Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2009, 06:57 AM

1,820 posts, read 4,494,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I seriously doubt that they were 'doing ok month to month'. Kate said she always made more $$ than Jon--as a nurse. When she worked full time that might be around $30,000? So Jon was not making enough $$ at any point to support a wife and 2 kids on one income and then there were 6.

'Aunt Jodi' said you could see the fear in their eyes.
actually, if she is an RN she could have very well been making almost double that.. just an fyi.
Possibly an LPN would make $30K ,but not an RN.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:21 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,494,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMD67 View Post
actually, if she is an RN she could have very well been making almost double that.. just an fyi.
Possibly an LPN would make $30K ,but not an RN.
That's good to know.

I think it would take 3/4 times that to support 8 children.

At any rate Jon seems to feel shame that he isn't 'The Provider'.

Last edited by TakeAhike; 05-29-2009 at 07:37 AM..

Old 05-29-2009, 08:02 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,237,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
I feel bad for Jon it's clear he wants out but he cannot get out because he signed on the dotted line because of Kate's constant "This is so we can feed our children" and "Don't you care about me and my career" bull crap.

When I was watching the show and she was talking about her career I was like what career? Since when is pimping out your kids a career.
I thought the same thing... career? A career is when you get up 5 mornings a week at the crack of dawn, haul your butt through traffic to your beige cubicle and do mind-numbing, spirit-crushing work for 8 hours, then fight traffic to get back home, for 40 years! Flying first class to Chicago to be on Oprah and then taking a limo to a book store in Elgin to sit there and be admired for 2 hours while you sign books isn't a career!

Old 05-29-2009, 08:04 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,237,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
They both have issues. Kate is clearly domineering and selfish while Jon is too wimpy and clearly lacks confidence or he would have stood up to his wife a long time ago.

It's easy to see how the pushy and the meek initially compliment one another, but when both sides are polarized to the extreme, it's like trying to push together two magnets that have opposite magnetic polarity. It just won't work.

For this marriage to last, Jon needs to find his voice and stand up for himself and Kate needs to learn that marriage is team where both people SHARE leadership. Because Jon's so wimpy, Kate probably feels like she has to be the "man" for both of them. I'm not excusing her behavior, but I kind of understand it. Feeling like she's forced to take on extra responsibility makes her angry and resentful, but it's a false dilemma. She really should help Jon come out of his shell so that he can take on more so she doesn't feel like everything's always on her shoulders.

just my .02
I've known a couple very "strong, alpha personality" women who got married - one to a wimp that let her be in control, which ended in divorce, and the other married an even stronger personality type of man. Her marriage seems to be great, so I'm wondering if Kate actually needs a husband who's stronger and more in control than she is?

Old 05-29-2009, 08:20 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,534,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
You hadn't noticed that Jon was also the recipient of some of those perks and the inflow of cash? Hmmmm, teeth whitening, hair plugs, gym membership, vacation/condo in Utah, the sportscar he drove up to the birthday party in.....not sure how many of those college coeds he was simply out having a drink with would have been overly interested in a chubby, balding, dad of 8 driving a donated oversized van...
Yes, Jon had those perks....however I truly believe she pushed and he took. I believe she is the one that says you must, we must all of us must take what they give.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:25 AM

[quote=Paralegal3;9031299]
Where were they four years ago?

Maybe four years ago it wasn't as BAD and wreckless as it is now...again Money is the root of all evil. Don't get me wrong parents with multiplues should except donations. Diapers, cribs, even the van they have...once it got to the teeth, trips and tummy tuck, and hair transplants thats when thing got out of hand.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:51 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I seriously doubt that they were 'doing ok month to month'. Kate said she always made more $$ than Jon--as a nurse. When she worked full time that might be around $30,000? So Jon was not making enough $$ at any point to support a wife and 2 kids on one income and then there were 6.

'Aunt Jodi' said you could see the fear in their eyes.
nurses can make a lot of money. Way more than $30K. People can survive on less than you might think. During the first hour special, Jon was a full time IT guy, and Kate worked 8 hours every other Saturday and 16 hours every other Saturday.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
According to Kate herself...she'd been raising the kids all alone and Jon is useless.
when did she say that? Ive never heard her say that. When they lived together, Jon gave them all baths, got them ready for bed, and played with them when he wasn't working. Kate was the organizer and the cook. Jon may not be up to her OCD expectations, but I don't think he was useless.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:00 AM

[quote=Proud Rowlett Owner;9037892]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralegal3 View Post
Where were they four years ago?

Maybe four years ago it wasn't as BAD and wreckless as it is now...again Money is the root of all evil. Don't get me wrong parents with multiplues should except donations. Diapers, cribs, even the van they have...once it got to the teeth, trips and tummy tuck, and hair transplants thats when thing got out of hand.
According to her book, they bought the van. The tummy tuck was early on and was apparently offered by the wife of a plastic surgeon. They didn't even have the regular show at that point. That was before it got out of hand IMO. What bugs me is that they get special treatment at every attraction or event that they go to. The zoo, the baseball game, box seats at every show, their own tram to drive them around. That is not how normal people take their family to see Sesame Street Live or to a baseball game! I want to see them struggling to get food for everyone and keep them all in their seats like normal people, not having free run of a sky suite!

Old 05-29-2009, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
when did she say that? Ive never heard her say that. When they lived together, Jon gave them all baths, got them ready for bed, and played with them when he wasn't working. Kate was the organizer and the cook. Jon may not be up to her OCD expectations, but I don't think he was useless.

Totally agree on that, And Kate has said that. She said it in all the episodes I seen which is a handful. Always said I do everything myself. Lets face it Jon is immature, but he seems to be a great dad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.