Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2021, 08:27 AM

50,787 posts, read 24,289,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Those "reports" have been around since the very beginning of the show, and have been debunked over and over. It's not true.
And when one really thinks about, since the show goes backward and forward in time, in both flashbacks, flashforwards, and the present, it would be pretty much impossible.

Old 06-03-2021, 12:03 AM

5,589 posts, read 8,402,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Those "reports" have been around since the very beginning of the show, and have been debunked over and over. It's not true.
Look, here are direct quotes from Chrissy Metz and the show's creator, Dan Fogelman, who modeled Kate's character on his own sister:

Quote:
"In our contract, it did state that that would be a part of it, to lose the weight in the trajectory of the character as she comes to find herself. That was a win-win for me. Because it's one thing to try to do it on your own," she shared to TVLine in November of 2016. "But as human beings, it's an ego thing: We're more likely to do something for someone else."

Dan Fogelman, the show's creator, later explained that Chrissy was under no direct pressure to meet a certain goal. "Thus far, the plan we had for the character and what Chrissy's been doing have been working in tandem, with a talk once a year of, like, 'Hey, here's what we're thinking.' So we have a general long-term plan that we've all talked about, and we will adjust the plan as needed. I mean, that's life, right?" he said to The Hollywood Reporter in 2016 about the contract clause.
So I think we can safely say, the contract did not require her to lose a specific amount but there was a commitment to lose weight if that's where the character's storyline went. That's exactly what I said a few pages back.

Old 06-03-2021, 12:19 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Look, here are direct quotes from Chrissy Metz and the show's creator, Dan Fogelman, who modeled Kate's character on his own sister:

So I think we can safely say, the contract did not require her to lose a specific amount but there was a commitment to lose weight if that's where the character's storyline went. That's exactly what I said a few pages back.

Old 06-03-2021, 06:19 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,602,303 times
Quote:

From 2016? She looks like she's gained weight over the years.

I think what some people have referenced,however, are articles that she's already lost quite a bit of weight. I seem to remember seeing those multiple times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Jen, if you posted something, it's not showing up.

Old 06-03-2021, 06:25 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,499,246 times
Quote:
The comment I was replying to said "I did read reports about Kate/Chrissy contractually obligated to lose weight."

No, she has never been contractually obligated to lose weight. There's a difference between the contract stating that the storyline may go in a direction where she might need to lose weight, and being contractually obligated to do so.

Old 06-03-2021, 10:05 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
From 2016? She looks like she's gained weight over the years.

I think what some people have referenced,however, are articles that she's already lost quite a bit of weight. I seem to remember seeing those multiple times.

Jen, if you posted something, it's not showing up.
I highlighted the part of the post I quoted that said there was a commitment (note difference between that word and contract, for one) to lose weight IF that is where the character's storyline goes, which it may never. We see her 5 years in the future so far.

Old 06-03-2021, 12:23 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,602,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I highlighted the part of the post I quoted that said there was a commitment (note difference between that word and contract, for one) to lose weight IF that is where the character's storyline goes, which it may never. We see her 5 years in the future so far.
Got it. Thanks, Jen!

Old 06-03-2021, 03:40 PM

50,787 posts, read 24,289,888 times
Sounds like a job for a super hero named CGI!

But let's get serious. There's going to be no weight loss of any consequence for the next few months, and then the series will be finished with taping for the last season. End of story. But I'll take bets!

Old 06-17-2021, 02:18 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times
I finally finished this last season. Woah, so Kate and Toby get a divorce.

I went back and looked at the scene when they all go to visit Rebecca at Kevin's. Kevin has a wedding ring on and Nicky has a wedding ring on. No way Nicky married Rebecca unless he had it on as pretend for the sake of Rebecca having Alzheimer disease (they look alike to her). He could be just playing the part.

Old 06-17-2021, 02:42 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I finally finished this last season. Woah, so Kate and Toby get a divorce.
Maybe not this show has a way of making you think something and it's just the opposite
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV