shame.
Not rare, though. Ageism is one of the tolerated, pardoned bigotries of our world. Of course, anyone who's ever waited tables in a restaurant where the "honored citizens menu" is a big draw probably comes honestly by ageism. More than once I've slipped a waitress some extra money on the side just to apologize for that table full of arrogant, entitled, persnickety, and vastly irritating old people she had to deal with.

I'd like to see Survivor: 40+. What if it was all middle age and up, no airhead eye candy?

Old 02-18-2016, 11:27 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
Not rare, though. Ageism is one of the tolerated, pardoned bigotries of our world. Of course, anyone who's ever waited tables in a restaurant where the "honored citizens menu" is a big draw probably comes honestly by ageism. More than once I've slipped a waitress some extra money on the side just to apologize for that table full of arrogant, entitled, persnickety, and vastly irritating old people she had to deal with.

I'd like to see Survivor: 40+. What if it was all middle age and up, no airhead eye candy?
Have you ever slipped a waitress extra money on the side for the table full of screaming, messy, bratty kids she had to deal with on "family nights" where kids get to eat for half price or free if they are under a certain age? Or the rowdy teens who stiffed her? Or the snooty businessmen/women who treated her like a servant? I was a waitress and I dealt with them all. Every group has its detractors.

Regarding "Survivor," I like your idea of "Survivor: 40+." I would watch it. How about "Survivor, Senior Edition-All Stars? " They could recall all former "Survivor" contestants over 40.

Old 02-18-2016, 11:54 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,811 times
I'd usually never comment on looks but since that's the theme I get to. How is half of brawn vastly better looking than beauty? Seriously, the beauty tribe isn't even that attractive. Very weird. Maybe it's a future twist or something because all the tribes seem a bit off. I enjoyed the first episode. Some good funny moments which is a plus. Yo genius, that's a cap on the marker. haha

Old 02-18-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Have you ever slipped a waitress extra money on the side for the table full of screaming, messy, bratty kids she had to deal with on "family nights" where kids get to eat for half price or free if they are under a certain age? Or the rowdy teens who stiffed her? Or the snooty businessmen/women who treated her like a servant? I was a waitress and I dealt with them all. Every group has its detractors.
I did it just the other day, in fact, at my longtime favorite Mexican place, where the owner himself comes out to greet me with an affectionate hug. Cattie-corner from me, a couple of animals with a litter of smaller animals allowed the smaller animals to make a horrendous mess. The table had to be moved to get it cleaned up, and a young teenage busperson got stuck with the job. I got my waitress's attention, and in Spanish for a little cover, asked her to give this ten-spot to the young lady, considering that the parents probably did not compensate her. She was not only delighted, but reported to me that the young lady is my owner friend's daughter (we hadn't been through town in a year and hadn't met her), very properly working her way into the family business starting with the worst possible job. I'd give gold to see the look on his face when he finds out about it.

I'm utterly down for 40+ All-Stars, especially since a fair number of real good players have cleared age 40 since the show began. Let's see how the wily old badgers, raccoons, and owls face off against their own kind when not outnumbered by a bunch of young'uns.

Old 02-18-2016, 01:23 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,216,463 times
looks like 'the gardner" is the most qualified survivor. Not the best social game though. I laughed when I saw cCaleb on the beauty team. I thought he would have thought he belonged on the brawn team.

Old 02-18-2016, 01:54 PM

You know what this season needed? A fourth team. Brains vs. Brawn vs. Boneheads vs. Beauty. The Boneheads could be former contestants who junked their games with stupid actions. "We're boneheads! In spite of lacking brains, brawn, or beauty, we get through anyway! Triumph of the will!" At the top of the bonehead list has to be the guy who gave away his immunity just so that the women would forgive him, even as they were laser-painting his forehead with the kill shot.

Old 02-18-2016, 01:59 PM

4,970 posts, read 6,268,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
You know what this season needed? A fourth team. Brains vs. Brawn vs. Boneheads vs. Beauty. The Boneheads could be former contestants who junked their games with stupid actions. "We're boneheads! In spite of lacking brains, brawn, or beauty, we get through anyway! Triumph of the will!" At the top of the bonehead list has to be the guy who gave away his immunity just so that the women would forgive him, even as they were laser-painting his forehead with the kill shot.
He's already been back. And he was rather boring on his return. There's also Brandon Hantz who played twice and gave up immunity once only to get voted out. There's James who stupidly got voted out with 2 idols but he's played three times.

Other than them, I find the idea of a cast of people that made stupid mistakes that cost them the game interesting. Does Colby taking Tina to the end over Keith count? Then again he's played 3 times already as well. I'm going to have to think about this because I'm kinda liking this idea now. Talk about Redemption (without the Island, please!)

Old 02-18-2016, 02:25 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Whew! Survivor is On Demand already!

I so agree why is Blondie on team brawn? She said she was a bungee jumper? And Darnell taking a dump in the ocean so close to camp....bye bye!!

The woman with the bug in her ear, OMG I was twitching left and right. I had that happen once, it is truly awful!! I was surprised they didn't call medical to get it out. Really strange!

rxgrrl so thought the same thing when I saw Tai ripping out the trees!! He respects all life, except when it comes to giving him an advantage!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV