Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2021, 11:18 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,029,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydayparis View Post
Umm... in today's computer times it is super easy to pick out a dress online; that's all I meant. And yes, some shops can communicate long distances. There are also seamstress all over.
Yes, but it makes sense that Madison and Kevin would work with a local dress shop, and not one in Pennsylvania. I doubt her and Kevin were shopping David's Bridal for their wedding, so the girls would have sent their measurements to the LA dress shop ( yes, I would assume online and not through the mail).

Quote:
Sorry, she was the definition of a brat. Oh, poor her.
Sorry, it's the year 2021. Kids are allowed to have feeling and be emotionally (especially with all that has changed in the last year). Most brides and grooms want their wedding party to feel comfortable instead of being overly controlling.

Quote:
Because last year it was all over the internet that she had. Click-bait or not I guess the actress should have put a halt to it sooner.
How? Celebrities don't have control over what some fake website posts. And considering how obviously fake it even sounds, it wouldn't seem to be worth her time to pursue these rumors.

Quote:
No, that's ridiculous. But they didn't need to show the in-five-years Kate at all.
Huh? Why wouldn't they show Kate at her own wedding? That was the big plot point to the ending, that Kate and Toby are no longer together. It kind of loses its wow factor without Kate being seen in a wedding dress. Next season is going to focus a lot more on the 4 year and 12 year future plotlines. What would be ridiculous is not showing Kate at all in either timeline considering she is one of the main characters... All because why... she isn't thinner than now?

Old 05-27-2021, 11:32 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,029,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Was anyone else cringing at the beginning where Kevin was doing the Peter Cook bit from The Princess Bride?
MA-WIDGE...
Not too cringy, unless he does it during Kate's wedding. I was already thinking during the opening scene that his speech seemed more like the start of someone officiating a wedding and not something you'd say during your marriage vows. But I was thinking that it would reveal something like Dejas future wedding, not Kate's wedding. Especially after Annie (?) brought up her getting married... And already knowing future Deja is pregnant. Then having that cliff hanger of does Deja and Malik stay together or is she marrying someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Wow. You have an incredible memory
That was all learned in the Nicky episode a few weeks ago.

Old 05-27-2021, 11:48 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydayparis View Post
Very true, it was a teachable moment to send a healthier message.
I was surprised at Beth's response to the complaint that the dress wasn't her and it didn't feel right. I would have expected her to come back with, 'Yes, but today isn't about you and you never need to wear this again.'

It seemed like a cheap way to try and get back in her daughters good graces.

Old 05-27-2021, 01:09 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,522,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Sorry, it's the year 2021. Kids are allowed to have feeling and be emotionally (especially with all that has changed in the last year). Most brides and grooms want their wedding party to feel comfortable instead of being overly controlling.
I agree, I don't think she was being a brat at all. She's dealing with some challenging stuff, trying to figure out who she is and develop her own identity. It's a lot for her to process, and communicating it to her parents conjures up all sorts of fears and insecurities (even with supportive parents like Beth and Randall). She was withdrawing and sort of shutting down. She wasn't acting out.

Old 05-27-2021, 04:31 PM

50,852 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
I think that goes both ways. Toby seems to be perpetually annoyed. You know how when someone is obviously upset, but when you ask they insist nothing's wrong? That's Toby all the time.

Kate has to walk on eggshells with him too. She's afraid to share any good news about her job to him because he will get upset that he doesn't have a job. When she suggested a plumber for the ceiling leak, he got defensive and jumped down her throat.
Kate walking on eggshells?

Old 05-27-2021, 05:57 PM

724 posts, read 404,263 times
Poor Kev is always facing constant stress and can never get a break. Felt bad for him in the finale.

Old 05-27-2021, 09:38 PM

11,642 posts, read 12,715,051 times
Were there any other bridesmaids besides Randall's daughters? Kate, I think was the matron of honor. If only Randall's daughters were bridesmaids, why didn't they just buy dresses in Philadelphia and bring them on the plane?
That whole Tess with the dress seemed very contrived.

Old 05-28-2021, 09:00 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,576,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Technically, we don't know that Kevin and Madison split up ... just that they didn't get married.
Well, they have to if she wants to date and find someone who she is in love with and who is in love with her too.

But, that can turn out to be Kevin.

Old 05-29-2021, 12:35 AM

5,592 posts, read 8,410,152 times
Well, I must say, those bridesmaids' dresses were beautiful. And Beth should've explained that there are millions of bridesmaids who haven't liked their dresses, so just suck it up. This day is about Madison, not you, Tess. Basic life etiquette.

I really can't stand Toby. All that constant joking gets on my last nerve. And Kate may still be morbidly obese but wowza, she looked stunning in that wedding gown. However, I do specifically remember in the beginning of the show, she had to agree to lose weight if the storyline called for it. So I assumed at some point we'd see a weight loss. But honestly, she is bigger than ever and it's hard to watch.

Old 05-29-2021, 09:51 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,576,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Well, I must say, those bridesmaids' dresses were beautiful. And Beth should've explained that there are millions of bridesmaids who haven't liked their dresses, so just suck it up. This day is about Madison, not you, Tess. Basic life etiquette.

I really can't stand Toby. All that constant joking gets on my last nerve. And Kate may still be morbidly obese but wowza, she looked stunning in that wedding gown. However, I do specifically remember in the beginning of the show, she had to agree to lose weight if the storyline called for it. So I assumed at some point we'd see a weight loss. But honestly, she is bigger than ever and it's hard to watch.

Nowadays, bridesmaids often wear different versions of the same dress depending on age and body type and other factors.

I don't know why people are so nitpicky about this show being 100% realisitc, but different bridesmaids dresses are not unrealisitc.

Beth knows this, and knew it would likely not matter to Madison. And it was a good way for the writers to create that moment between them, you know, plot device. It's a show.

It's been debunked over and over that the acress had a contract with the show to lose weight.

I agree she looks amazing in that wedding dress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.